[APP][2.2+] IPCast

Search This thread

stefanuc111

Aug 3, 2011
2e6bzgl.png
IPCast

Hi guys I've recently updated the old WifiQR that now is called IPCast and I've added some great features:

IPCast allows you to send, receive and stream content, without need*cables, in a simple and easy way. IPCast operate through any Wifi network and between any device that has a browser installed. In fact it does not require any client installation.

IPCast previous called WifiQR now include this features:

● Send and receive any file.

● Send your installed apps.

● Display photo in the browser.

● Stream music and video in the browser.

SoundBeam: To synchronize playback between devices (who said GroupPlay?). (Supported by Chrome Beta, Firefox, Opera).

● Create queues with video and audio file.

How to use it??

Simple: Select one or more files write the ip in the browser and finish .. downloads will begin automatically!

With this app you can now easily transfer trough any device that have a browser!!

Transfer file has never been so easy!

In addition IPCast allows you to send the link to send / receive through:

NFC: By simply bring the devices together (typically back to back) and then touch the screen.

QRCode: Using any QR code reader to scan the link or from IPCast built in reader.

Very Thank you to Will Verduzco for posting this app on XDA news page!

Edit: A new update with an help page and settings on the navigation drawer and some bugfix is rollying out

Pictures are better than words:

Bdha8JNBHveo0V-RCa4DgZ_2KUt2GDxX0ibN93HH4FLiEhpb-z0zkHBN1di_xgDdjpXA=h900-rw
TUqA7Q7WN84d_kFypf7DI1tYnYq5ptkeNbuo5KO9mPfQnYdwFHcOnIdtJTlzHMWAJQ=h900-rw

Dg2a6vzFgw-zuhb7f5P9Cbr4RPQGtp2s8ZULNLEOlb8f9rpwYkeLo1jaCHj3rCyQHzo=h900-rw
nVfYqeYnzkYjFFCXsu2jZ_ugQqr0wRF-_aPq4umqAz1Dnh8ESBNYe-9ZBXjdtwIIC-s=h900-rw

x62wUGlWvsSCCejKUotk2cRPQyLrG-iHb3C_yF-fqQqfXY_r5PD2ztT6hqS1p9y7MmPl=h900-rw
02Nx-3YXZhwS_1UC_f7P3qb740MUoFtvABmIDvQwFQJG9nIIrPvJO6N_cxf8uuGVuA=h900-rw

Oo6hFwT4_d2ghmXmH48pub6ZulJaupg4XuuMC4jqESPDAV067zlNv0RlHX88tvPEktA=h900-rw
122p2fk.png

2uzcl80.png
9a6yox.png

Last edited:

xtzi

Dec 14, 2013
How secure is it accessing information from the browser?
Can a device connected to the same network be a PC and not only a mobile device?
AirDroid was just ok and many features didn't work and now I ended up using ESfileExplorer to transfer files from my S4 to my PC.

adaportal

Nov 25, 2012
Ankara
Computer client would be very useful

Send from mobile device. Please excuse any typos. // Mobil cihazdan gönderilmiştir. Lüften yazım hataları için kusura bakmayınız.

(SM-N900)

adaportal

Nov 25, 2012
Ankara
From menu when I select App tap program stops responding and closes.
I'm on Dr.Ketons custom rom for Note3

Send from mobile device. Please excuse any typos. // Mobil cihazdan gönderilmiştir. Lüften yazım hataları için kusura bakmayınız.

(SM-N900)

dave2103

Jan 13, 2013
Manchester
Confused???

OK, I've installed it on Galaxy S3 Resurrection Remix ROM 5.1 but when I select a file, I just get an X at the top, doesn't seem to be any options where to send the file to?
I'm not dumb but it doesn't seem very intuitive? Maybe a quick tutorial would help?

stefanuc111

Aug 3, 2011
OK, I've installed it on Galaxy S3 Resurrection Remix ROM 5.1 but when I select a file, I just get an X at the top, doesn't seem to be any options where to send the file to?
I'm not dumb but it doesn't seem very intuitive? Maybe a quick tutorial would help?

Click in the notification will give you the ip link, in the next update will be more clear

Reactions: LuckOne79

stefanuc111

Aug 3, 2011
Can a device connected to the same network be a PC and not only a mobile device?
AirDroid was just ok and many features didn't work and now I ended up using ESfileExplorer to transfer files from my S4 to my PC.

1) Actually IPCast use http so it's better to transfer only on private network but in future I'think I will enable https. So will be secure also in public wifi hotspot .

