[ROM] [WIP] Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS SDK port Flasheable zip / ALPHA 3

Search This thread

djmfxp

Mar 30, 2005
Tehran-IRAN
www.Renderjet.com
Very nice new revamped interface

Very nice new revamped interface
Nice phone app and revamped contact manager with light background
Gallery like as quickpic app and dosn't work
No any data and sound
Camera dosn't work
Folder like ios, but very cooler than ios ;)
Launcher flkexible than ever...(in rename folder progress, home get up for keyboard)
Volume down+Power button get a screen shot... but dosn't work not yet...
New set alarm(like on windows phone 7)
Status bar is transparent
Blue theme(lighter than on honeycomb, like cyanogenmod)
Setting shortcut adds above of statusbar
Softkeys work correctly
RTL language support for just read(FARSI, PERSIAN, arabic)
Google search allways above of launcher pages
No any default live wallpaper
App drawer like Honeycomb combained with Widgets
Scrollable widgets9bookmarks, calendar, email)
All menu items without classic icons, no grid view, just text menu(like on old Windows mobile 6.5 versions), but very nice with gray background
Pointer support, use trackball to see black pointer with nice blue lines in screen
Add pointer speed in Language & input to control pointer ;)
Android version 4.0.1

Secure screen like GINGERBREAD!!!!!!!!!(tap repeatly on Android version)
REZZZZZZZ... transparent bee(yellow and black with transparent blue wings)

Add screen shot as soon as possible ;)

zerodi

Jun 4, 2010
cebu, ph
my N1 booted up ICS fine with RA 2.2.1,

When we enable Force gpu rendering didnt notice any more ' smoothness' but thats expected in an sdk release, over all really nice job !!

Cant wait , ill have ICS on all my phones lol

Could you add the ICS wallpapers in the next release pls?

jazzaddict

Mar 31, 2011
Melbourne
hi guys,

i'm just wondering about the whole point about working on an SDK port, i mean wouldn't all the effort that goes into this become meaningless when the source are released? And when the official rom from google is released?

faizalmzain

Feb 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
when the wifi and APN is working i don't mind using this ROM as daily driver since my nexus one is my back up phone anyway.

the smoothness is acceptable for me.

puttytatko

Apr 8, 2011
Trivandrum
how much internal memory is left after flashing this massive rom??? can you guys please post how you got the sms and mobile network to work???

eclansky

Jul 5, 2010
Taipei
NO official ICS for N1

This is sad news, lame at the same time.

Google not supporting their flagship N1, which we know and
love as being a freakin' sweet phone, that ruled for almost two
years, is hard to get around...

Maybe we should make a petition or something?

Google's official reason was "it's too old."

Ouch.

I think it's an excuse, just phasing out the old..

Thoughts/Ideas?

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota

Ouch.

Thoughts/Ideas?
I dont think many people are still receiving OTA updates on a stock Rom anymore. If you are posting here, chances are you have a rooted phone with a custom Rom. These will survive and thrive as soon as the actual source code is released. I am not worried about it at all.

lolobabes

Mar 1, 2010
Manila

Ouch.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Agree with you, google isnt so "Dont be Evil" after all...

.ili.music.ili.

Jun 6, 2009
It really is crazy. I have a Nexus One and a HTC G2 (Vision) and my G2 is a year or so newer than the N1, performs better in benchmarks, but I still (by literally comparing them side by side) that the N1 is more responsive and fluid than my G2. I only use the G2 because of it's physical keyboard.

Now they're telling me that Nexus One is obsolete? It's still better than many of the newer phones, since it's hardware has such a great synergy with the android operating system; the phone was made to run unadulterated android! And that's why it runs CM7 better than my G2.

Not that I really care, CM8 will be out for the Nexus One, even the G1 for god's sake.

I really this is a move from the mobile companies. They want people to upgrade their phones, and don't like when Google continues to push updates for them to distribute on their servers.

ultima888

Jun 2, 2010
I think it's sad that Google does not officially support ICS for N1. But I think N1 also has its problems. Its graphic capabilities is out of dated, and its internal memory is quite limited. I'm not sure does these have anything to do with not being able to update to ICS, but I think these are definitely a concern since ICS seems more graphic intensive than previous version of Android, so maybe needs more system memory + higher class graphic chips?

FYI, I got my N1 2 weeks after it came out, and still loving it!

cedricj

Mar 7, 2009
Sense ROM

I think it's sad that Google does not officially support ICS for N1. But I think N1 also has its problems. Its graphic capabilities is out of dated, and its internal memory is quite limited. I'm not sure does these have anything to do with not being able to update to ICS, but I think these are definitely a concern since ICS seems more graphic intensive than previous version of Android, so maybe needs more system memory + higher class graphic chips?

FYI, I got my N1 2 weeks after it came out, and still loving it!

First i agree with you, my N1 (actually my second one) is the nest ever phone. i always get a new phone every 6 months and i had mine since day 1. The custom rom make it still modern. Get to a phone shop and look at the latest HTC, they are running the same ROM than the one in My N1, almost the same.

Now regarding the internal memory, it is indeed not an issue. All the Sense ROM ported to the N1 are using an SD card (Who hasn't one!) for making it possible...
Graphic is smooth to me. Again if i compare the latest HTC to my N1, i am not so impressed bythe speed difference..
I am sure ICS will make it smooth as well:)
Best

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Hey guys, you're really lucky to have a working port here. A dev at the Desire S forum tried to port it, but the touchscreen doesn't work. I saw that alpha 2 had no touch, whereas alpha 3 it works. Can the dev please tell how he fixed it? It would be of great help. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a rom based on the Android 4.0 SDK ics, we are working to make it fully functional, and improve speed and eliminate lag, official website http://www.memoriandroid.com/entradas-blog?dir=/blog/index.php/rom-medroid-ics-nexus-one

for testing only, not everything is functional at this time.

installation:
    - zip made and tested in amonra recovery
    - Make a prior nandbackup
    - Full wipe
    - Install the rom

this works:
    - Touch screen
    - Capacitive buttons
    - launcher
    - Lock screen
    - widgets
    - The entire interface in general
    - trackball
    - Gallery 50%
    - Sd memory

This does not work:
    - wifi
    - sound
    - camera
    - Mobile network
    - 3g
    - Its lagy and slow
    - autobrigtness control, use manual

to improve lag and speed do the following

adjustments - developer options - and enable "force cpu rendering"

also

adjustments - developer options and disable "windows animation scale" and "transition anomation scale"

we are working and playing with drivers and kernels to run the following:
    - wifi
    - 3g
    - sound
    - And improving and accelerating the speed of the interface

Direct dowload: http://memoriandroid.com/medroidfile/MeDroid_N1_ICS_test_rom_03.zip
    original post http://www.memoriandroid.com/entradas-blog?dir=/blog/index.php/rom-medroid-ics-nexus-one

responsible for the cooking this rom is @xfiles memoriandroid team member, implementing their own scripts and drivers and kernel modifications to try to run most things, and make functional rom

thanx to @dr1337 for the github and base for this rom
    the flasheable zip its work correctly in amonRa recovery,

please make a nandroid backup first

and full wipe in few momenets i update the firts post

sorry for my english im from spain
    @zerodi Wifi seems to work so just go download the file via wifi or put the files whne you ar ein recovery mode