[Urgent help] I really need a Dev. Seriously.

Search This thread

nickobarsotti

Jun 22, 2014
Hello guys! This is my first post so please don't hate me.
I have an old Defy which I need to use because my current smartphone is broken. But I have some problems:

My Defy is a MB525 but months ago I've flashed an MB526 (Defy +) SBF and since then my Defy became a Defy+. The problem is: It's stucked on bootloop (M of death) and I CAN'T GET TO STOCK RECOVERY.

I try everything:
- Flashed all Defy MB525 SBFs = white led (of death) and screen off
- Flashed a lot of Defy + SBFs = only one "worked". It's the DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_CN_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P015_A030_Service1FF this rom is the only one who makes my phone boot.. into a bootloop without stock recovery.

I don't have problems to recognize the phone on RSD Lite, my drivers are up to date and my battery is 100% (universal charger for hours). I try to revive this phone almost everyday. I'm using a Defy MB525 (used to be a Claro Brazil rom) with a MB526 rom and BL 7. I remember that one day I was able to flash a chinese rom and the system used to boot, but I couldn't get more than five minutes of use, the system crashed and rebooted. Don't know if this is important but anyway.

I just need to get to the stock recovery. I'm beggin you guys to help me because I really don't know what else to do.

Thanks very much for your understanding I'll be very glad if someone help me out.

Best regards.

PS: I really need your help DEVs, I'm not a noob but this is beyond my comprehension :crying:

hotdog125

Sep 19, 2012
Bangalore
Have you tried going to stock recovery after flashing DFP-231? It's not possible that the stock recovery is missing. Switch off the Defy, hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously till a triangle with a ! mark appears. Then press both volume up and volume down simultaneously to get stock recovery. Then wipe data and cache and try again. If it still doesn't work, it looks like a hardware problem.

Reactions: pradeeppk

bone101

Jan 6, 2012
Have you tried going to stock recovery after flashing DFP-231? It's not possible that the stock recovery is missing. Switch off the Defy, hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously till a triangle with a ! mark appears. Then press both volume up and volume down simultaneously to get stock recovery. Then wipe data and cache and try again. If it still doesn't work, it looks like a hardware problem.
0. read beginners guide ;)
1. charge battery (ext. charger)
2. factory reset from stock recovery if possible
2a. if not flash dfp-231.sbf (may end in bootloop)
2b. wipe data in stock recovery (should work now)
3. reboot

now you can root , install recovery

Sent from my MB525 red , froyo 2.2.2 german blurless service.sbf, as stock rom

Last edited:
Reactions: hotdog125

nickobarsotti

Jun 22, 2014
Guys I REALLY cannot go to the stock. Seriously I don't know why. I know how it works and it really seems like missing! I'm doing everything right!! It's a dead end :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Is there any way to flash only the recovery apart from a full SBF? I read about ADB also. If I could make ADB see my device when it's in bootload I could try some commands, right? But I think ADB just works when the phone is alread booted.

Thanks again for your help DEVs!

nickobarsotti

Jun 22, 2014
sorry for double post

Hey guys I figurated something! My defy only boots (into the bootloop) to this four Defy + SBFs. They are all BL 7 I think.

4.5.1-134_DFP-188
4.5.1-134_DFP-231
4.5.1-134_DFP-2311
4.5.1-134_DFP-2312

Any other SBF (MB525 or MB526) get me to the black screen and white led.
Don't know if this helps but anyway.. Still not able to go to the recovery.

hotdog125

Sep 19, 2012
Bangalore
Those SBFs are BL7s. Anyways, if you're not able to enter stock recovery then most probably you're doing something wrong. Watch some videos on YouTube on how to enter stock recovery. It is simply impossible for the stock recovery to be "missing". I may be able to help you on hangouts though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pradeeppk

Feb 8, 2012
KERALA
bro,
have you faced any defects in volume controll previously.
It may be due to faulty volume switch, which essentialy need to enter recovery.
Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hotdog125

nickobarsotti

Jun 22, 2014
Those SBFs are BL7s. Anyways, if you're not able to enter stock recovery then most probably you're doing something wrong. Watch some videos on YouTube on how to enter stock recovery. It is simply impossible for the stock recovery to be "missing". I may be able to help you on hangouts though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hotdog I really appreciate your concern but I'm doing it right, seriously. I know that when you boot to the recovery a green android with an exclamation point appears, and then you press vol up + vol down BUT I CAN'T GET THERE. THERE IS NO ROBOT. NO LIVE. NO HOPE :crying:
Sorry I'm a sentimental mood I love this phone so much. I'll try to record the defy boot with my lazy webcam later

bro,

Hey bro! The vol buttons are working because sunday I flashed a "fixed sbf" based on my DFP-231 SBF and try to go to the stock recovery but instead it lead me to a bootloader failure. It means that the command was sent, but the system was corrupted.

I was thinking about "mixing" a NANDROID with this SBF and flash it via RSD LITE, is it really possible? I was able to mix SBFs before, it changed the M logo but lead me to the same "bootloader error"..

bone101

Jan 6, 2012
If bootloader is ok.....

Sound's like hardware problem...
Have you error output in RSD during flash process ?

nickobarsotti

Jun 22, 2014
Lame webcam record

Hey guys!! I made that video showing that I have no recovery. I know, there is no quality in this video because its an old (very old) webcam. Anyway the first time I try to go to recovery and the second I enter on the bootloader to show that the buttons are ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-vovcdpQ0s

Last edited:

hotdog125

Sep 19, 2012
Bangalore
That URL is for some other video?. Anyway, I found the video in question. It looks as if volume down isn't working, so I guess the fault is with the volume button. Most probably the bootloop will be fixed by a data wipe in stock recovery.

Last edited:

nickobarsotti

Jun 22, 2014
That URL is for some other video?. Anyway, I found the video in question. It looks as if volume down isn't working, so I guess the fault is with the volume button. Most probably the bootloop will be fixed by a data wipe in stock recovery.

Sorry I fixed the video right now. The button is working, I make sure of that. **** it, guess this fancy brick with a M letter is all I got.

Anyway thanks for your support guys. I've discovered something in my unbrick mission: I learned that Linux is a great operating system, better then windows, and will probably be my primary OS from now on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0. read beginners guide ;)
    1. charge battery (ext. charger)
    2. factory reset from stock recovery if possible
    2a. if not flash dfp-231.sbf (may end in bootloop)
    2b. wipe data in stock recovery (should work now)
    3. reboot

now you can root , install recovery

bro,