[Q] Need help please!

Search This thread

cloverbits

Jan 12, 2014
I'm sorry for making this thread but i can't seem to find what im troubled for. And im pretty much a NOOB regarding this thing.. so please be understanding.. i have a samsung s4 sgh-i337 running mf3 4.2.2 (rooted) lately charging it took a lot of hours it took me 8 hours just to charge it from 5% to 100% i already closed all the background apps, wifi off, screen off, but still the same, so i think it must be the operating system i don't know if i just done something wrong or what, so I'm thinking to update my phone to the latest version (Kitkat) using samsung kies is it okay? because im rooted right now wouldn't it brick my phone? and does updating my phone correct or replace all the settings that i done wrong or deleted before? which is probably the cause of the slow charging? i really have no idea.. really noob here.. or is there any better way to resolve this? i hope someone can help me, and if there is links regarding answers to my question i would be happy if anyone could post it here.. thanks in advance..

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Are you using the original charger? Does it charge faster if the device is off?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
I'm sorry for making this thread but i can't seem to find what im troubled for. And im pretty much a NOOB regarding this thing.. so please be understanding.. i have a samsung s4 sgh-i337 running mf3 4.2.2 (rooted) lately charging it took a lot of hours it took me 8 hours just to charge it from 5% to 100% i already closed all the background apps, wifi off, screen off, but still the same, so i think it must be the operating system i don't know if i just done something wrong or what, so I'm thinking to update my phone to the latest version (Kitkat) using samsung kies is it okay? because im rooted right now wouldn't it brick my phone? and does updating my phone correct or replace all the settings that i done wrong or deleted before? which is probably the cause of the slow charging? i really have no idea.. really noob here.. or is there any better way to resolve this? i hope someone can help me, and if there is links regarding answers to my question i would be happy if anyone could post it here.. thanks in advance..

Are you using the wall charger or the usb one? There's a big difference in charging rates of the two. If you want the official OTA update to Kit Kat 4.4.2, then you must be unrooted & all aps & files as original stock. Best & safest way is to Odin back to stock. Search Mf3 tar files on XDA.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

Last edited:

cloverbits

Jan 12, 2014
Are you using the original charger? Does it charge faster if the device is off?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i'm using the original charger, and i'm sure that the charger is not at fault because i tried it on my wife's phone and it worked great. i tried charging while the phone is off but still it really charge really slow..

cloverbits

Jan 12, 2014
Are you using the wall charger or the usb one? There's a big difference in charging rates of the two. If you want the official OTA update to Kit Kat 4.4.2, then you must be unrooted & all aps & files as original stock. Best & safest way is to Odin back to stock. Search Mf3 tar files on XDA.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

i'm using the wall charger, at first it works really fine, then i noticed that it was charging slow, at first i thought that was normal, but now it is really slow. when i try to use it while charging it the battery drops rather than to increase because it is charging.. and btw thanks for the tip regarding updating to Kitkat i was about to try it using kies that could end up bad hehe. but is it wise to use stock? i have read other threads about using other roms. i don't know if i should use it too..

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
i'm using the wall charger, at first it works really fine, then i noticed that it was charging slow, at first i thought that was normal, but now it is really slow. when i try to use it while charging it the battery drops rather than to increase because it is charging.. and btw thanks for the tip regarding updating to Kitkat i was about to try it using kies that could end up bad hehe. but is it wise to use stock? i have read other threads about using other roms. i don't know if i should use it too..

I had to replace a charger that did exactly what yours is doing. New one is perfect. Difference is like night & day. Perhaps your battery is going? Go to an At&t store and have your phone & charger checked. The usual suspect for such problems is the charger. Start there. Be sure to read the guide before going all the way up to Kit Kat. Depends on what you want. if I were you I wouldn't update beyond MK2, which gives you 30+ JellyBean 4.3 roms & almost over 1/2 a dozen Kit Kat 4.4.2 roms.