[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7.2 (9th June, 2012)

Search This thread

agocs

Jan 26, 2007
Wifi problem

Hello guys,

I put 7.2RC1 on my Legend, and everything seems to be cool, only it seems, that it cannot connect to wifi networks, with hidden SSIDs. Does anyone have same experiences? I have tried it with radio 7.08.35.21 and 7.13.35.13. The SSID shows up between the found networks, but only for a second, than it disappears for a few seconds (says it's not in range), than shows up again, and so on.. :confused:

Drives me crazy :mad:

Oops...

Sep 6, 2010
... with hidden SSIDs ...The SSID shows up between the found networks, but only for a second, than it disappears for a few seconds (says it's not in range), than shows up again ...

So what actually do you expect as correct behaviour? Shown in the list, or hidden? Do you expect security improvements using hidden SSID - it's definitely not. In general, hiding the SSID is not recommended (just google that topic).

As posted right above - you will have to add it manually.

Just my 2 cents :)

agocs

Jan 26, 2007
So what actually do you expect as correct behaviour? Shown in the list, or hidden? Do you expect security improvements using hidden SSID - it's definitely not. In general, hiding the SSID is not recommended (just google that topic).

As posted right above - you will have to add it manually.

Just my 2 cents :)

Ah.. Of course I've added it manually. In other ways how would it even show up in the list?
I had no problem with hidden networks with my stock ROM. I just switched to Cyanogenmod. And I can't connect to these networks anymore.
(I'm not expecting security improvements, but I'm not the one who's managing these networks, so I have no choice.)

Oops...

Sep 6, 2010
Kot_Ik,
sounds like we will arrive at CM7.2 release soon. Hopefully you continue your work here even after that ;)

wim69

Jan 20, 2010
LineageOS
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I agree with Oops. Tried CM9 a few days ago after CM7.1. But camera issues and screen lock at incoming call made me try this ROM. I am using the latest nightly with no problems.

I am happy with my Legend :)

Thanks to Kot_Ik

Top Liked Posts