[Q] Need help returning my HTC one m8 from wind moble (canadian) to stock rom

Search This thread

Navetz

Oct 30, 2009
I have a HTC one m8. Right now it has s-off with cid 11111111 My carrier is wind mobile the original cid is GLOBA001.

I can't find a RUU that matches my original CID. I want to go back to stock htc sense. When I got the phone it was rooted and modded. I've tried installing an At&t RUU but every time I open the RUU it goes to the installshield, I click next and then it closes. I have the htc usb drivers and I ran it as administrator.

Can someone tell me how to return this phone back to a stock rom? If someone could please help me get this back to normal I would really appreciate it.

I have a HTC one m8. Right now it has s-off with cid 11111111 My carrier is wind mobile the original cid is GLOBA001.

I can't find a RUU that matches my original CID. I want to go back to stock htc sense. When I got the phone it was rooted and modded. I've tried installing an At&t RUU but every time I open the RUU it goes to the installshield, I click next and then it closes. I have the htc usb drivers and I ran it as administrator.

Can someone tell me how to return this phone back to a stock rom? If someone could please help me get this back to normal I would really appreciate it.

If you want to go to stock it has nothing to do with supercid.Since you have an supercid device your phones mid should match with the mid of the ruu which you are flashing.The best way is that change your mid to WWE version and flash WWE stock rom and its ruu.This will take you to the stock rom and also you will regain your warranty.This will make your phone that it came from the factory itself.You can follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235

Navetz

Oct 30, 2009
If you want to go to stock it has nothing to do with supercid.Since you have an supercid device your phones mid should match with the mid of the ruu which you are flashing.The best way is that change your mid to WWE version and flash WWE stock rom and its ruu.This will take you to the stock rom and also you will regain your warranty.This will make your phone that it came from the factory itself.You can follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235

This guide is great but I would like to go back to stock rom with S-ON so I can send my device in for warranty. To do this I think I need the RUU for the wind mobile cid: GLOBA001

Am I wrong in this assumption?

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
This guide is great but I would like to go back to stock rom with S-ON

Do NOT go s-on after achieving S-OFF. You have the possibility of a lot of bad things happening, including having phone that won't boot with a security warning. There is a thread on it somewhere. Scotty1223 wrote it. Leave it S-OFF. If you have a backup up of stock. I would restore that, in the development section there will be a guide to get rid the tampered flag. Then flash stock recovery. After than you "should" don't quote me on that. Should have an unlocked bootloader stock recovery and S-OFF. Then, change your "unlocked" banner to "locked" not relocked. "Locked" there is another thread somewhere, written by Scotty1223. I'm on mobile so it's kinda hard to find these threads and post it. If you can't find them, next time I'm on my computer, I can post the websites.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.

Last edited:
This guide is great but I would like to go back to stock rom with S-ON so I can send my device in for warranty. To do this I think I need the RUU for the wind mobile cid: GLOBA001

Am I wrong in this assumption?

You wont get warranty with s-on at any cost.for that you have to be s-off.try sunshine method it worths 25$.But before that try firewater exploit since it is free ;)

garbanzo44

Aug 14, 2014
Edmonton
Wind Stock Recovery Still Needed!

You wont get warranty with s-on at any cost.for that you have to be s-off.try sunshine method it worths 25$.But before that try firewater exploit since it is free ;)

This thread kind of wandered a bit... so does anybody have, or can somebody please make, a stock recovery for wind mobile? Because there isn't one - anywhere - on the internet. I've searched everywhere, spent weeks doing it. so for the love of all things that smell nice can someobody reading this please hook me up?