[ROM][ICS] [UNOFFICIAL] Root-ready Huawei MediaPad/SpringBoard ICS International

Is this thread useful?

• YES

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
There is something I dont get, first can we fash this rom using CWM ?
Also I have the springboard, I try to put the dload folder on my sd, boot, the android appear and disappear after 5 sec, then boot loop...
Any idea, advice, how ?

luvduchovny

Mar 29, 2011
Which rom are you using? Check the Dload folder and make sure there isn't a ds_store file in it. (that was the problem I had the first time when I downloaded the first rom a while ago). Since you see the android you must have the unlmt.cfg file in the dload folder. If you don't you can go to notepad and create one by leaving it blank and saving it as unlmt.cfg.

You might have to force the update to happen by pressing power + volume up (which is the toggle farther away from the power button. It's weird you would think it would be the opposite).

I don't think you can flash using CWM. I had trouble with this rom loading, but I when I downloaded the one from here it worked:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2hohNLEonlcMVFNeDNhM3lwOVk

MUCH LATER UPDATE: When updating make sure you have Fastboot turned off on your tablet. Then try the update.

Last edited:

brickchamp

Nov 7, 2010
I am using the ICS International 4.0.3 rom on my Tmobile springboard and everything is great. Texting, messaging, can send pictures and phone works great with my bluetooth. Unlocked my tablet and am using straight talk at&t $45 a month unlimited. No problems with rooting and screen is fantastic. No touch sensitivity problems I have 6 tablets and as far as portability, screen resolution and functionality, this one takes the cake.

wwolf771177

Dec 11, 2010
hey guys i ust installed this and it seems to be working great, just one question. what is the purpose of step #8."Once fully booted copy sanixupdate folder from the downloaded ZIP to root of the INTERNAL STORAGE using the USB cable."

i havent done that part yet but everything seems to be just fine. can someone please explain, thanks in advance

hwmod

Dec 12, 2011
Verona
hey guys i ust installed this and it seems to be working great, just one question. what is the purpose of step #8."Once fully booted copy sanixupdate folder from the downloaded ZIP to root of the INTERNAL STORAGE using the USB cable."

i havent done that part yet but everything seems to be just fine. can someone please explain, thanks in advance

You don't need to take all those steps to get a rooted devices.

Just download C232B005 HWMOD and install as usual from SDCard.

Angat

Sep 7, 2012
Can someone give us pics, please and would this work on the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credits goes to zombolo and Xanderful
    I'm posting this thread to make it easy to find the ROM for newbees...

Please read ALL Informations carefully, before using this rom !

Disclaimer - This procedure is given here in a "as-is" format. I have personally verified it and have it running, but, the ultimate responsibility of performing this lies on you. I will not be responsible for dead / bricked devices or any such similar unfortunate situations.

1. Download the ROM from the link.
    2. Extract the DLOAD folder from the zip.
    3. Copy the DLOAD folder to the root of your Micro SD card. You can use a card reader or copy using the mediapad itself using MTP over USB cable.
    4. Power OFF the mediapad.
    5. Insert the Micro SD card to the mediapad and Power ON.
    6. ROM Upgrade will start automatically. Follow the onscreen directions. Remove the MicroSD when instructed.
    7. The device will reboot automatically. Meanwhile delete the DLOAD folder in the MicroSD.
    8. Once fully booted copy sanixupdate folder from the downloaded ZIP to root of the INTERNAL STORAGE using the USB cable.
    9. Power OFF and Reboot.
    10. Now you have a ROOTED mediapad with ICS

NOTE
      • By using this ROM you voide the warranty... But you can very easily go back to STOCK rom before claiming for warranty.
      • You loose 4G if you are using a T-mobile Springboard
      • Remember to delete the DLOAD folder from SD card after it is removed from the device as instructed on the device screen. Keeping the DLOAD folder on SD makes it re-flash everytime you POWER ON with the SD inserted.

DOWNLOAD

Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz
    So, who's been brave enough to try it? My mediapad is 24hrs old and I don't fancy my chances lol!

Can you still call and text with the ROM, and has anyone got any screenshots or benchmarks to show?

Cheers. :)

Works much much better than stock HC thats for sure. With the exception of the lack of 4g (which i honestly barely notice) and some oddities with touchscreen sensitivity its been perfect.