[Q] Firewall without root?

Search This thread

devil slime

Oct 12, 2007
hey so i was using droid wall but i updated to 1.72 on my DHD and sadly found out i cannot upgrade it. so now i need a firewall that works without root because android eats all my data plan.

any suggestions?

mobilefirewall

Dec 28, 2012
try Mobiwol - Firewall: No ROOT Required

hey so i was using droid wall but i updated to 1.72 on my DHD and sadly found out i cannot upgrade it. so now i need a firewall that works without root because android eats all my data plan.

any suggestions?

Mobiwol is firewall application that use the VPN interface for firewalling (without actually connect you to any VPN server)

kbntk

Mar 20, 2014
I advise not to use Mobiwol, since this application itself is a security risk. 3G watchdog reports approx 50MB per day WiFi traffic used by Mobiwol.

From the mobiwol website:

Why does Mobiwol top the data usage chart?

It’s an illusion. Mobiwol uses your device’s VPN package to create a firewall. As every data packet sent or received by your apps passes through the VPN, all the incoming and outgoing data traffic gets attributed to Mobiwol.

The good part, however, is that Mobiwol now comes with its own Data Usage feature which allows you to check data usage for each app. To view the usage, choose Data Usage from the home screen.
mobiwol.com/faqs.html

Reactions: machao_mengqi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I advise not to use Mobiwol, since this application itself is a security risk. 3G watchdog reports approx 50MB per day WiFi traffic used by Mobiwol.

From the mobiwol website:

Why does Mobiwol top the data usage chart?

It’s an illusion. Mobiwol uses your device’s VPN package to create a firewall. As every data packet sent or received by your apps passes through the VPN, all the incoming and outgoing data traffic gets attributed to Mobiwol.

The good part, however, is that Mobiwol now comes with its own Data Usage feature which allows you to check data usage for each app. To view the usage, choose Data Usage from the home screen.
    mobiwol.com/faqs.html