[Q] Best way to root?

Search This thread

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
So guys, what way should I use to root in your opinions, there are a couple that I know of, cm auto root, using adb, and recently TowelRoot (not sure if it works with 4.4.3)....but please share your opinions, and I probably need recovery too so share about that as well...:D

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
So guys, what way should I use to root in your opinions, there are a couple that I know of, cm auto root, using adb, and recently TowelRoot (not sure if it works with 4.4.3)....but please share your opinions, and I probably need recovery too so share about that as well...:D

You cannot root with adb. fastboot is the best way to root It gives you the necessary tools and understanding required to not only root, but also fix your phone if you fubar.

Look for stickies in General

E

EnricoD

if you have drivers installed properly then extract this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cfqp9uvgzclbk4/Platform_Tools_Nexus.7z

download a recovery ( .img) and put inside that folder

open terminal there (shift+right mouse button>>>select open command prompt here)

reboot the nexus into fastboot mode, connect and type this

fastboot devices

(to see if nexus is connected)

and flash the recovery through fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

reboot into recovery
and flash supersu from chainfire

http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Last edited:

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
You cannot root with adb. fastboot is the best way to root It gives you the necessary tools and understanding required to not only root, but also fix your phone if you fubar.

Ya I meant fastboot, and I have a basic understanding of it since I used it before..

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
same as what gentlemen above said..
I keep SU.zip in a folder on my phone. I flash it everytime I flash a new ROM

BTW Koush's SU is opensource, you can get it here:
http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip

Also, if your recovery image was Philz, you can just root directly from the Philz recovery menu :)

Wow this is pretty different than what im used to (never oned a nexus), first of dosnt custom Roms come prerooted? and seconsdly twrp or cm...I always used to flash cm before there was twrp, but what is better for nexus?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Wow this is pretty different than what im used to (never oned a nexus), first of dosnt custom Roms come prerooted? and seconsdly twrp or cm...I always used to flash cm before there was twrp, but what is better for nexus?

Yes if you're imeediately going to flash a ROM, no need to root your current rom. Just unlock the bootloader, flash recovery then from recovery flash a rom

Official CWM itself is pretty antiquated. The choice is between Philz advanced CWM (See signature) or TWRP and it is users preference really.

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
Yes if you're imeediately going to flash a ROM, no need to root your current rom. Just unlock the bootloader, flash recovery then from recovery flash a rom

Official CWM itself is pretty antiquated. The choice is between Philz advanced CWM (See signature) or TWRP and it is users preference really.

No, I will start with just rooting since xposed modules are great, then move to Roms

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011

Btw I agree to some of what you said in other posts about rooting with adn without PC. Its great to be able to root easily but this in my opinion would make everyone root and stuff while I think rooting and Roms should be for android enthusiasts and what else. :D

Reactions: danarama

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
Alright decided to go with cf auto root, pretty simple to go with and no need to flash recovery..

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
It is very easy but sometime try doing it manually it will be handy to learn the basic fastboot commands in case you softbrick your device which if your a flashaholic like me it will happen I've owned this phone three months I've softbrocked it 5 times

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
It is very easy but sometime try doing it manually it will be handy to learn the basic fastboot commands in case you softbrick your device which if your a flashaholic like me it will happen I've owned this phone three months I've softbrocked it 5 times

I know what you mean....having my S1 bricked it at least 4 times, but anyways isnt it for the nexus 5 that if u softbrick it all u have to do is flash stock from google?

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
although thus devices is uber easy to root you can use towelroot to root it even easier as well and then put a custom recovery on via flashify app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Btw I agree to some of what you said in other posts about rooting with adn without PC. Its great to be able to root easily but this in my opinion would make everyone root and stuff while I think rooting and Roms should be for android enthusiasts and what else. :D