Kingo Root Repeatedly Failing

Search This thread

tannerrblake

May 16, 2013
I've tried using Kingo to root my Verizon Note 3 multiple times, and nothing I've tried has worked. I've used different cables, different computers (Win 7/8), made sure USB debugging was on, unchecked verify apps via USB, etc etc. Anybody have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it, as this is getting really frustrating.

Grifftology

Jan 14, 2013
I'm trying to find a way to root my device as well and from what I've read the latest OTA from Verizon may have thrown quite a stick in the spokes of trying to get this beast rooted. Not sure, still digging for info...but that may be why you are having troubles? If you find a way, let me know eh? :)

tannerrblake

May 16, 2013
I remember reading something about that too. Maybe the eventual update to KK will bring about new methods. I'll let you know if I find something, and expect the same from you. ;)

Takinato

Jul 8, 2012
So I couldn't get kingo to work and vroot worked fine

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
So I couldn't get kingo to work and vroot worked fine

Verizon pushed a security policy update out post MJE that I'm investigating. It's pushed silently and disables the option to disable automatic policy updates. It disabled Kingo but vroot still works.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I did recently root my Verizon N3 using Kingo, about 2 weeks ago if that. I did use USB 3.0 so idk if that made a difference or not? It did fail the 1st 2 or 3 times but then went through. I was on MJE before rooting too.

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
Tried for a week and found the problem. Kingo 1.2 has an error in one of the scripts. You need to download 1.1.8 and it works flawlessly. Had my phone rooted and safestrap recovery up and running in less than 3 min.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

e30bimmer89

Feb 11, 2009
Tried for a week and found the problem. Kingo 1.2 has an error in one of the scripts. You need to download 1.1.8 and it works flawlessly. Had my phone rooted and safestrap recovery up and running in less than 3 min.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

Duuuuuude! You seriously just made my day. I downloaded 1.1.8 and it worked like a charm. I have been racking my head for a few days now trying to figure this out. :good: