[GUIDE][ROM][ROOTING][4.4.2] XOLO Q1010i with Screenshots

Search This thread

Kail2011

Feb 4, 2011
Chennai
Hi friends, who want to root your Xolo q1010i running on 4.4.2 just download and install kingroot and kinguser. I have tried so many methods to root my device but nothing worked finally I rooted my device using kingroot.

Sent from my Q1010i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hadn't seen this post a few days before. Broke my head, but finally Kingroot worked like a charm.

Please note that the version linked in this forum didnt work. Get the latest version of Kingroot from their homepage. All the best...

Reactions: madhavpokharel

kool_sandy

Jan 15, 2015
Delhi
Hadn't seen this post a few days before. Broke my head, but finally Kingroot worked like a charm.

Please note that the version linked in this forum didnt work. Get the latest version of Kingroot from their homepage. All the best...

Can you please help me with the download link for Kingroot. I want to flash recovery and root my Micromax Colors A120. Please help

Reactions: madhavpokharel

maxsan20

Mar 28, 2012
New Delhi
root

hay i install the cwm v5.5.0.4 but how to flash pre-rooted kitkkat link provided is 7.zip and its not show in the CWM

xeltos

Nov 6, 2012
Guys I am trying to root my Xolo Q1010i But failing. PTM has changed error. preloader.bin does not work.
Android 4.4.2
Please help

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I rooted using Kingroot. It shows the tick, But no sign of the device being rooted.

What about ROOT XOLO A1010

Introduction :
Hey Guys so we successfully extracted the 4.4.2 stock ROM, Rooted it and Uploaded!

1st Let's Begin with How To ROOT and Flash Recovery on your XOLO Q1010i (works on both JB & KK)

Downloads:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)
- MT6582 Scatter File (HERE)
-NEW CTR Recovery by Chirag Jain for Q1010i Only (HERE)
-SP Flash Tools v3.1352.01 (5.1352.01) (HERE)
-SuperSu Zip (Download and Move it to your SD Card) (HERE)

Instructions:

PS - Place all Downloaded Files in the same Place for Easy Access (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 1: Install The MTK USB Drivers on Your PC by Clicking on Install.bat
If it Doesn't work See THIS

Step 2: Open SP Flash Tools folder and click on flash_tool.exe (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 3: In The Flash Tool window Click on Scatter-Loading, Select MT6582_Android_Scatter.txt and Press Open (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 4: In Flash Tool Window Check (Tick) RECOVERY and Click on the Blank Green Space Beside It and select Recovery.img (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 5: Press on Download Button at Top, Switch Off Your Device and Connect it to your PC (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 6: The Below Bar will Change it's Color Red Then Yellow and Finally show a Download OK Dialog Box (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 7: Now Disconnect Your Phone, Close Flash tools, Press and Hold Volume UP and Power Button Together till it powers UP

Step 8: It'll take you to Recovery Mode, In it Press Install Zip ---> Choose Zip SDCard ---> Select the SuperSu.zip You Placed Earlier in Your SDCard and Press YES Install

Step 9: On Complete Installation, Reboot Your Device, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! You've Successfully ROOTED and Flashed Recovery on Your Device !!!

Note:

If SP Flash Tools Shows You PMT Error Just Download the Preloader.bin From (HERE) and Flash it along with the Recovery through Sp Tools

Procedure is same You'll Just have to tick Preloader option and Load Preloader.bin also

Credits:

Chirag Jain For Porting CTR v2.2 Recovery for XOLO Q1010i
Nishan Goswami For Testing
Chainfire For Making SuperSu
Mediatek For SP Flash Tools

I have tried all root apps kingroot, baidu, towel, vroot.... to root xolo a1010 but not successful. Pls help.

PDKMMXA100

Apr 18, 2013
Nagpur
I have rooted my xolo q1010i (4.4.2) using "bgos10"'s useful post

I am not able to root my phone using Kingroot apk. I hv updated xolo q1010i to 4.4.2 KK. Pls tell how to go about it without using PC.

