[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SGH-T999

Search This thread

omar300

Jul 2, 2012
Toronto
dimming issue

Has anyone else noticed the dimming is not very smooth.
the dimming frames are very laggy and very obvious.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Wait... This works on Tmobile rom?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ummm yea i have been using it for more than 3 weeks. But that developer suggested to wait for update since new cm10 update isnt compatible so im still on original cm10 kernal.
Best part of about it 192mhz and undervolts

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
This rom is super smooth thanks for your work. I've only had my s3 since yesterday and this is the first rom I flashed and it is awesome so far. Is there an overclock kernel yet for this? Not that it needs it but I always like to have the option
sent via galaxy s3 on jelly bean

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
Notice it on stock as well.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Yup i do too. On that note some of you guys complain way to much about dumb little things. Dont use the rom then man it is a damn preview build and a very very good preview it is dd material. Stop complaining if u have a problem logcat! Other then that u knew what issues might have arised before flashing this rom. And what is up mt3g i remember u! :) either g2x or galaxy s2 u had

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

This rom is super smooth thanks for your work. I've only had my s3 since yesterday and this is the first rom I flashed and it is awesome so far. Is there an overclock kernel yet for this? Not that it needs it but I always like to have the option

Not yet i believe 3rd party kernel devs still have to merge over a few hundred commits. Some major kernel updates went down so if u flash an older aosp kernel it is likely to break some things. I would wait till u see kernel devs update their kernels

Reactions: tgamble160

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Yup i do too. On that note some of you guys complain way to much about dumb little things. Dont use the rom then man it is a damn preview build and a very very good preview it is dd material. Stop complaining if u have a problem logcat! Other then that u knew what issues might have arised before flashing this rom. And what is up mt3g i remember u! :) either g2x or galaxy s2 u had

The god forbid g2x lol. And ya I agree, this is not meant for a DD. Its nice to see someone let you know of an issue but 15 times is enough, log cats are the only thing that are useful anymore, and there seems to be a few of them already I'm sure there things happening in the wood works :)

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
The god forbid g2x lol. And ya I agree, this is not meant for a DD. Its nice to see someone let you know of an issue but 15 times is enough, log cats are the only thing that are useful anymore, and there seems to be a few of them already I'm sure there things happening in the wood works :)

I will defintly be using this as my daily. I don't notice any bugs. What's supposed to be broken? Because everything seems to working great for me

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I second that. Without HW Overlay, I'm still as smooth or smoother.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I will defintly be using this as my daily. I don't notice any bugs. What's supposed to be broken? Because everything seems to working great for me

Yeah, aside from these reboots everything is functioning perfectly fine for me. Hell, even with the reboots I am still sticking with this as my daily ROM and just hoping the fix for it is coming soon. I assume it is since there are plenty of us plagued with it.

arathur

I am running the latest version of cm10 (cm-10-20120808-3-UNOFFICIAL-d2tmo). Before I installed it, I wiped data 3 times, wiped cache 3 times and wiped dalvik 2 times. Today I replaced gallery2.apk with the "fixed" version from the latest version of whitehawkx's JB AOKP. After replacing the file, the camera's touch-to-focus problem really IS fixed. However, if I tap the screen two times really fast, the camera app freezes and Force Closes. I have included the full logcat .txt file which I hope will help someone understand my problem better:

View attachment 1251783

I made sure to clear the logcat before reproducing the error so that there isn't too much unrelated junk on it. I'd appreciate any help I can get :)

Last edited:

SlakWReX

OK. I posted earlier that I haven't gotten reboots. But I got 3 all while on a call and 2 while using my camera. They were back to back and unexpected so I wasnt ready for a log cat. Everyone just keep posting your log cats. I'll be ready for next time.

Sent from a Galaxy 3759295 light years away.
Thank me if I helped :D

Dec 12, 2009
Costa Mesa
Who else has a hot phone?

I'm still having pretty gnarly heat/battery consumption on the last 08/08 build as with all previous builds :eek:. Coming from the concurrent CM9 nightly, I went from 1-2 full days battery use to <1 day. Also I noticed that some graphics elements such as closing the App drawer or scrolling through menus or web pages are significantly more ragged than in CM9.

Is there anything i'm forgetting outside of Wipe Data/Factory reset and wiping cache, dalvik? Some people seem to be having as good an experience on CM10 as I've been having on CM9, which for me was flawless outside of some media volume automation issues and not having Google Now with voice.

I hope I'm doing something wrong and it's not just a sign that CM10 doesn't like my particular T999.

Anyhow, keep up the great work Steve & team; Cyanogen is the best.

Evo4eva

Jun 18, 2011
League City
I'm still having pretty gnarly heat/battery consumption on the last 08/08 build as with all previous builds :eek:. Coming from the concurrent CM9 nightly, I went from 1-2 full days battery use to <1 day. Also I noticed that some graphics elements such as closing the App drawer or scrolling through menus or web pages are significantly more ragged than in CM9.

Is there anything i'm forgetting outside of Wipe Data/Factory reset and wiping cache, dalvik? Some people seem to be having as good an experience on CM10 as I've been having on CM9, which for me was flawless outside of some media volume automation issues and not having Google Now with voice.

I hope I'm doing something wrong and it's not just a sign that CM10 doesn't like my particular T999.

Anyhow, keep up the great work Steve & team; Cyanogen is the best.

The heat issue is an issue across all SGSIIIs. Even the other carriers. It hasn't caused an overheating problem for me yet, but who knows in the future. I have had this issue with every ROM I have flashed. There is even a thread about it somewhere around here.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix

the reboots for me cause for non DD, I should've been more specific, I apologize. The rom itself is amazing and smooth, but little things that cause reboots are just too much for my needs. Soon enough it'll all be ironed out.

Dec 12, 2009
Costa Mesa
The heat issue is an issue across all SGSIIIs. Even the other carriers. It hasn't caused an overheating problem for me yet, but who knows in the future. I have had this issue with every ROM I have flashed. There is even a thread about it somewhere around here.

That is interesting. This is only my 3rd android phone with CM and I hadn't run into it before. Combining that lack of general experience and having just run CM9 with no noticeable increase in temperature, I'm surprised and sad to hear this.

That's okay though, it's all good fun ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10 on the T-Mobile Galaxy S3. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Known issues being worked on:
    * Picasa sync doesn't work (if you overwrite the Gallery with the Google version, you'll break the camera, don't do it). We need someone to port the sync code from the old Gallery3D app!
    * 1 frame flicker when transitioning between overlay/gpu rendering.
    * All the things.

Install instructions:
    1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "d2tmo". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
    2. Get the nightly build here.
    3. Reboot into recovery and install.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.
    I'll keep this post updated as the Jelly Bean Google apps get updated! I'll upload to MF since it's more reliable and faster.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    -or-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wtsyoscljb82a0b

Updated gapps and mediafire link on 10-11-12
    New build is up! Seriously MAJOR kernel and driver update. Hardware VSYNC ("butter") is supported (not 100% optimal yet, Qualcomm is still pushing code out every morning). Big interactivity boost due to some performance work I did. Bugs fixed, A2DP is working, Trebuchet is in, LED is working properly....

Fixing the camera bugs is next on my list.

I don't recommend using a different kernel with this build. Over 250 patches have gone in, and no third-party kernel developers are up to speed yet.

This has basically consumed my entire life for the last week. Have fun :)
    Word is that the next build will be very buttery :)
    Still working hard on getting "butter". There is a nasty memory leak when this composition mode is used where ION buffers leak every time you switch apps. Very close though, next build will be soon.