[Q] What can i wipe without losing my nandroid backups?

Search This thread

sansari123

Jan 30, 2013
I have searched online, and there is no definative reliable content on what portions of memory I can delete safely without loosing the nandroid backup. What I mean is, I have TWRP on my handset. Aside from the factory reset option, what else can I wipe? I am asking because I built a Cyanogenmod unofficial image, and flashed my handset with it. The phone booted ok; I got an error about NFC service stopping. So I restored the phone back to a previous nandroid image. I then, tried to install my image again. This time the phone goes into download mode. I think I saw something online about how doing advanced clean would fix this. So when I log into TWRP I have the following options:
Davlic Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache, and Micro SDcard. How can I know where my nandroid backups reside so I can avoid clearing that portion?

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
I have searched online, and there is no definative reliable content on what portions of memory I can delete safely without loosing the nandroid backup. What I mean is, I have TWRP on my handset. Aside from the factory reset option, what else can I wipe? I am asking because I built a Cyanogenmod unofficial image, and flashed my handset with it. The phone booted ok; I got an error about NFC service stopping. So I restored the phone back to a previous nandroid image. I then, tried to install my image again. This time the phone goes into download mode. I think I saw something online about how doing advanced clean would fix this. So when I log into TWRP I have the following options:
Davlic Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache, and Micro SDcard. How can I know where my nandroid backups reside so I can avoid clearing that portion?

By default nandroid backup is on internal storage but you can choose to save it on sd card as well. Tap on the top box/menu after you enter restore menu. If you choose sd card and twrp shows no backup then the backup is on internal storage. Explore a bit mate.
Or use file explorer check twrp folder in both storage. There should be subfolder of 'backup' in it.
You don't need factory reset. And just choose wipe cache/dalvik/system/data to install new rom/restore nandroid backup