How to recover sdcard data?

Search This thread

nasdriver

Mar 3, 2012
Amsterdam
Hi folks,

I got this 16G sdcard that from one day to another it stopped being recognized saying "blank card or has unsupported file system"

Besides the data, I had some applications installed on it.

I did tried to recover with a software, but even the software only can recognize space is occupied, but can't see it.

Anyone have any possible tip to share?

Thanks

denis.rosas

Sep 21, 2013
You can try GetDataBack application

Once I accidentally deleted many fotos from my camera sd card.

To recover it i used GetDataBack windows application. With the free version you can search your sd card and see what files it can find. It found all my photos at the time.

But at the moment you press the recover button, it requires you to buy it for 80 dollars :'(
I suggest you to download the GetDataBack FAT version and see if it can find your files.

If it works, then you have to decide if you'll buy it or not. After recovering the files, the file names were all wrong. But at least i got to save my pictures

Hope this helps you.

Hi folks,

I got this 16G sdcard that from one day to another it stopped being recognized saying "blank card or has unsupported file system"

I did tried to recover with a software, but even the software only can recognize space is occupied, but can't see it.

Thanks

faerietree

Sep 22, 2013
On Unix/GNU/Linux or whatever you call it, you can press CTRL+H to show hidden files, then there usually appears .recovery or .lost or similar where the deleted files are stored.

If not try this search for a lost data recovery Android app:
google. de/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=recover+deleted+data+android+app&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=xVA-UuWtBom10wWjrIHQBA

Or use one of these Open Source programs:
  • cgsecurity. org/wiki/PhotoRec
  • kickassundelete.sourceforge. net
  • zdnet. com/blog/digitalcameras/how-to-recover-deleted-photos-from-your-sd-card/1102
  • boards.straightdope. com/sdmb/showthread.php%3Ft%3D395724

Hope this helps a bit.

[delete spaces in links - i have no permission for external links currently]

colinpaul

Sep 12, 2013
The same kind of issue i have faced few month's ago i hve lost all my data like images, songs etc from my digital camera memory card & i am very worry then one of my friend suggest me try Recoveryfix for windows and i am using the software you know it's amazing friend's all my pictures, video recording etc are recovered.

snmatias

Oct 1, 2013
GetDataBack

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

or MiniTool Power Data Recovery

Recuva!

Recuva is a great option. I've never used it to recover data from an SD card, but I HAVE used it successfully to recover date from my Windows machine when the hard drive crashed and all my data was deleted, and it has the ability to recover SD cards. This product, unlike some of those already suggested that are only free to download and analyze your system, is TOTALLY free.

video: youtube. com/watch?v=jPuy6SnXZq4
download: piriform. com/recuva/download

Please delete the space in the above links to follow. I'm too new on XDA to post links yet apparently!

Hope this helps!

David Parkar

Sep 6, 2013
I think you should try better recovery software like Remo Recover. It may help you to recover your data from SD card if it is not overwritten.

supadoggie

Jan 3, 2007
Recuva works great on SD cards as well. I second using this.

I recommend using it over EASEUS Data Recovery. With Recuva it can restore original file name and path and tells you if the file has is in good condition to restore or has been overwritten by other data.

Last edited:

D-J Mutant

Dec 17, 2013
Hi folks,

Thanks

This is a serious problem. I think when you have lost some data from the SD card the only solution is to go to the manufacturer or to the shop where you bought it and ask for repair. There is way to repair the data as I know but you need to be very experienced, so you have to get support.

Reactions: niranxda

Ronald Methew

Dec 19, 2013
Have you lost your data from SD card? Do need to worry there is a tool which is known as Remo Recover which can easily assist you to get back data from your SD card.

Reactions: niranxda

niranxda

Jun 1, 2012
I will try it. Sandisk provider ingram is not replacing my sd card. Unfortunately i bought it from snapdeal. I didnt got an invoice. Ingram is asking invoice for the replacement. I have the cover and sd card
:confused:

Sent from my SM-E700H using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

Thanks

This is a serious problem. I think when you have lost some data from the SD card the only solution is to go to the manufacturer or to the shop where you bought it and ask for repair. There is way to repair the data as I know but you need to be very experienced, so you have to get support.
    Have you lost your data from SD card? Do need to worry there is a tool which is known as Remo Recover which can easily assist you to get back data from your SD card.