HTC One M7
SPRINT
S-ON
UNLOCKED
HBOOT 1.56
Radio 1.00.20.1108
OS 4.06.651.9
CM 11 20140504-SNAPSHOT

I need to restore my phone to a version of stock android (either an actual stock RUU or Android Revolution or whatever) so that I can get to the UICC option to turn off my SIM card (this setting is not available in CyanogenMod apparently).

Because I am on a newer firmware and because I am S-ON I do not seem to be able to install any of the (mostly older) RUUs I have found. Any suggestions? Is there an RUU for 4.06.651.9 that I am not seeing? Is there another way to roll back my OS to allow an older RUU to be installed? Another option altogether? A way to S-OFF while on CM?

Thanks for your help

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
HTC One M7
SPRINT
S-ON
UNLOCKED
HBOOT 1.56
Radio 1.00.20.1108
OS 4.06.651.9
CM 11 20140504-SNAPSHOT

I need to restore my phone to a version of stock android (either an actual stock RUU or Android Revolution or whatever) so that I can get to the UICC option to turn off my SIM card (this setting is not available in CyanogenMod apparently).

Because I am on a newer firmware and because I am S-ON I do not seem to be able to install any of the (mostly older) RUUs I have found. Any suggestions? Is there an RUU for 4.06.651.9 that I am not seeing? Is there another way to roll back my OS to allow an older RUU to be installed? Another option altogether? A way to S-OFF while on CM?

Thanks for your help

you can use this then take the OTA updates
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_sprint_3-04-651-2-zip/

pc010121

Jun 15, 2014
Is this the 3.04.651.2 RUU? If so, I already have a copy, and when I attempt to run the ARUwizard I get Error 155. Most likely I am doing something wrong. I just assumed that since I am already on 4.06.651.9 that the problem was I couldn't install the older 3.04.651.2 version. Thoughts?

Is this the 3.04.651.2 RUU? If so, I already have a copy, and when I attempt to run the ARUwizard I get Error 155. Most likely I am doing something wrong. I just assumed that since I am already on 4.06.651.9 that the problem was I couldn't install the older 3.04.651.2 version. Thoughts?

This is exactly the same issue I'm experiencing. Well, now I'm even beyond this point... I am only able to boot the phone to the bootloader.

Edit: I am relocked as I am S-ON. I can't update firmware as the signature check fails. Flashing the 3.04.651.2 zip has a signature verify fail, as well.

Last edited:

pc010121

Jun 15, 2014
Hope this helps

This is exactly the same issue I'm experiencing. Well, now I'm even beyond this point... I am only able to boot the phone to the bootloader.

If you can still boot to bootloader your phone is fine. You should still have recovery (TWRP?) on your phone I assume. Regardless here are some steps that should help:

1. Figure out if you are S-ON (is found on the bootloader screen)
2. If you are S-ON, try Rumrunner to get S-OFF (just google it). This will allow you to install any RUU regardless of your firmware.
3. If Rumrunner doesn't work or you don't want to go to S-OFF then download the 4.06 RUU here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910

The problem is your firmware is ahead of the corresponding firmware of the 3.X release. As such you have to install from the newer RUU.

If you can still boot to bootloader your phone is fine. You should still have recovery (TWRP?) on your phone I assume. Regardless here are some steps that should help:

1. Figure out if you are S-ON (is found on the bootloader screen)
2. If you are S-ON, try Rumrunner to get S-OFF (just google it). This will allow you to install any RUU regardless of your firmware.
3. If Rumrunner doesn't work or you don't want to go to S-OFF then download the 4.06 RUU here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910

The problem is your firmware is ahead of the corresponding firmware of the 3.X release. As such you have to install from the newer RUU.

Actually, it seems that the phone is wiped; I can't boot my recovery. As a result, I can't really get S-OFF. I'll try the 4.06 RUU, but would it make a difference that it's .4 and not .9?

EDIT: I'm talking out of my ass right now. Long day, and this isn't helping. I am figuring it out; unlocked the bootloader, and now things seem to be functional. Well, except CM doesn't seem to want to boot any longer, but that shouldn't matter for long.

EDIT 2: How can I get S-OFF without enabling debugging? As of right now, CM is just in a boot loop.

Last edited:

clintonbaskoff

Aug 19, 2014
Sim Unlock Sprint HTC One Max

I almost cannot believe how many different ROMs I've tried to flash after wiping out my original ROM.

Bootloader unlocked and rooted I managaged to relock the bootloader while trying to fastboot flash a stock ROM, which also failed.

Beleive it or not, I've have found a couple that will boot up with my Sprint HTC One Max . I was able to re-unlock the bootloader, flash a new rom and even recover user data I had backed up to my PC via adb backup.

All this for not, as I still cannot find a Sense ROM that will flash on my device and allow me to unnlock the Sim via Sim Unlock Helper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
Sprint HTC One T6WL S-OFF
CID-SPCS_001
HBOOT-2.49.000
RADIO-1.48.50.0425

I recall reading somewhere that the Unlock Sim Helper should work on Sense 4.1.2 ROM. ????