[GUIDE] Upgrade GSM P1000 to ICS

Search This thread

donmankind

Mar 21, 2013
you cant believe it ,i have just been able to download the GB STOCK.SAFE for the past two days, the link was just breaking at random, and when aver it breaks i had to start again. Yah just like you said i know have the complte unzipped file i shuld have in the first instance. i find it difficult to believe that fake and not real gb stock safe could be uploaded for people to download because the one i first downloaded bears the same title tag but it 246 mb while this one is 288mb i got this link in your signature. THANKS YOU VERY MUCH. ill keep you informed as the installation proceed.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Maybe not fake? There used to be v4 and v3.
You have to get v5 though.
Good luck and post back.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: donmankind

donmankind

Mar 21, 2013
Maybe not fake? There used to be v4 and v3.
You have to get v5 though.
Good luck and post back.

ok , i ve gootten to a point i need to very some issues,
after the tablet boots up to a new factory fresh JQ1 gingerbread, and my tab is set to use as mass storage, at this point do i copy the AOKP SGT7_P1_MILESTONE 6 into the root of the internal sd card and consiquently instal it through recovery mode? after flashing the overcome kernel 4.0.0 through the Odin tool. I realised that aokp milestone 6 was not mentioned in the guide because the guide is meant for GB.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

after the tablet boots up to a new factory fresh JQ1 gingerbread, and my tab is set to use as mass storage, at this point do i copy the AOKP SGT7_P1_MILESTONE 6 into the root of the internal sd card and consiquently instal it through recovery mode? after flashing the overcome kernel 4.0.0 through the Odin tool. I realised that aokp milestone 6 was not mentioned in the guide because the guide is meant for GB.

Youn know what i ve just booted to the normal screen that was on my tab when i bought it. you know the sand dunes et all. i am so grateful ,infact i am more than grateful for your patience in putting me through. Am back on GB now , now to move to ICS, PLEASE I hope you read my previous post where do i begin as aokp milestone is not in the guide. Once again thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

i have already putten the aokp milestone into the root of the drive, can i now put the tab into download mode and flash the overcome kernel 4.0.0 through ODIN tool? if yes, then after that the aokp set up through the guide process???????.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Youn know what i ve just booted to the normal screen that was on my tab when i bought it. you know the sand dunes et all. i am so grateful ,infact i am more than grateful for your patience in putting me through. Am back on GB now , now to move to ICS, PLEASE I hope you read my previous post where do i begin as aokp milestone is not in the guide. Once again thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

i have already putten the aokp milestone into the root of the drive, can i now put the tab into download mode and flash the overcome kernel 4.0.0 through ODIN tool? if yes, then after that the aokp set up through the guide process???????.

Yes..after you done with the kernel..flash aokp..then the gapps

(҂`☐´)︻╦̵̵̿╤── .:system:.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Actually, I would recommend AOKP JB instead.
It is stable. But up to you.

Yes, next step is flash overcome kernel via Odin.
It is in the PDF guide too.
Put your AOKP and gapps-ics in the sdcard.

After flashing, the tab reboots and there will be robotic voice.
I suggest to force power off to save time.
Then boot to recovery.

Use the cwm recovery to flash AOKP.
You need to flash it a few times (3 times if not mistaken) , as it is how the install works.
The last one will clearly say it is installing the system.
After the last one, flash gapps-ICS.
Only then you reboot, and that is it.

donmankind

Mar 21, 2013
please do you have the link to the right aokp jb, because i heard its two, one 4.1 while the other 4.2,and please which one is most stable as you said JB is more recomendable.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

please do i have to download gapps for JB and also another overcome kernel if yes please what are the versions of this two , and most especially the overcome kernel?

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
This AOKP JB

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923758

follow the post #1 in that thread.

Use overcome kernel 4.0 tar.

You seems confused. Overcome kernel is only needed so your stock GB has a CWM recovery.
You then use the cwm to flash another ROM.
The very first time you flash another ROM, the overcome kernel is gone, it is replaced with the kernel from the custom ROM.

So, you only need one overcome kernel, and it is temporary.

Yes, for jb you need gapps-jb of 201210xx
Not the latest 201203 because that is for android 4.2.2

donmankind

Mar 21, 2013
This AOKP JB

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923758

follow the post #1 in that thread.

Use overcome kernel 4.0 tar.

You seems confused. Overcome kernel is only needed so your stock GB has a CWM recovery.
You then use the cwm to flash another ROM.
The very first time you flash another ROM, the overcome kernel is gone, it is replaced with the kernel from the custom ROM.

So, you only need one overcome kernel, and it is temporary.

Yes, for jb you need gapps-jb of 201210xx
Not the latest 201203 because that is for android 4.2.2

I
HEY !!!! Priyana i made it at last, i now have AOKP 4.1.2, Men it looks pretty good ive just finished flashing now.the 3g works,camera works,almost everything ive tested is working, even the the bluetooth works, this is great men. i say a big thanks to you Priyana, if not for being there it would have been another story with the Tab.. i need to sturdy the operations very well.

Last edited:

donmankind

Mar 21, 2013
Cm10 weekly build thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871113

Install method of all custom are the same.

