Gmail From Ice Cream Sandwich

Search This thread

13lizzard

Feb 1, 2011
I want to restore my old gmail apk because the ics version always gets forced to close. But I'm not able to install the old one, it always fails... Is there another way to restore it?

I followed the same instructions from ics to restore the old apk without success. Plz help me out.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
use any file explorer with root permissions and or adb. Assuming a file explorer copy the old apk to the system app folder and paste, overwrite. Then either change the permisions on the app to match that of the other apps in your system folder, should be

xxo
xoo
xoo

then reboot

Reactions: 13lizzard

13lizzard

Feb 1, 2011
use any file explorer with root permissions and or adb. Assuming a file explorer copy the old apk to the system app folder and paste, overwrite. Then either change the permisions on the app to match that of the other apps in your system folder, should be

xxo
xoo
xoo

then reboot

It worked!! thx a lot

dan1101

Jan 6, 2012
I didn't have any luck getting the new Gmail to run on a rooted GB View. It still runs the old version (2.3.5.2) even though I exited Gmail, renamed /system/app/Gmail.apk to Gmail.apk.bak, replaced it with the new Gmail.apk, set the permissions, and rebooted.

It seems to be getting the app from somewhere else. Any ideas or is there just no way it will work on GB? I hate wasting all that screen real estate.

Flyer.michael

Jun 20, 2011
Landshut
THX

It's there a newer version out somewhere?

What about ics browser... Trying to get my hands on that one

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
I doubt the ICS browser will work on HC but I will give it a whirl when I get my flyer in hand. When I was running ICS though I did not notice any major differences between ICS and HC browsers. If it installs and runs I will post the APK

Reactions: Flyer.michael

Flyer.michael

Jun 20, 2011
Landshut
Thx, but I'm fine with the hc htc one I have... Mostly using opera because of best download function (chose path before downloading) one no zip and apk errors like in stock.

Last edited:

ahorner

Dec 28, 2010
Seems to be working great on HC! Moved old Gmail, copied new apk into /system/app and changed permissions, reboot and it works great! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gmail From Ice Cream Sandwich works on the Flyer using Honeycomb.
    Get it here. Has some GUI tweaks and better offline archive and attachment handling.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/24/gmail-from-ice-cream-sandwich-works-on-motorola-xoom/

xxo
    xoo
    xoo

then reboot
    I doubt the ICS browser will work on HC but I will give it a whirl when I get my flyer in hand. When I was running ICS though I did not notice any major differences between ICS and HC browsers. If it installs and runs I will post the APK
    Yea no go on ics browser but if you want stock honeycomb I can post that

FYI Google just released a gmail update for HC that includes ICS goodness. Check "Google Play"

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk