[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
A few more changes intended to reduce "useless" dmesg log spam were merged today. They will be in the next nightly.

Those who are still encountering SoDs, please resubmit /proc/last_kmsg dumps when running the next nightly (not the current one, the logs will still be too spammy.)

knottr

Jul 22, 2011
Hull
Thor is a developer, that violated GPL policy, simply saying - pirat, therefore publishing his work is prohibited here.

P.S.
Can someone bring some light on this change - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/17695 ?
Is this related to amoled blue color known issue?

I think it may be related to this, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598645

If not i dont know. i'll test after flashing latest nightly. doing it now

EDIT: Confirmed, the blue pixel on screen turn off no longer appears. (Also the delays could be referring to sometimes waking from lock delays a little, not sure if thats just me though)

Last edited:
Reactions: ahalford

samarium

Jun 24, 2010
Does CM9 have alsa compiled in? Does the cm9 kernel have any support for usb audio devices?
I'm trying to get USB audio device support for the Note. I'm using pretty much stock LQ2. The Galaxy S3 has USB DAC audio already
So far I've got alsa installed, and my cheapo c-media usb audio device is recognised as a usb audio device but after

in terminal

su
alsa_aplay -l (list sound devices)

only the internal yamaha chip is listed.

IIRC you will have to do a kernel/module config/build. I've been building usb ethernet device modules recently with limited success getting them working, so I would be interested to hear of your successes.

dr. xp55

Dec 19, 2011
I've been doing full wipes and factory resets since the 6/8 nightly. Up until the 6/11 nightly, I was getting SODs continuously. I would restore my apps using TB after flashing. Now since 6/11, I've gotten maybe 1-3 SODs per day. But that's also because I haven't been restoring my entire app list. Only certain apps and half my list. Based on this, as entropy and few others have mentioned, these SODs could be app related. Now testing 6/14 to see which app(s) could be causing this. But the initial continuous SOD definitely was the cause of the storage change (back from 6/5).

Also, I've noticed, is anyone else having drainage issues? Seems like the battery drains are more since 6/11.

Whenever I fully charge my phone, I always do a reboot so that it clears all processes and such, then remove it from the charger right before it boots up. Later in the day I check BBS, and it seems like mediascanner services is always in the minutes. I haven't even installed my external SD card yet, and I don't have much in my internal SD card..

Just wanted to let entropy and the rest of cm9 a major thanks. I do appreciate all their hard work. It was just that the SODs were getting frustrating.

Edit: I used entropy's setcpu parameters, and changed the minimum to 500 MHz, that could also be the issue..

Also has anyone undervolted? If so, could you post your values.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I've been doing full wipes and factory resets since the 6/8 nightly. Up until the 6/11 nightly, I was getting SODs continuously. I would restore my apps using TB after flashing. Now since 6/11, I've gotten maybe 1-3 SODs per day. But that's also because I haven't been restoring my entire app list. Only certain apps and half my list. Based on this, as entropy and few others have mentioned, these SODs could be app related. Now testing 6/14 to see which app(s) could be causing this. But the initial continuous SOD definitely was the cause of the storage change (back from 6/5).

Also, I've noticed, is anyone else having drainage issues? Seems like the battery drains are more since 6/11.

Whenever I fully charge my phone, I always do a reboot so that it clears all processes and such, then remove it from the charger right before it boots up. Later in the day I check BBS, and it seems like mediascanner services is always in the minutes. I haven't even installed my external SD card yet, and I don't have much in my internal SD card..

Just wanted to let entropy and the rest of cm9 a major thanks. I do appreciate all their hard work. It was just that the SODs were getting frustrating.

Edit: I used entropy's setcpu parameters, and changed the minimum to 500 MHz, that could also be the issue..

Also has anyone undervolted? If so, could you post your values.

Setting minimum to 500 Mhz is not a solution, it may be a patch at best. Also it will even drain your battery more i guess. I`am getting SOD`s too and my guess is it`s kernel related. These SOD`s came out of the blue and just started happening from build 03042012 or 04042012, i never had SOD`s before! Sometimes a SOD happens overnight, during the day, once or 3 times a day, wifi on and off, while charging or not. It`s completely unpredicatable.
As much as i like CM9 i`am getting a bit tired off it, and if you set an alarm and the phone turns off over night you`re screwed. It makes the phone unreliable at the moment :(
I hope this issue can be solved in the near future.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

How do i make a /proc/last_kmsg dump?
Can i send it as a pm to Entropy512?

Last edited:

Nicosch

Jul 27, 2011
Halle
After a LONG while flashing back and forth old and new nightlies and having SoDz with every SINGLE DAMN DEEP SLEEP....:D

I had a stroke a luck...I flashed GB (KKA) with Odin, rooted it with ZergRush, then flashed CM9, just as the instructions say in the OP.

NO SOD FOR TWO DAYS NOW!!!

WOOO!! I'm so happy with my phone now I could take it out to a nice fancy dinner. and...that's about it :D:D:D:D

Did this from the beginning (when installing very first nightly).. and never had sod's..

I'm glad you left the dark side..

I'm a newly-converted user from iOS and very new to Android, custom ROMs, and rooting.

I'm on stock ICS LP9 and would like to flash CM9. I have already rooted my phone, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25935714&postcount=1 and in need of guidance on how to proceed.

Should I downgrade to the directly-rootable GB ROMs first? How?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I'm a newly-converted user from iOS and very new to Android, custom ROMs, and rooting.

I'm on stock ICS LP9 and would like to flash CM9. I have already rooted my phone, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25935714&postcount=1 and in need of guidance on how to proceed.

Should I downgrade to the directly-rootable GB ROMs first? How?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe it`s best to read up first about rooting, flashing, cwm, recovery and downloadmode. And off course NOT FULL WIPING when on iCS if you don`t have a safe kernel, it can lead to a bricked phone
But here is how i did it:
- download and flash with Odin XXKKA (Gingerbread), after the boot up do a data factory reset ( *2767*3855# ), save the files you want to keep to your pc.
- rooted/got recovery with the zergrush exploit see link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1331784 with the InitialCFRootFlasher.
- Download the latest Nightly and gapps and place on your sd card.
- Go in recovery using cwm manager, it`s wise to make a backup of your current rom in case something went wrong
-Once in recovery wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache ( in advanced), mounts and storage and format system, data and cache)
-Flash CM9 nightly and straight after that gapps.
-Reboot and you`re done :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ligrev

Top Liked Posts