HEY !!!! Priyana i made it at last, i now have AOKP 4.1.2, Men it looks pretty good ive just finished flashing now.the 3g works,camera works,almost everything ive tested is working, even the the bluetooth works, this is great men. i say a big thanks to you Priyana, if not for being there it would have been another story with the Tab.. i need to sturdy the operations very well.

donmankind

Mar 21, 2013
you cant believe it ,i have just been able to download the GB STOCK.SAFE for the past two days, the link was just breaking at random, and when aver it breaks i had to start again. Yah just like you said i know have the complte unzipped file i shuld have in the first instance. i find it difficult to believe that fake and not real gb stock safe could be uploaded for people to download because the one i first downloaded bears the same title tag but it 246 mb while this one is 288mb i got this link in your signature. THANKS YOU VERY MUCH. ill keep you informed as the installation proceed.

Hey , I had aopk 4.1.2 on the tab up till twelve hours ago, it worked well for about 4 hours before i started getting problems of display, the screen light will get dim and i will bearly be able to see whats on the screen,i went to the display setting and set the display to fullstage but it didnt have any impact on it its like a sensor is sleeping and waking up.. it will be like this for about two hours and it will come up again and be bright. it behaved like this for about five times, so i thought of the option of putting into the tab cm10. with aopk tools.
so i restocked it back into GB, as it was before with theovercome kernel 4.0.0 and Odin3, after it was in gb state, i put into the storage root cm10 and gapps and NOT, inside the internal sd, i put on deburging, switch off the tab flash in overcome kernel at download mode through Odin3, then at recovery state install cm10 and the gapp, i did not wipe the data and the factory reset, and i did not wipe the dalvik cache,as this are the two operations that gave me problems in the first instance,The whole operation went on smothly and everything booted into cyanogenmod 10. i have since been seriously enjoying my tab. I must say that i am very very grateful to my teacher PRIYANA for his unrelenting effort to see that i get through, his is never tired in explainning and explanning a single issue several times, Priyana you are great, thanks a lot.

umaima.b.zia

Jun 10, 2013
Many thank you and a query!

Hey! I know it is almost an year late but I upgraded my P1000 just yesterday following the procedure you stated and it was buttery smooth. THANK YOU! I am in love with my tab all over again.

I upgraded with the CyanogenMod 10.1 (Jelly Bean).

Being a noob, I have a question that I hope anyone could answer. When I installed the second file, the UI resembled that of ICS, however after that you asked to install the Cyanogenmod ROM. Why was that/ what was it?

Thank you once again!

albie94

Dec 15, 2013
My sgt-p1000 stuck on samsung logo screen

While installing custom rom cm 10.1 to my tab p1000 it just restarted and stuck on samsung logo screen.it is also not going into recovery mode.whatever i do it get stuck on logo screen.plz help.i m very much frightened.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Can you still go to download mode?
Use overcome method. The link is in my signature.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Obviously you didn't read the pdf guide.
It is showing pictures of what to put in odin. Can't be easier than that.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Download mode is from power off state, you hold volume-down then press power button.

albie94

Dec 15, 2013
ya i didnt.i have gvn it in market for the same.if i come empty handed then i'ld have no options left else tryng it.
Thank u for ur help nd co-operation.if i fail i wl get back to u.

bloodymiko

Mar 14, 2007
i tried the method mentioned in the beginning of the thread but somehow my tab got bricked.... not sure if it's soft bricked or hard bricked. it just stayed on the screen where there is a icon / picture of phone and pc with yellow exclamation sign in between.

initially it just hang on this screen and now it is flashing blinking. i tried several methods found online to unbrick it but all don't seemed to work. at a loss now.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING ONLY FOR GSM WARNING

I am not responsible for the bricked tabs, backaches, heart attacks or seizures which you may encounter while following these instructions. Do these at your own risk. And this guide is only for gsm galaxy tab GT-P1000 and not any other model.

I found that many people wre facing problems while flashing ics roms on their galaxy tab GT-P1000, so I thought of writing this detailed guide.

First upgrade to a stable build of Gingerbread 2.3.3. Do not use the GB stock safe package from overcome.
    Then download this file:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/g-uW6vGt/...Q1-v33-CW.html

Extract it.
    Download odin3 v1.7:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=821625
    Then open odin3 v1.7
    Select CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.zip as PDA
    Turn off your tab.
    Boot into download mode by holding vol down button and power button together.
    Connect your tab to your computer.
    Wait for the COM:ID button to glow yellow.(DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING ELSE)
    Start flashing.
    Wait for the COM:ID to show “PASS”
    Download Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe_3.zip:
    http://www.ravishare.com/1fragzl971e6/Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe.zip.html
    Then transfer Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe_3.zip to the your tab.
    Turn off your tab.
    Boot into recovery mode by holding Vol up and power button together.
    Use volume keys to navigate and power button to select “Install zip from sd card” and then “Choose zip from sd card”.
    Select Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe_3.zip.
    Select yes.
    Wait for flash to complete.
    Reboot your tab.
    Now download the ics roms like stimpz0r’s AOKP or cdesai’s Cyanogenmod and flash them via recovery.
    You have now successfully upgraded your tab to ICS.
    Press the thanks button.

And good news. Upgrading to Jellybean does not require you to flash Overcome. :)
    Well, you can upgrade to gingerbread by this method:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1073854

If you get stuck in any of the above steps, follow this method to go to stable gingerbread with bml partition.
    Hi Gogol.
    I know you always recommend against using overcome stock safe.
    Which gb do you recommend then?

And this guy got his tab into bootloop following your method until he tried overcome gb stock safe and saved.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30384656

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Well, the problem is that the bootloop occurs if the cwm i mentioned is flashed in the firmware of gb stock safe package. so i recommend against it
    Made the correction
    Hey gogol1996,
    I followed all the steps you mentioned.
    However when I connect my tab to the computer in download mode the "COM:ID" dosent turn yellow. :l

Please help?

Wait for some time.