SW3

Search This thread

kill_dano

Oct 25, 2007
http://9to5google.com/2014/08/30/an...h-curved-e-ink-display-launching-at-ifa-2014/

Dear god please don't make SW3 Android Wear. I think they are releasing two versions. The previous black leaked pic had the same looking watch, but clearly had the standard SW2 watchface, which suggests it's running Sony's custom os. Also IDK why all these stupid companies keep proclaiming that SW2 runs a skinned version of android. All it takes is a peak at wikipedia if you are not sure.

Oh good, apparently that white picture is just a render that someone made, not another leak, that that Android Wear screen is just someone guessing.

I really doubt this watch will run android wear. There is a reason no one is using a screen like the sunlight readable SW2 screen in Android Wear. There is probably a technical reason. Sony would probably have to get a more standard android phone screen like Oled, and I really don't see them downgrading like that, not to mention the 3x shorter battery life.

Last edited:

Trespassing

Jun 5, 2012
Taunusstein
Some months ago Sony told they won't use Wear for SW3. I'm sure they won't. On the other side, Sony should really work for getting more developers focused on Sony OS because to give Sony SW3 a good base for existence besides Android Wear and Tizen. Actually I'm feeling bored of my SW2 because there are missing so much good extensions which are already done for Android Wear.

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
Some months ago Sony told they won't use Wear for SW3. I'm sure they won't. On the other side, Sony should really work for getting more developers focused on Sony OS because to give Sony SW3 a good base for existence besides Android Wear and Tizen. Actually I'm feeling bored of my SW2 because there are missing so much good extensions which are already done for Android Wear.
What other extensions would be worthwhile on the Sony SmartWatch 2 /3? I get by on what's currently available and haven't felt the need for much else.

SAUD X

Apr 25, 2014
Don't like the Idea of a non-switchable watch-strap. If this is going to be the real thing, then my next Smartwatch will be an Android-wear watch with changeable watchstrap.

If it's not removable it's probably because the band has smart components in it. Maybe a HR monitor. The forced rubber band might point to it being a mix of smartwatch and smartband. I'm hype.

+1

thats why I bought SW2

Reactions: adrianmignogna

kill_dano

Oct 25, 2007
What other extensions would be worthwhile on the Sony SmartWatch 2 /3? I get by on what's currently available and haven't felt the need for much else.

Basically IMO what we really need is SDK access for apps to be able to run directly from the watch. That's the biggest problem with the SW2. All apps that what to do more than send you notifications need to run on the android phone and only send images to the watch, and this is whats responsible for the watch being very laggy with 3rd party apps.

2dorr

Jan 15, 2007
Bucharest
To be honest I am shocked of how the SW3 will look. So SW2 is one of the most beautiful square smart watch, and they "upgrade" it with a Samsung Gear look, a plastic body and non removable strap...

Reactions: adrianmignogna

adrianmignogna

Smart Warch 3 now official!

smartwatch3ifa.jpg

- Android Wear
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor
- 1.6-inch screen
- 4GB storage
- 512MB ram
- NFC
- GPS
- 420mAh battery (should last 2 days)
- IP68

Price: 230 € / comming this fall

EDIT: Watchstrap is removable, but can only be replaced with proprietary ones from Sony. No Universal Standard here.

Remember the time, Sony said they won't jump on the Android Wear - Train? They would have put too much effort in making their proprietary System perfect, they said...
And what's that sh*t with the non-removable strap? My next Smart Watch: Definitely not this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: superheroe

ruggs1234

Nov 17, 2011
How very sad they have jumped to Android Wear. I love the Smartwatch 2 and the way it works but this new watch is definately not for me.

Now I need to go and buy another Smartwatch 2 as a spare....

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
very boring looking watch and no replaceable bands, nope, don't want it

either the G Watch R or the Moto 360, waiting for reviews first though

AlexOB1

Jun 4, 2013
What a disappointment, a generic Android Wear device.

I wonder if details will ever leak of the true successor to the SmartWatch 2 that Sony had in the works.

Or even if they'll release any of the new developed software for us SW2 owners. Although I very much doubt that.....

SW2, end of the line. Yet another dead OS!

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
I was also disappointed to see what the SmartWatch 3 looked like. No heart rate sensor either. No key differentiating factors. Sorry Sony but this time my money's going towards the Motorola 360 or LG G watch R.

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
that's OK, if I will need to start over I will opt for the Moto 360 or LG instead of SW3.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts