[DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

Search This thread

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Why, when I power on the p500, it goes to charge mode, instead of booting? Thanks

Just hold the power button a few seconds, will go past into boot mode

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Guyz white colour occuring in gmail in cm9 final by hephapy how to solve it?i cleared cache den to :eek::confused:

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

There is no fix for this, this problem is something which happens on many devices. Its a bug in webkit which powers the browser, only occurs in 3rd party apps (which means apps that use the webbrowser component provided in the SDK but is not the actual android browser). The best you can do, is clear your browser cache, or use the back button kill method which i find works well from time to time

Reactions: rachitshah

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
nope. I know how to enter from recovery, but I want to know if this is normal.

Probably 10 pages of this topic have been devoted to your question.

Yes it is normal and it is a bug. Some ics roms disable offline charging to avoid this. Others leave it enabled and you Java to hold down power after you see the icon. The LG logo will flash again and you can release the power button. Phone will boot

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

kennethso168

Jan 2, 2012
Hong Kong
DJ said he has done removing offline charging so the bug will be solved in the next build. (Looking forward to it as it's really frustrating to me)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
I recently got some random kernel panic regardless the OC or gov. I use Cronmod int2ext and I suspect it might be the cause, but before reflashing I wanted to ask if anyone experience the same behaviour. I also tried TA's ICS kernel and had the same KP. So ppl using completely stock hephappy final, do you experience kernel panic or random reboots at least once a day? Usually while rebooting to recovery or watching YouTube(not HQ).

Last edited:

NoyNoying

Aug 16, 2012
Manila NCR
battery life question

how's is the battery for this ROM. how many hours with wifi on always using twitter, facebook and yahoo messenger? :confused:

tonhao12

Mar 11, 2012
ics kernel

Hi everyone,

I came back to ics , right now i am using the final version from hephappy and i would like to know what it the best kernel for ics at moment?
The stock kernel seems to be good, smoothness and stability are noticeable, and battery drain is not disappointing. But i've seen people talking about the candiedIce kernel and i wonder if its better than the stock one considering these characteristics.

Thanks in advance.

tonhao12

Mar 11, 2012
Guys,I don't know if it helps, but hephappy also has a cm10 built which is pretty stable. Everithings working except Youtube HQ. It even has CRT animation, if your into that.

Hi fellow, i don't recall seeing any crt animation on this rom. What version are you talking about?

BR,

veeruvims

Dec 2, 2011
iQOO 7
Hephappy quadrant score on p500

Hi friends,
Tons of gratitude to all the developers on XDA & a big THANKS to Hephappy for his amazing ROM (9.1.1 final).Iam a Doc by profession & own a LG p500.I started with rooting & was fascinated by custom ROMs.I have tried CM 7 * 7.1 * 7.2 RC * & now Iam on Hephappy's final.
To begin with it's smooth & fast but battery drain is more compared to CM 7x (I feel so).Data connection probs on & off.One thing which was unexpected is the QUADRANT score.I don't know how far its important.But when I checked it was around 720 with OC 320/748 on PERFORMANCE gov.Where as with the same settings on CM 7 it was around 1200.
Two more things Iam missing in this are DSP manager not working for installed music players (apps) & Blacklist(call) not included in the settings which was present in CM RC 7.2.Hard keys light up on touching the screen everytime.Tethering is working fine for me & video playback is working fine on MX player.
Iam happy that I could run ICS on my LG p500 which I never thought would be possible,thanks to the dedicated team of XDA.Iam waiting to try the Stable CM10 (JB).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will get back to you soon as possible!!!
    Usb mass storage solved!

Finally I did it after couple of hours. It's problem of MTP USB windows drivers. After checking 'Mass storage' in phone, installing new 3.7.2 drivers, updating SDK to new version then you have to go to folder Windows/inf/ and delete this files wpdmtp.inf and wpdmtp.PNF but backup it FIRST!!.

After this procedure u will have full working USB Mass Storage :D
    As u know HepHappy has started a new thread for his new build of CM9 based on CAF Kernel,this thread means for all discussions & off-topics.So please share your experience with the rom & ofcourse the OTs :D
    PLEASE DO NOT POLLUTE THE DEV THREAD​

Details About The Rom

Link to the DEV thread -->> HERE

What works:
    - Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D (yamato)
    - Funny SIM (128k USIMs)
    - Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data
    - Wireless, Bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering
    - Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
    - Stereo audio, headset
    - GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
    - Usb Mass storage, Usb debugging
    - Browser, GMail, GPlay

What doesn't work:
    - Wifi tethering & USB tethering, Offline charging: needs usb driver update from 3.0 kernel
    - FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet
    - Camera: needs OpenMaX(omx) libraries for armv6 and kernel update

Releases are usefull for daily usage.
    It is almost stable, so it is called prerelease.

fvln9x.jpg

Link: update-cm-9.0.0-BLUEPILL-p500-FINAL-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-9.0.0-BLUEPILL-p500-FINAL-signed.zip

ICS 4.0.4 WEEKLIES (New Baseband only)

New downloadlocations will be made public HERE

Google Apps (Play, Talk, News and Weather)
    Link:gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Installation

Hold down VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys to enter recovery (AmonRA or CMW)
    Make a nandroid back up
    Make full wipe (except wipe sd) for the first time installation
    Flash from ZIP: Select ROM and reboot
    Flash GAPPS and reboot
    Have fun!

HOW TO SEND BUG REPORTS

Hold down VOL_DOWN + MENU keys for 2 seconds, release when vibrated.
    Wait 20-30 seconds, it will vibrate again.
    Send me: /sdcard/bugreports/bugreport.txt
    It's on DropBox, but it's suspended due to excessive bandwith :D
    Will upload to another place too.
    Now working on fixing volume problems, so you need to wait till that build is finished.

News from Hephappy

N E W S (Feb 23, 2013)
    9.2.ALPHA-GenetICS-PLUS has been released with 3.0.8 kernel

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j7mxfmohwq32zrm