2) Yes your device can be also a pc.(But at the moment client graphics is optimized for phone/tablet)

stefanuc111

Aug 3, 2011

From menu when I select App tap program stops responding and closes.
I'm on Dr.Ketons custom rom for Note3

(SM-N900)

I've already fixed this bug, so in the next update it will work. Thanks for sharing me this problem!

tyke28

Apr 8, 2011
Ok using Galaxy s4 and my laptop.Sent pics instantly from my phone to laptop once i had sussed out to type the ip code into my browser,Great work Thanks

This is great! I have tried many of this but nothing comes close to this app. Congratulations on a job well done.

1- The app can't access my SD Card. I can see an SD symbol at the top right but touching it goes to device's all directories display,
2-When I select a directory to download to the app is only showing device storage, again no SD Card is displayed so I can direct the D/L there.
3-Being a file explorer the app is not accessing root directory. Can this access be extended beyond that?

I am using Note I717, BeanStalk KK 4.4.2 Rom

Edit:
4-I have a second i717 JB stock rooted, app is loading and showing broadcasting but it's not communicating with my laptop nor my other Note phone. I changed the port to 8081 on both laptop and phone but no work still. I changed back 8080 but same results. Yes the KK phone ipcast is turned off. But I just can't get it to work on my JB phone. Any ideas?
Also the same 3 questions from above are the same for this phone as well.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2e6bzgl.png
    IPCast

Hi guys I've recently updated the old WifiQR that now is called IPCast and I've added some great features:

IPCast allows you to send, receive and stream content, without need*cables, in a simple and easy way. IPCast operate through any Wifi network and between any device that has a browser installed. In fact it does not require any client installation.

IPCast previous called WifiQR now include this features:

● Send and receive any file.

● Send your installed apps.

● Display photo in the browser.

● Stream music and video in the browser.

SoundBeam: To synchronize playback between devices (who said GroupPlay?). (Supported by Chrome Beta, Firefox, Opera).

● Create queues with video and audio file.

How to use it??

Simple: Select one or more files write the ip in the browser and finish .. downloads will begin automatically!

With this app you can now easily transfer trough any device that have a browser!!

Transfer file has never been so easy!

In addition IPCast allows you to send the link to send / receive through:

NFC: By simply bring the devices together (typically back to back) and then touch the screen.

QRCode: Using any QR code reader to scan the link or from IPCast built in reader.

Very Thank you to Will Verduzco for posting this app on XDA news page!

Edit: A new update with an help page and settings on the navigation drawer and some bugfix is rollying out

Pictures are better than words:

Bdha8JNBHveo0V-RCa4DgZ_2KUt2GDxX0ibN93HH4FLiEhpb-z0zkHBN1di_xgDdjpXA=h900-rw
    TUqA7Q7WN84d_kFypf7DI1tYnYq5ptkeNbuo5KO9mPfQnYdwFHcOnIdtJTlzHMWAJQ=h900-rw

Dg2a6vzFgw-zuhb7f5P9Cbr4RPQGtp2s8ZULNLEOlb8f9rpwYkeLo1jaCHj3rCyQHzo=h900-rw
    nVfYqeYnzkYjFFCXsu2jZ_ugQqr0wRF-_aPq4umqAz1Dnh8ESBNYe-9ZBXjdtwIIC-s=h900-rw

x62wUGlWvsSCCejKUotk2cRPQyLrG-iHb3C_yF-fqQqfXY_r5PD2ztT6hqS1p9y7MmPl=h900-rw
    02Nx-3YXZhwS_1UC_f7P3qb740MUoFtvABmIDvQwFQJG9nIIrPvJO6N_cxf8uuGVuA=h900-rw

Oo6hFwT4_d2ghmXmH48pub6ZulJaupg4XuuMC4jqESPDAV067zlNv0RlHX88tvPEktA=h900-rw
    122p2fk.png

2uzcl80.png
    9a6yox.png

Click in the notification will give you the ip link, in the next update will be more clear
    is it possible to create a wifi hotsport using an android device, have other devices connect to the created hotspot and share files from the host device?

Yes, you can directly create an hotspot on the host itself.
    Direct Download Link

please remember not everyone has access to the playstore, it will be better if you could post a direct download link over here or mirror from the play store.
    please remember not everyone has access to the playstore, it will be better if you could post a direct download link over here or mirror from the play store.

I don't either, I use Evozi. Works on PC or device.