Nexus 5 skins with screen protector?

Search This thread

derukun

Jul 25, 2012
I currently have a Nillkin tempered glass screen protector.

Kind of tired of a case (since I almost drop my phone anyway) and am wondering if I could get a skin for my nexus.

Only problem being the fact that I'm pretty sure I can't apply the skin on top of the skin. But what will become of my nillkin? How will I protect my screen if I have a skin on the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Usexy

Jan 14, 2010
I have the same protector and dbrand allow you to order a skin for the back and sides only. Which is what I'm using at the moment :)

2014_04_15_23_27_24.jpg
2014_04_15_23_26_43.jpg

Last edited:

slickwraps

Dec 1, 2013
Andover
slickwraps.com
I currently have a Nillkin tempered glass screen protector.

Kind of tired of a case (since I almost drop my phone anyway) and am wondering if I could get a skin for my nexus.

Only problem being the fact that I'm pretty sure I can't apply the skin on top of the skin. But what will become of my nillkin? How will I protect my screen if I have a skin on the phone?

Hello,

Lot's of people have installed SW onto Temper Protectors ranging from .40mm to the thinnest at .10mm. The key is of course to take your time and apply it as instructed. Slickwraps are very forgiving, however it does help to get it right the first time. :)

As a second option all Slickwraps come with an XD screen protector that fits in the middle of the wrap, thus adding that screen protection.

Always feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Weston
Slickwraps.com

derukun

Jul 25, 2012
I want the front white though, never liked the whole white on back but black everywhere else design that Google had, it looks ridiculous. All I want is an all white Nexus 5. (Nexus 4 had tempered glass protectors with the bezel areas white, but it seems that doesn't exist for N5).

Interesting Weston, I might give it a try then. If only that XD protector was tempered glass.