I was trying to root my device by kingroot and all other apps. But none were useful. Then I decided to root using sp flash tool and followed recent post on first page of this thread by bgos10. Pls download all the attachments in one folder as per this post. Also download preloader.bin file and keep it in same folder. In sp flash tool selected both preloader.bin file and recovery file which you are going to flash in your device. However before this It is necessary to install MTK usb drivers. For correctly doing this follow the following link.
http://thebroodle.com/microsoft/win...tk65xx-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers-in-windows/

The MT6582 Scatter File will give you "PMT error" when you will try to use it through SP flash tool. So it is advisable to generate your own scatter file for your device. So see the post of "Anvesh2013" in this thread and download "MTK Droid Tools" for generating your own scatter file which you should use for flashing recovery. The MTK droid tools can be downloaded from following link.
http://androidxda.com/download-mtk-droid-tool

So by following step by step process I could flash the carliv recovery and also root the device. During rooting The carliv recovery gave me msg that root is not properly installed and do you want to fix it. So I selected yes and rebooted device. After rebooting I noticed that device was rooted perfectly.
Thanks to both "bgos10" and "Anvesh2013".

mysteryno46

PMT Error keeps coming even after flashing Preloader.bin

Introduction :
Hey Guys so we successfully extracted the 4.4.2 stock ROM, Rooted it and Uploaded!
If SP Flash Tools Shows You PMT Error Just Download the Preloader.bin From (HERE) and Flash it along with the Recovery through Sp Tools

Procedure is same You'll Just have to tick Preloader option and Load Preloader.bin also

I keep getting PMT Error even after flashing preloader.bin.
I tried to flash CWM from another linked and it worked. But in result when I flashed CM12 with CWM, my IMEI number got wiped.
Kindly help me out get rid on PMT Error.

Thanks and Regards.

Pujeet

Nov 26, 2016
Help please!!!!!!!!!!!

hello everyone I'm pujeet and currently have a not so working xolo q1010i I followed all your steps carefully but some how messed everything up I have updated to kk and was trying gain root access with dis tutorial and now I have a bricked device which wont turn on or anything the phone is dead... I have the jb stock rom but idk how to use it to get my phone back to life please help..and I would appreciate any and all the help thanks.
PS:and while the process on the flash tool was done it showed this error:[EMI] Obtain DRAM Failed!

Milor123

Jul 10, 2016
I have a question, If I format the Booloader of my mtk 6582, could I flash a new bootloader, If I do manually for example, erases from (0x0000000000000000 to 0x0000000000c00000) >> (bootloader to begin of mbr)... Then could I flash my bootloader backup? Or could it brick my phone?

The problem is that spflash tools says "PTM changed for the ROM: It must be downloaded." but I want not format /system either /data ..... I've try do manually format (except bootloader, system and data) but the problem is not solved .... Can some one help me?

I've tried download the preloader.bin but not work... spflash says the same error

Note: I want not do a readback

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction :

1st Let's Begin with How To ROOT and Flash Recovery on your XOLO Q1010i (works on both JB & KK)

Downloads:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)
    - MT6582 Scatter File (HERE)
    -NEW CTR Recovery by Chirag Jain for Q1010i Only (HERE)
    -SP Flash Tools v3.1352.01 (5.1352.01) (HERE)
    -SuperSu Zip (Download and Move it to your SD Card) (HERE)

Instructions:

PS - Place all Downloaded Files in the same Place for Easy Access (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 1: Install The MTK USB Drivers on Your PC by Clicking on Install.bat
    If it Doesn't work See THIS

Step 2: Open SP Flash Tools folder and click on flash_tool.exe (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 3: In The Flash Tool window Click on Scatter-Loading, Select MT6582_Android_Scatter.txt and Press Open (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 4: In Flash Tool Window Check (Tick) RECOVERY and Click on the Blank Green Space Beside It and select Recovery.img (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 5: Press on Download Button at Top, Switch Off Your Device and Connect it to your PC (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 6: The Below Bar will Change it's Color Red Then Yellow and Finally show a Download OK Dialog Box (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 7: Now Disconnect Your Phone, Close Flash tools, Press and Hold Volume UP and Power Button Together till it powers UP

Step 8: It'll take you to Recovery Mode, In it Press Install Zip ---> Choose Zip SDCard ---> Select the SuperSu.zip You Placed Earlier in Your SDCard and Press YES Install

Step 9: On Complete Installation, Reboot Your Device, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! You've Successfully ROOTED and Flashed Recovery on Your Device !!!

