[Q] SGS4 Stock Rooted. KitKat Update OTA failure (using triangle away.)

Search This thread

luke318is

Oct 11, 2011
Ok, so last OTA worked. Here is what i did:

I used triangle away's feature to hide system modified warning
i downloaded the OTA update
I disabled the triangle away fix before installing OTA (like it says to do in triangle away)
Phone rebooted and installed the OTA in CWM
Done.

I tried this today to upgrade from 4.3 to whatever is being pushed by my carrier (kitkat)

this time, when i install the OTA, it reboots to CWM and CWM says "install untrusted zip?" I hit yes, it says install aborted. I hit no, it says same thing.

I have heard others mention this, and were told to restore a stock recovery. I have found instructions to do that here:

http://www.android.gs/how-to-install-stock-recovery-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9500-i9505/

But i dont have a i9500, i have the canadian model, the i337m

Can i still flash the stock recovery image from an i9500? or will i brick something.

also not understanding why i have to do any of this when it worked last time and nothing has changed....maybe because its jumping from 4.3 to 4.4 ... i dunno..

Any advice appreciated, id love to get this OTA. I just dont want roms anymore, only stock. but i want to stay up to date with my android version, and that is becoming tough for me.

thanks.

Sulaimanshariff

Aug 1, 2013
mysore
Ok, so last OTA worked. Here is what i did:

I used triangle away's feature to hide system modified warning
i downloaded the OTA update
I disabled the triangle away fix before installing OTA (like it says to do in triangle away)
Phone rebooted and installed the OTA in CWM
Done.

I tried this today to upgrade from 4.3 to whatever is being pushed by my carrier (kitkat)

this time, when i install the OTA, it reboots to CWM and CWM says "install untrusted zip?" I hit yes, it says install aborted. I hit no, it says same thing.

I have heard others mention this, and were told to restore a stock recovery. I have found instructions to do that here:

http://www.android.gs/how-to-install-stock-recovery-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9500-i9505/

But i dont have a i9500, i have the canadian model, the i337m

Can i still flash the stock recovery image from an i9500? or will i brick something.

also not understanding why i have to do any of this when it worked last time and nothing has changed....maybe because its jumping from 4.3 to 4.4 ... i dunno..

Any advice appreciated, id love to get this OTA. I just dont want roms anymore, only stock. but i want to stay up to date with my android version, and that is becoming tough for me.

thanks.
Thats exactly because you're upgrading from 4.3 to kk and yeah bootloaders differ probably that's the reason recovery and roms should be flashed if they are specifically for your model i9300 cabt have a rom which is for i9505 it bricks your phone same with recovery and yeah better make a clean flash via odin!

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
These are basic questions that have been anwsered 1000 times already. There is a search button you know.

First of all this is not the i1337m forum.
Second flashing stuff on your phone that is not for you phone is the dumbest thing to do. You should know that before you start messing with your phone.

Go to your forum and use the search button.

luke318is

Oct 11, 2011
These are basic questions that have been anwsered 1000 times already. There is a search button you know.

First of all this is not the i1337m forum.
Second flashing stuff on your phone that is not for you phone is the dumbest thing to do. You should know that before you start messing with your phone.

Go to your forum and use the search button.
Ill do just fine without you're attitude, take it elsewhere