[Q] Keyboard force close after delete some files

Search This thread

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
I delete some files from /system/app related to sony stock keyboard.

Could anyone write me full list of files related to sony stock keyboard, because now my keyboard is force closes every time when i open it...

I delete ExternalKeyboardJP, JapaneseIME, POBoxSknMono, POBoxSknSelector, textinput-chn (.apk and .odex, of course), but when i restore thise files to system/app my keyboard still crash... Maybe i delete something more and forgot about it.

Please help me...:confused:

Z1C .114(UK) stock 4.3 odexed.

Last edited:

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
If you have restored the files..do check the permission(r-r-r-w) with them..and reboot your phone..

Hit Thanks if I helped you..
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

It doesn't help me. I return all files related to keyboard, but they still crash. I think i delete something else which can happen this.
Maybe anyone know what can cause this?

varunpilankar

Jul 8, 2012
Sony Xperia SP
Moto X
Either you've to reinstall the firmware again or else use some third party keyboard.. But it's strange that permission change didn't help you..

Hit Thanks if I helped you.. :);)

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Strange enough! Have you tried to let a customer care expert to see it? Mayge he figures out what to do next

What is Customer Care is? Sony staff?
If yes, what can i say them? I unlocked bootloader, delete some "unncessary" stuff from /system, and omg, my keyboard is crashing anytime when i use it. What i'm doing wrong?!!?? :D

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
What is Customer Care is? Sony staff?
If yes, what can i say them? I unlocked bootloader, delete some "unncessary" stuff from /system, and omg, my keyboard is crashing anytime when i use it. What i'm doing wrong?!!?? :D

Reflash the firmware. And take this as a lesson: never delete something from /system if you don't know exactly what it is. Rename it to something like *.apk.old and delete it after you made sure that everything is still working and you really don't need it.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Reflash the firmware. And take this as a lesson: never delete something from /system if you don't know exactly what it is. Rename it to something like *.apk.old and delete it after you made sure that everything is still working and you really don't need it.

I delete the same files on my Xperia Z. And everything is working fine.
So i don't know the reason why it crashes on Z1C.

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
I delete the same files on my Xperia Z. And everything is working fine.
So i don't know the reason why it crashes on Z1C.

Maybe you deleted something else. You can also download this file from step 6 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642081
Then unpack it. Inside you will find a file system.tgz, unpack that too and then you will have system/apps where you can compare which files are missing on your phone.

Random Username

Jan 7, 2013
I have the same problem, but not even a factory reset solved it! Well, I might as well get a better keyboard ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have restored the files..do check the permission(r-r-r-w) with them..and reboot your phone..

Hit Thanks if I helped you..