[ROM][CWM] Stock Deodexed KJ2 w/Root [11/1/11] - PDT

Search This thread

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
This is a Stock ROM for the KJ2 update that we never officially received. Its Deodexed and Rooted with the Modified recovery inside already, so you can use CWM.

Everything is Stock KJ2. The Kernel and Modem and everything else is untouched. Just rooted with the modded recovery, and deodexed.

Same install Method. Check mounts and remember to disable voodoo if you have it enabled or you'll soft brick (Remember this has a Stock Kernel!).

Stock KJ2-DEO-ROOTED

Last edited:
G

GuestK0045

What's the dif in the other stocl roms?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
What's the dif in the other stocl roms?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

There may be various bug fixes, but there wont be anything MAJOR compared to the other stock ROMs. They are auto compiled and they dont give us a list of whats been addressed or not. You can try them out to see if you notice a difference, or if your happy with what you have keep it. Remember you can always make a backup and restore.

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Are u kidding me? :( how did I miss this. Crap. @ayoteddy where did you find the untouched stock version so I can get to deodexing another new base for my newest update.

Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using xda premium

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Are u kidding me? :( how did I miss this. Crap. @ayoteddy where did you find the untouched stock version so I can get to deodexing another new base for my newest update.

Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using xda premium

yea i used the links in one of the threads xtrem88 posted

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
There aren't any real new features to this version, there's some bugfixes (undisclosed, as it is a dev build), and some random new bloat widgets/apps.

ged92781

Mar 8, 2007
There aren't any real new features to this version, there's some bugfixes (undisclosed, as it is a dev build), and some random new bloat widgets/apps.

Still, cut the fat, keep the meat of the ROM. This phone (like most of them) runs really well when you tear out the garbage that Samsung/T-Mobile preloaded on it. I've been playing with Undead9k's KG2-based ROM the past few days and removed even more stuff from the ROM (and added a couple of things I wanted) and it finally 'feels' like the old Sidekicks did. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from us having this update. :)

jcsww

Got this flashed last night after some stupidity on my part. :D Thanks teddy for uping this! If you ever decide to release a bare bones version of this, I'd greatly appreciate it as I hate debloating ROM's. No T-Mobile stuff, no Amazon MP3, Books, and most of the Google crap (all but GMail, Marketplace, and Maps) removed.

jcsww

Since install, this ROM hasn't bogged down on me at all. I only seem to have two small issues with it but if they could be eliminated, this would be a perfect stock ROM. After being plugged in to USB for a long period of charging, the phone can't play my custom ringtones. A reboot fixes this. The ringtone still shows there and the MicroSD is still mounted after being disconnected but even trying to reselect the same ringtone or another from the SD card just gives silence. Second issue is, heavy traffic causes data to fail. I can consistantly replicate this using Shazam to find song information. This does happen, as I said, only when the device is sending and receiving a lot of data. I'm going to try a different radio to see if this fixes that.

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
This is a literal stock rom, as being straight from Samsung, not just being in the design of stock. The only difference this has from stock is that it's deodexed and rooted, it's intended to be a base for those who like the stock system but want to be able to theme/mod it.

Top Liked Posts