[APP] Change Start Menu Icons (CSMI) v1.4b - UPDATED 17/01/2010

Search This thread

dinik

Sep 6, 2008
What do you think if we open a new thread for icons sharing??
Or we can use this one if you prefer....

i have created some new 128x128 icons...and more will folow ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248

allicons.jpg

Eraser85

Sep 1, 2004
sorry guys I promised to release 1.2 on Nov. 28th but I had so many things to do (University, work, etc..) and I wasn't able to update the program. There will be an update today, so just gimme a little more time :) Thanks everybody!

barbapappa_86

Nov 11, 2008
Umeå
I cant change the icon on the Taskmanager. Its name is TaskMgr when i set it in start menu, but its called "Aktivetetshanderaren" in ure app. Any idea how to fix this? I guess thats the name is the issue.

EDIT: Solved it!

Last edited:

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Really love the app but one thing which would be great would be instead of a list of programs and icons change it so we see the actual png instead.

This will make it much easier to pick an icon as you can see the actual png rather than the filename.

thommic

Jun 20, 2006
FFM
Really love the app but one thing which would be great would be instead of a list of programs and icons change it so we see the actual png instead.

This will make it much easier to pick an icon as you can see the actual png rather than the filename.

Agree with that. Maybe a little preview by taping the name of the png would be already good enough.

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Am I only having problems with this ? I have installed the application, but there is no shortcut in the start menu so I can`t even start it ?!
Any help ???

Eraser85

Sep 1, 2004
Application has been updated. Nicer icon and refreshes automatically htc cache! Now you just need to change any app icon in CSMI and then remove and re-add the link in the homescren :)

Eraser85:
Thanks for the great work ~ this app rocks !make my start menu looks so much better
[REQ] - Different language WM support? as I am on Chinese WM, it seems like it's loading the "SETTINGS" folder icon only for the WWE WM. wonder if it's possible to load the path from the WM Registry so it will work on all languages?

padibuz

Aug 20, 2008
Hey m8, thanks for the great app, I love it.

I have 2 problems with it, however, persistent through both v1.1 and v1.2
The "Camera" and "Music" icons DO NOT update no matter what I do.
Remove / re-add, soft reset, everything.
The weird thing is I have no problems with other icons; also, they aren't cached in application data / htc.

Any thoughts ?

Eraser85

Sep 1, 2004
Eraser85:
Thanks for the great work ~ this app rocks !make my start menu looks so much better
[REQ] - Different language WM support? as I am on Chinese WM, it seems like it's loading the "SETTINGS" folder icon only for the WWE WM. wonder if it's possible to load the path from the WM Registry so it will work on all languages?

Hi!

My application actually doesn't have any localization bits since it simply relies on the registry entries.. I will take a look into this.

Could you please give me some infos?
If you go into your registry folder named "\\HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\", could you tell me what's the name for "Settings" folder? I dont think those items get localized but I've never worked with different language ROMs..

Eraser85

Sep 1, 2004
Hey m8, thanks for the great app, I love it.

I have 2 problems with it, however, persistent through both v1.1 and v1.2
The "Camera" and "Music" icons DO NOT update no matter what I do.
Remove / re-add, soft reset, everything.
The weird thing is I have no problems with other icons; also, they aren't cached in application data / htc.

Any thoughts ?

Camera and Music are no different from the other icons. The only way you have to make sure everything is ok is using a registry editor, go to "\\HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\" and check manually the value "Icon" in each regkey element (Music and Camera) to what icon is currently pointing at.

If you just can't get it to work, delete manually the value "Icon" from both elements, remove links from the homescreen, make sure HTC cache is clear and finally use CSMI to apply new icons to them. Soft-reset and re-add those elements to the homescreen.