Seidio OBEX Note 3 Case - Now Shipping!!

Search This thread

tdd2

Oct 10, 2013
On my list!!

The Note 3 does everything I could ask for, but Sammi dropped the ball by not making it at the least, water resistant. The S4 Active showed that they could have, and the new S5 is rumored to come standard with IP67 (3' for 30 minutes)

I won't likely upgrade to the Note 4 - I can't see it having anything that spectacular over the 3, so a good protective case that adds true water/dust protection would be perfect.

My only concern with the OBEX is the clear screen protection material they choose to use - most plastic screen protectors are poor at best, and get progressively worse over a very short period of time . . .

Cheers'

Dan

gottria

Jun 12, 2008
Castro Valley,CA
Never used an Obex case but a big fan of Seido. How does the obex cases compare to the Otter box defender as far as bulk? I know the obex is an all weather case.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mustangnismo

Jun 25, 2011
Never used an Obex case but a big fan of Seido. How does the obex cases compare to the Otter box defender as far as bulk? I know the obex is an all weather case.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I had both for my S3. I'd say they both add a considerable amount of bulk but it looks as if Seidio cut back a little for the Note's model based on the pictures, but of course I could be wrong. I think Seidio was a little more bulkier than the Otterbox, though. I feel its justified due to the simple fact that the Otterbox merely covers ports while Seidio has to ensure they're weather proof as well. In any case, I'm constantly refreshing the Seidio page daily waiting for the release. Must be getting close because they added 6 more pictures about 2 days ago.

I will say with the Seidio case I had more complaints about people being able to hear me clearly on the phone and it muffled the sound a bit on the ear piece, too so I resorted to bluetooth for calls. It seems that the longer my S3 was in the Seidio case, the farther away if got from the screen (mere milometers, I'm sure) but it did effect the responsiveness of the touchscreen. When you first put it in it was pretty responsive but still not as good as a stock screen. I'd love for them to release a model similar to the nude Lifeproof case for the S3... which I saw today they are now selling at Walmart.

Reactions: K1riyama

Fendulon

Sep 21, 2010
I actually really like the look of this case. A little pricey, but it has my interest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

Random Select

Mar 25, 2010
The OBEX for the iPhone 5 was terrible (audio and earpiece issues and the flimsy port covers was a total letdown). I'd stay away from the OBEX line and hope Otterbox creates one for the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Chillout2010

Mar 28, 2011
I really want this case since I work in a milk factory and routinely get my uniforms wet. I'd really like a white color option though as the black isn't my preference for my white note.

MJC

mustangnismo

Jun 25, 2011
Spoke with Seidio today. Their exact words... "I believe it's coming out next week possibly." Hope so.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Mickey Padge

Sep 17, 2012
If the cheap Chinese cases can have gorilla glass, why not this case? Seriously the plastic screen cover with 4H rating will get scratched to bits, for $80 I expected better materials.....

noobmaster

Mar 2, 2012
Definitely want one but the price is an absolute killer.

Is there any chance of the price going down? Maybe after it starts selling on Amazon? I would get it if it's in the $50~$60 range, but $80 is an overkill.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
If the cheap Chinese cases can have gorilla glass, why not this case? Seriously the plastic screen cover with 4H rating will get scratched to bits, for $80 I expected better materials.....

Because it would heavily interfere with the S-Pen. And those Chinese cases have tempered glass or just glass. Corning really only deals with the Big guys where they will make the most money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mickey Padge

Sep 17, 2012
Because it would heavily interfere with the S-Pen. And those Chinese cases have tempered glass or just glass. Corning really only deals with the Big guys where they will make the most money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Chinese case had tempered glass by corning, and all touch and pen functions worked as they should, just needed to turn on high touch sensitivity.....

Even non corning tempered glass would be better than the soft plastic they are using here, 4H scratch resistant? Very poor, and for $80? No thanks! :p

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
High touch sensitivity drains battery faster. Shouldn't have to turn it on. Also, you are purchasing a waterproof case, not a crappy plastic screen protector. A whole case and holster clip if I am not mistaken.

If it lives up to its quality and name, 80 is well worth it.

Also, if you Crack a glass screen protector on a waterproof case... Guess what happens... It's no longer water proof.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mickey Padge

Sep 17, 2012
High touch sensitivity drains battery faster. Shouldn't have to turn it on. Also, you are purchasing a waterproof case, not a crappy plastic screen protector. A whole case and holster clip if I am not mistaken.

If it lives up to its quality and name, 80 is well worth it.

Also, if you Crack a glass screen protector on a waterproof case... Guess what happens... It's no longer water proof.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Haven't noticed a significant drop in battery power with high sensitivity on, and decent glass protectors will have layers embedded within them, so it's not inconceivable that it would be able to hold its waterproofing if broken, plastic punctures easily too....

They could have used something better than 4H plastic is all I'm saying, especially at the price point they want. I wish lifeproof made a case for the note 3, I'm sure one of their designs left the screen bare but was still waterproof!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Members, either post your issues in proper format abiding by the Forum Rules, or PM the OP...but profanity and this conduct will not be allowed. Thread Cleaned.
    Here is a 15% off code for those looking for a bit of a price break, it will bring the price down to $67.96

Android15

I think the reason they don't use glass is because the glass can break and they claim the case is good for 6' drops.
    My case will be here this afternoon, I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can.

Disregard the pics, I'm not going to bother, I'm sending it back for a refund. The screen protector has fine scratches on it along with a couple of small smudges that look like glue and the proximity sensor stops working as soon as I put it in the case. If I take it out it works fine.
    Just a heads up that the Seidio OBEX cases will supposedly be available before the end of March.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSWSSGT3-BR
    For 80 bucks I'm expecting a lot.

A WHOLE LOT.