Note:

Credits:

Chirag Jain For Porting CTR v2.2 Recovery for XOLO Q1010i
    Nishan Goswami For Testing
    Chainfire For Making SuperSu
    HOW To Flash Stock ROM on Your Device Through SP TOOLS

Here's HOW To Flash Stock ROM on Your Device Through SP TOOLS

Requirements:

-SP TOOLS v5.1352.01 (DOWNLOAD HERE)

-STOCK ROM For Your Device (4.4.2 KitKat ROM HERE) (4.2.2 Jelly BeanROM HERE)

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)

-A PC with Windows 7 or Later

Instructions:

-Download and Extract the Stock ROM you Downloaded Above

-Download and Install the MTK USB Drivers from Above

-Extract SP TOOLs and Run Flash_tool.exe

-In the SP TOOLs Window Select Scatter Loading and Select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt Found in the Stock ROM folder you Just Extracted

-Press Download Button on the Top, Switch OFF and Connect Your Device to the PC

-The Flashing Will Start and You'll see Thew Bottom Status bar changing Color from Red, Purple to Yellow, Once Flaching is Complete You'll see a Download OK Dialog Box

-Now Disconnect your Phone and Power it Up!!!!
    Here's How ROOT and Flash Recovery on Your Phone Without Touching Your PC

Instructions:

-Download and Install Framaroot( v1.9.1 Tested to be Working !!!) HERE

-Open The App and Select SuperSu from Dropdown Menu and press Bahahir,It'll be ROOTED!!!

-Download and Install Mobile Uncle tools From Play Store (HERE)

-Download CTR v2.2 Recovery.img (HERE) and place it in your SDCard Directly (Don't place it inside any Folder)

-Open Mobile Uncle Tools, Select Recovery update, Select Recovery.img From there, Press OK And Then Reboot into Recovery Mode !!!

DONE!!! You've Successfully Flashed Recovery on Your Device!!!

KK users follow this for Rooting without PC

Step 1: Root Your Device

Android 4.4.x

Download Rooting Package (HERE)

The Package contains KingRoot, SuperSu and ES File Explorer

PS- Make sure to turn off data/WiFi while Rooting

Steps:

1. Download the Package and Install Kingroot App from there

2. Open the App and Press on the Green Button on It

3. When A Tick Mark Shows , It means you’re Rooted!!!

STEP 2: Flash Recovery on your device

-Find Custom Recovery (HERE) for your Device

-Download Rashr from Play Store

-Place downloaded recovery.img on your SDCARD

-Open Rashr and Select Recovery from Storage

-In that menu select the .img file and Select Yes, please

--Now Reboot to Recovery

-And You’re done!!!
    Flashing Q1010i (4.4.2-KitKat Stock ROM through Recovery

Here's HOW To Flash 4.4.2 Stock ROM Through Recovery (JB n KK)

Instructions

-Make Sure You've Flashed CTR Recovery on Your Device (See Post 1 & 2 for More Details)

-Download Flashable Zip of Stock 4.4.2 ROM from (HERE)
    -Download SuperSu Zip from (Here)

-Place Both the Files in Your SD Card, Goto Recovery Mode

-In Recovery Mode Go To Install ---> Install from SD ----> Select the ROM File and press YES to Flash it and Do the Same for the SuperSu Zip after Flashing completes

-Reboot and Enjoy !!!

Credits:

Ritesh Nair for the Stock 4.4.2 Zip
    Thread Updated

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk