[Q] Purple tint fixed but now have green tint (india)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3550812
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3550812

Hello

So I paid the service tech at Chandigarh rs. 5000 to get my camera fixed.

The camera is near perfect now except when I look at white backgrounds there is a slight hue of green present.

The tech said that because my bootloader is unlocked and s-off he wasn't able to callibrate the phone correctly.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello

So I paid the service tech at Chandigarh rs. 5000 to get my camera fixed.

The camera is near perfect now except when I look at white backgrounds there is a slight hue of green present.

The tech said that because my bootloader is unlocked and s-off he wasn't able to callibrate the phone correctly.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

replace the camera auto white calibration file:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2744757
you need an /system writable kernel otherwise the file must be replaced at each reboot.

D

Deleted member 3550812

replace the camera auto white calibration file:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2744757
you need an /system writable kernel otherwise the file must be replaced at each reboot.

I have a couple of questions;

1) Does elementalX allow me to do this?

2) Is this procedure permanent? I mean can I make a backup of the original file and replace it if it doesn't work out

3) Will I need to replace this file everytime I flash a new rom?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I have a couple of questions;

1) Does elementalX allow me to do this?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40682412&postcount=3

2) Is this procedure permanent?
yes and no. If you keep using the same rom and you are using a writable /system kernel then yes. If you change your rom, no and if don't want to use a custom kernel, no.

I mean can I make a backup of the original file and replace it if it doesn't work out
ALWAYS make backup of stock files before replacing them and you should make a complete nandroid backup each time you try to mod your phone. You might also need to restore the stock awb file for future ota update (if you are on stock)

3) Will I need to replace this file everytime I flash a new rom?
Yes and No
We hope at some point, HTC will fix this issue OTA with a new awb file. If so, newer rom versions will probably include the fixed awb file and maybe some custom roms already fixed the file (to confirm). But atm the answer is Yes, you must replace the file everytime.

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ

Lol, you think being unlocked/s-off would make it easier for them...

But I'm not buying that there is any calibration to be done. Mine was replaced by HTC in January. I have some green in low light.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3550812

Lol, you think being unlocked/s-off would make it easier for them...

But I'm not buying that there is any calibration to be done. Mine was replaced by HTC in January. I have some green in low light.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Did you try replacing the awb file? I m wanting to know if this works out or not.