Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

Search This thread

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Evo Shift 4G. Rooting from 2.3.4 was so hard for me. Literally took 2 days of work to do. Glad I did though!

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

Reactions: xboxlugo94

E The Magnificent

Feb 8, 2013
I think I may have watch qbking77 videos like a good 20 times before I took the plunged and rooted. Every phone I get I root before I activate. Same goes when I get my note 2 hopefully in like 2 weeks well I'm still thinking it. Who decides to go android may as well learn about rooting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

boydefecto

Jul 23, 2009
Knoxville
No one had to root the Tmobile G1 or the Mytouch 3G? Dang, that was my first devices. Having to use gold cards and then using sd cards that had the ext partitions to make the first version of the Hero Sense work on the G1.

feyrune

Jun 13, 2010
Norfolk, VA
Took me a couple months to build up the courage to do it, but it started with an HTC Hero... And then every phone I could get my hands on after it. Everyone's phone. Nothing is safe around me. Turn your back and you'll be wondering what that SU app is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
First rooted phone was an evo shift on 2.3.3, and then later the same phone (but a replacement) on 2.3.4

Didn't take me too long to decide to root, I rooted about a week after I learned what root was

Sent from my PG06100

Reactions: Whiplashh

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
I rooted my OG Epic from the command line using adb commands - I downloaded all of the files and read every guide I could find a couple days in advance, but I hadn't found XDA or the one-click packages yet (it was the Epic's release week, so the scripts might not have existed yet).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

wuestsider

May 11, 2010
Rancho Cordova, CA
HTC Hero (Sprint)... However, out of all the Android phones I've owned, the GS3 is the first phone I haven't rooted. Haven't felt the need to root this one.

WUESTSIDER X!!
Sent with my Mighty GALAXY S3!

G

GuestK00145

OG Epic 4G

I miss my baby :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took me a couple months to build up the courage to do it, but it started with an HTC Hero... And then every phone I could get my hands on after it. Everyone's phone. Nothing is safe around me. Turn your back and you'll be wondering what that SU app is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    LG Optimus S. Unfortunately the roms where never quite right. So now I stick with stock rooted. Hey, it's a great os.

Sent from my SPH-L710 running 4.1.2 (MB1)
    Samsung Moment... Sadly every single rom had bugs though so it wasn't much better than stock

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung Moment courtesy of SDX-Developers. If I recall correctly, I went from cupcake to a leaked version of Eclair before the official release and then we got a ported version of FroYo. I thought I was hot **** with my live wallpaper. I had a love-hate relationship with that phone. Many times I wanted to throw it against the wall or out the window of a moving car. Bottom line is I learned a lot from that phone and the good people over at SDX.

OG evo rooted with unrevoked one click:)