[Q] Help using CWM!

Search This thread

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
Hello,
today I tried to put CWM on my old Galaxy fit using this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19204364 so then I could upgrade it and then install a ROM, I did the Odin Multidownloader process and it looked like it worked, but I wanted to test it and I didn't know how to use the CWM I just installed, so I went to ROM Manager and from there I tried to do the CWM Recovery option and when it started to reboot, it got like stuck in the Samsung logo and some kind of bootloop, the only thing I can do is press the home-volume up-power button so I can go to the Downloading... screen.
What can I do?
Does anyone know?
Thanks

spartan268

Oct 13, 2013
OnePlus 6
I would recommend using download mode and Odin to flash a stock Rom. Once u do that and root ur phone again I suggest getting twrp. Seems to work better for me and easy to install.,

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

vritant

Sep 25, 2013
Hello,
today I tried to put CWM on my old Galaxy fit using this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19204364 so then I could upgrade it and then install a ROM, I did the Odin Multidownloader process and it looked like it worked, but I wanted to test it and I didn't know how to use the CWM I just installed, so I went to ROM Manager and from there I tried to do the CWM Recovery option and when it started to reboot, it got like stuck in the Samsung logo and some kind of bootloop, the only thing I can do is press the home-volume up-power button so I can go to the Downloading... screen.
What can I do?
Does anyone know?
Thanks

Which version of cwm did you install?

ahmetakin

Oct 18, 2013
Installing Stock Roms

First, download the stock rom of your choice from samfirmware.com
Then download beni.ops and Odin Multidownloader
Remove the sim card and memory card of your phone, and put it in download mode
Next, run Odin, and connect your phone to your windows computer. Odin should respond as detected. Then, select “Ops” as beni.ops. (Doing this would disable all other fields except “One Package”)
After this, select your desired stock rom in “One Package”.
Do not alter any other option other than those mentioned, let them remain as they are.
Make sure that the color of “COM PORT MAPPING” is yellow, and then click “Start”.
Odin will start giving different responses, and the timer in Odin would also start…now all you have to do is wait till Odin completes flashing (You will get a message “Pass”, usually within 10 minutes)
Note: Do not disconnect you phone while the process is on, and till you get that “Pass” message.

After this, it is optional but advised that you reboot into recovery mode and wipe data, otherwise you *may* face bootloops.[/list]

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Hello,
What can I do?
Does anyone know?
Thanks

Question 1: can you enter recovery!? By holding power + home buttons.
Question 2: are you sure you downloaded the correct ROM from the Samsung ROMs website (the correct ROM means the latest link from your carrier).
Edit: don't forget to take out the USB cable after the flashing is done.

Depending on your answer:
Try to redo the procedure without installing custom recovery (just flash thru download mode via Odin the downloaded ROM for your device) and see if it boots (first boot takes a long time so just wait.

If you're trying to install ONLY the cwm recovery be sure you are getting the one meant for beni (other will not work).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
I can make it through the Downloading page, I cant get into recovery mode and if I do the ODIN CWM process again I can get into the original rom, but when I try to reboot, it gets into the bootloop, what do I do?
I wasn't able to download the stock rom from Sammobile.... :crying:
Help!
Thanks

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
I can make it through the Downloading page, I cant get into recovery mode and if I do the ODIN CWM process again I can get into the original rom, but when I try to reboot, it gets into the bootloop, what do I do?
I wasn't able to download the stock rom from Sammobile.... :crying:
Help!
Thanks

Here you can get stock ROM :
http://terafile.co/64475c2f7787/S5670XXKPY_S5670SERKPY_SER.zip
Be sure you follow the instructions in Odin.

Are you sure you can't get in recovery with home + power!? Seems strange. Try to reinstall CWM recovery thru download mode then try to get into recovery mode. You can find more than five Odin flash able recoveries in XDA for fit. Try all.
Good luck!

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
for odin flasing u need stay in download mode no need cwm with odin .

That's why seems odd he can't get in recovery mode. From what I understand:
1. He flashed stock ROM (or he tried to)
2. Then he tried to flash CWM recovery and now gets bootloop at Samsung screen.
Actually this happened to me once and I had to reflash stock ROM first then cwm recovery thru Odin.

Reactions: speakerstick

ahmetakin

Oct 18, 2013
Actually this happened to me once and I had to reflash stock ROM first then cwm recovery thru Odin.

first install samsung usb mobile driver
1-you need BENI_v1.0.ops file and odin S5670_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38
2-go to download mode and connect your phone to pc and press start button from the odin
3-again flash recovery 6.0.4.6 and install new rom cm11

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
2-go to download mode and connect your phone to pc and press start button from the odin

Thanks... :) However I don't think the guy wants 6045 recovery, but 5 version.
Anyway, it seems we are more interested in this than he is, so... Happy flashing.

