[Q] Battery life issue!!

Search This thread

thestar1992

Mar 30, 2012
I understand that many people have battery problem with nexus 5 due to the camera app running in the background with skype or other apps that uses the camera. I dont use any of these apps and recently i am barely getting 2.5hrs screen on time(SOT) where just before a couple of weeks i was getting almost 4.5-5 hrs SOT. its a huge drop. I assumed it was a rouge app that i must have downloaded that is using up the battery so i factory reset my phone and have only reinstalled several apps such as facebook and whatsapp and several others but even today i only got 2hrs and 30 mins of SOT.

The battery setting shows the android system and the screen using most of the battery. Is anyone else facing similar issue? or if you can suggest me what I can do to fix it, I will be very thankful.

ps. i am running stock rom with stock kernel (not rooted)

thanks in advance

Last edited:

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Normally I'd suggest installing BetterBatteryStats and see what is keeping your device awake, but it could be your sync settings/frequency, radio signal strength, and etc that are the culprit.

Factory reset again and install only updates for stock apps. Leave all other 3rd party app off your phone for 24hours. Use the phone as a phone, rather than a social and gaming platform for that amount of time.

See if you get better life at that point. If so, then it's at least one or multiple apps that you need to monitor closely. Best way is to get your baseline as I suggested, and then install apps one-by-one to find the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: thestar1992

movielover76

Jan 3, 2011
Cherry Hill, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Normally I'd suggest installing BetterBatteryStats and see what is keeping your device awake, but it could be your sync settings/frequency, radio signal strength, and etc that are the culprit.

Factory reset again and install only updates for stock apps. Leave all other 3rd party app off your phone for 24hours. Use the phone as a phone, rather than a social and gaming platform for that amount of time.

See if you get better life at that point. If so, then it's at least one or multiple apps that you need to monitor closely. Best way is to get your baseline as I suggested, and then install apps one-by-one to find the issue.

If using the device stock with only stock apps doesn't increase your battery life the problem could be hardware related too.
The first N5 which I ordered the day it launched had the battery life fall to almost half
I tried everything I could think of, flash stock, factory reset, dim brightness, disable everything, only use 3G nothing worked.
then the earpiece started to go, called google for a RMA and the new device works perfectly
with the same apps installed I'm now getting 4 - 4 1/2 hours of SOT when I was lucky to get 3 before, usually 2 1/2
Seems battery had a hardware issue as well, I had been chalking it up to software battery drain issues, but it was definately hardware in my case.

D

Darth

Without screen shots from gsam or something, anything but the stock battery usage section in settings.....we're all just guessing here. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
If using the device stock with only stock apps doesn't increase your battery life the problem could be hardware related too.
The first N5 which I ordered the day it launched had the battery life fall to almost half
I tried everything I could think of, flash stock, factory reset, dim brightness, disable everything, only use 3G nothing worked.
then the earpiece started to go, called google for a RMA and the new device works perfectly
with the same apps installed I'm now getting 4 - 4 1/2 hours of SOT when I was lucky to get 3 before, usually 2 1/2
Seems battery had a hardware issue as well, I had been chalking it up to software battery drain issues, but it was definately hardware in my case.

Faulty Battery sells often do get into the production line and its very common as OP has no pics we cant determine weather is software or hardware related

If anything send it to Google for RMA or LG for a replacement battery

joannn

Feb 5, 2014
Battery life

I understand that many people have battery problem with nexus 5 due to the camera app running in the background with skype or other apps that uses the camera. I dont use any of these apps and recently i am barely getting 2.5hrs screen on time(SOT) where just before a couple of weeks i was getting almost 4.5-5 hrs SOT. its a huge drop. I assumed it was a rouge app that i must have downloaded that is using up the battery so i factory reset my phone and have only reinstalled several apps such as facebook and whatsapp and several others but even today i only got 2hrs and 30 mins of SOT.

The battery setting shows the android system and the screen using most of the battery. Is anyone else facing similar issue? or if you can suggest me what I can do to fix it, I will be very thankful.

ps. i am running stock rom with stock kernel (not rooted)

thanks in advance

Same problem i had in the past with Nexus 5 . We cant say that it is a hardware or a software related.MIGHT BE OR MAY NOT BE.
Its better to factory reset again and install all apps one by one to find out the actual reason only updates for stock apps leave all other apps for the time being.Turn off your Bluetooth and use your phone as a phone only, for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.