[Q] phone stuck at htc boot page! pls help!

Search This thread

tekkr

Sep 25, 2012
firstly i want to say im using a macbook, so when going through my unlock/root procedure i was using terminal...
I unlocked and rooted my htc one x yesterday following the instructions on this youtube video ****http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3VbFJIwWU****
It went well however afterwards i went to Rom-manager and tried to flash a stable cyanogenmod build.
The rom was faulty though. it didnt recognise my simcard. its wifi didnt work. and my phone stopped being recognised by my computer's device drivers.
in order to fix this i was told to flash the boot.img
Now my phone will only boot to the htc boot page and freeze here.
I can still put my phone into bootloader mode, and recovery mode so i think i can still save my phone but i just need simple instructions. Because my macbook htc drivers dont recognise the phone, i have no idea what to do and i need very simple instructions...I've been told a lot of times today to just download things and flash things, but when the phone WONT pair with my computer i am lost.

my htc one x is unlocked and the first line of bootloader says ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL

pls pls help.

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
firstly i want to say im using a macbook, so when going through my unlock/root procedure i was using terminal...
I unlocked and rooted my htc one x yesterday following the instructions on this youtube video ****http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3VbFJIwWU****
It went well however afterwards i went to Rom-manager and tried to flash a stable cyanogenmod build.
The rom was faulty though. it didnt recognise my simcard. its wifi didnt work. and my phone stopped being recognised by my computer's device drivers.
I can still put my phone into bootloader mode, and recovery mode so i think i can still save my phone but i just need simple instructions. Because my macbook htc drivers dont recognise the phone, i have no idea what to do and i need very simple instructions...I've been told a lot of times today to just download things and flash things, but when the phone WONT pair with my computer i am lost.

my htc one x is unlocked and the first line of bootloader says ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL

pls pls help.

Don't open new thread I answare on your question.
And now again:

1. Install Philz 5.15.x recovery fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img
2. Go in bootloader after this choice Recovery mount your SD Card have menu in recovery and you will see your sd card on the computer
3. copy your rom to SD card
4. Unmount the SD Card, WIPE data,system and dalvik cache and install your rom from recovery
5. Restart the phone again in bootloader
6. flash the boot.img with command fastboot-mac flash boot boot.img
7. run the command fastboot-mac erase cache
8. Only restart the phone
9. DON'T DO FACTORY RESET ON CUSTOM ROM

The fastboot-mac is from my zip where you downloaded!

Like @Mr Hofs say something really smart READING IS A GIFT

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Hofs

tekkr

Sep 25, 2012
i have raised my problem on various threads on xda and am yet to find a solution. People have been very helpful but seem to overlook the fact my phone is not being recognised by the drivers on the computer. Yes, i can manipulate the phone through terminal which allows me to copy the recovery.img to the phone, but even when i go into recovery and mount the sd card nothing indicates it's a driver on my mac OS. so therefore can not place a working rom onto the phone. this has been my problem all along, if i could find a way to physically place a rom onto the phone I'm sure i could fix this. i dropped the phone into a shop sometime last week who sent it off to htc, but as i suspected they've sent it back seeing as the bootloader is unlocked and thus the warranty void. If anyone has any clue how to get a rom onto my phone using terminal commands could they post the process here. or any other ideas for getting the rom onto a phone that wont open htc sync manager or the program 'android file transfer' or seem to even allow me to mount the sd......

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
i have raised my problem on various threads on xda and am yet to find a solution. People have been very helpful but seem to overlook the fact my phone is not being recognised by the drivers on the computer. Yes, i can manipulate the phone through terminal which allows me to copy the recovery.img to the phone, but even when i go into recovery and mount the sd card nothing indicates it's a driver on my mac OS. so therefore can not place a working rom onto the phone. this has been my problem all along, if i could find a way to physically place a rom onto the phone I'm sure i could fix this. i dropped the phone into a shop sometime last week who sent it off to htc, but as i suspected they've sent it back seeing as the bootloader is unlocked and thus the warranty void. If anyone has any clue how to get a rom onto my phone using terminal commands could they post the process here. or any other ideas for getting the rom onto a phone that wont open htc sync manager or the program 'android file transfer' or seem to even allow me to mount the sd......

Try with other PC wit XP or W7 and install what you want

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

pls pls help.

Don't open new thread I answare on your question.
    And now again:

1. Install Philz 5.15.x recovery fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img
    2. Go in bootloader after this choice Recovery mount your SD Card have menu in recovery and you will see your sd card on the computer
    3. copy your rom to SD card
    4. Unmount the SD Card, WIPE data,system and dalvik cache and install your rom from recovery
    5. Restart the phone again in bootloader
    6. flash the boot.img with command fastboot-mac flash boot boot.img
    7. run the command fastboot-mac erase cache
    8. Only restart the phone
    9. DON'T DO FACTORY RESET ON CUSTOM ROM

The fastboot-mac is from my zip where you downloaded!

Like @Mr Hofs say something really smart READING IS A GIFT