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
Anyway, it seems we are more interested in this than he is, so... Happy flashing.

Ok, sorry, I forgot to give an update during the weekend (and sorry, I was interested... but I didn't have time to give the update :() :

1.- I wanted to get CWM 5 and I tried to reboot, but I got that bootloop (I anyways wanted the CWM 6.0.4.5 version because I heard it is better)
2.- I finally got the stock rom using Sammobile.
3.- I flashed the stock rom to get rid of that annoying bootloop.
4.- I got CWM 5 with Odin
6.- Updated CWM to the 6.0.4.5 version.
7.-I got Cyanogenmod 10.1.4 version

I actually was able to get into recovery mode, but the thing is that I didn't know how to get into it... lol
I am doing this as an experimet because I don't use the Fit as a phone, so... what should I do next? :p

Anyways; thank you all for your help, ahmetakin and johnny.

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Ok, sorry, I forgot to give an update during the weekend (and sorry, I was interested... but I didn't have time to give the update :() :

1.- I wanted to get CWM 5 and I tried to reboot, but I got that bootloop (I anyways wanted the CWM 6.0.4.5 version because I heard it is better)
2.- I finally got the stock rom using Sammobile.
3.- I flashed the stock rom to get rid of that annoying bootloop.
4.- I got CWM 5 with Odin
6.- Updated CWM to the 6.0.4.5 version.
7.-I got Cyanogenmod 10.1.4 version

I actually was able to get into recovery mode, but the thing is that I didn't know how to get into it... lol
I am doing this as an experimet because I don't use the Fit as a phone, so... what should I do next? :p

Anyways; thank you all for your help, ahmetakin and johnny.

Well now on your phone is 6045 recovery which works ONLY with Cyanogenmod 11. Go to yajnab's thread and download the alpha5. Put it on your SD and flash though recovery mode (recovery mode : keep power + middle button "home" pressed until you enter recovery mode). Wipe data, cache and dalvik (Dalvik from advanced). Press install from SD card and navigate to where you put the zip downloaded earlier. Select it.... Wait... Wait.... After that wait some more... Then you can enjoy CM11 aka KitKat.
If you want a different ROM (cm7 - cm10.2) flash an older custom recovery and do the same as above.
Flashing is simple and practice makes it perfect. After all you have a Fit for spare.
Remember that different ROMs might have different flashing instructions so ALWAYS read the OP in the ROMs thread.
Enjoy!

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
Well now on your phone is 6045 recovery which works ONLY with Cyanogenmod 11. Go to yajnab's thread and download the alpha5. Put it on your SD and flash though recovery mode (recovery mode : keep power + middle button "home" pressed until you enter recovery mode). Wipe data, cache and dalvik (Dalvik from advanced). Press install from SD card and navigate to where you put the zip downloaded earlier. Select it.... Wait... Wait.... After that wait some more... Then you can enjoy CM11 aka KitKat.
If you want a different ROM (cm7 - cm10.2) flash an older custom recovery and do the same as above.
Flashing is simple and practice makes it perfect. After all you have a Fit for spare.
Remember that different ROMs might have different flashing instructions so ALWAYS read the OP in the ROMs thread.
Enjoy!

But... CWM 6.0.4.5 works on the rom I'm using right now... are you sure?
And does CM11 has Google Play? (gapps)
Thanks

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
But... CWM 6.0.4.5 works on the rom I'm using right now... are you sure?
And does CM11 has Google Play? (gapps)
Thanks

Have you installed your ROM using 6045 cwm recovery!? Or you installed the 6045 recovery after installing ROM!?
Yajnab says:
Code:
This Recovery will only support Ext4, Ext3 or Ext2 formatted Custom ROMs. 
No RFS support has been included here. 
So dont come with the issues when having any stock ROM or stock based RFS custom ROM installed. 
The Device wont boot up
So, honestly I didn't tried to install other rom than cm11 on this recovery.

ahmetakin

Oct 18, 2013
Have you installed your ROM using 6045 cwm recovery!? Or you installed the 6045 recovery after installing ROM!?
Yajnab says:
Code:
So dont come with the issues when having any stock ROM or stock based RFS custom ROM installed. 
The Device wont boot up

if you want install another rom on cwn 6.0.4.6 its possible for example hd v3
galaxy fit stock rom v3 etc.

Reactions: johnny208

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yajnab says:
    Code:
    The Device wont boot up

if you want install another rom on cwn 6.0.4.6 its possible for example hd v3
    galaxy fit stock rom v3 etc.