Sweet Chiid Of Mine Q&A Thread

Search This thread
May 7, 2011
Erikk i <3 Your ROM .
But im pretty pissed right now because i am not able to use it .
I did the gremlin remover thing and installed scom v3.5 and then v4 on it as you posted the new ver next day .
Now the kernel on v4 took all my battery out in 12-14 hours so i followed ur advice to install some other kernel .
ive tried 2 kernels one is sms-T959V-KJ6-v0.0.2d-unsigned-update
other is stock+Voodoo-T959VKJ1-unsigned-update
after insalling both ive tried everyhting from clearing dalvik cache normal cache .
not doing anything , clearing only 1 of the two etc (all possible PnC)
but the wifi,data,bluetooth,GPS dont turn on (or sometimes OFF)
wifi sometimes works but bluetooth has neevr worked after a reboot . Is that something wrong with my installation process or i am choosing wrong kernels or is it the rom :S

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Erikk i <3 Your ROM .
But im pretty pissed right now because i am not able to use it .
I did the gremlin remover thing and installed scom v3.5 and then v4 on it as you posted the new ver next day .
Now the kernel on v4 took all my battery out in 12-14 hours so i followed ur advice to install some other kernel .
ive tried 2 kernels one is sms-T959V-KJ6-v0.0.2d-unsigned-update
other is stock+Voodoo-T959VKJ1-unsigned-update
after insalling both ive tried everyhting from clearing dalvik cache normal cache .
not doing anything , clearing only 1 of the two etc (all possible PnC)
but the wifi,data,bluetooth,GPS dont turn on (or sometimes OFF)
wifi sometimes works but bluetooth has neevr worked after a reboot . Is that something wrong with my installation process or i am choosing wrong kernels or is it the rom :S

I am having no problems with wifi and Bluetooth to turn on but try reflashing then turn on Bluetooth first then wifi I see that works for alot more people better. As for kernel it does drain battery with latest but 2d should be good, I'm on rc3.

if you ain't first you're last :)

May 7, 2011
hmm . rc3 is the one that is on the rom right ?
Ill use it then :/
But please can you tel me if i need to wipe anything before or after installing kernel via cwm ?

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Rc3 isn't on v4, the latest kernel is on v4.

As for flashing kernel rc3 reboots after install so no need to clear anything.

Ta_VolcoM

Nov 9, 2011
Quick Question for yea Erik

Hey bud first off love your rom man. Ive only got one question though. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the option to pick which text messages you want to delete. For some reason when i go into my messages and want to delete just a few and keep some i only see the option to delete them all. I see in the call logs the option is still there to check which ones you want to delete, but its gone in the text messages area. Maybe ive overlooked a option somewhere, but for the life of me cant seem to figure it out.

Last edited:

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Hey bud first off love your rom man. Ive only got one question though. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the option to pick which text messages you want to delete. For some reason when i go into my messages and want to delete just a few and keep some i only see the option to delete them all. I see in the call logs the option is still there to check which ones you want to delete, but its gone in the text messages area. Maybe ive overlooked a option somewhere, but for the life of me cant seem to figure it out.

Im not using hte rom but have you tried long pressing the actual message? IIRC it will ask if you want to delete that message or the entire thread.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles

You can hold the thread you want to delete and then a pop-up will say delete thread and u press it to delete just that thread

Ta_VolcoM

Nov 9, 2011
Yea i know i'm able to do that, but what im talking about is in the main messages screen. Where it shows you all your threads. Like say ive got 20 conversations going and want to delete all of them, but one or two that might have a pic or something important in it that i want to save. Instead of long pressing all other 19 messages and deleting them individually. There use to be a option where you can press the check all mark and then uncheck the one you wanted to keep. Hope this makes sense. lol;)

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
It's called batch mode.

Add: And the song came on when I pushed submit.

Last edited:

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Im looking at the changelog and features dont see anything saying it uses a different messaging app. So.

Have you hit the menu button>more>delete messages? That seems to works on unnamed which is built on the same base as this rom.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Im looking at the changelog and features dont see anything saying it uses a different messaging app. So.

Have you hit the menu button>more>delete messages? That seems to works on unnamed which is built on the same base as this rom.

It does have a different messaging app and it was in an earlier changelog but people were complaining that they were getting confused.with what was the new release so....eh the messaging app on mine only deletes them singular or batch like lumin said

@lumin the song came on? huh?

Reactions: eollie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well I am currently sleep deprived lol but noticed my countdown clock is set for 4:44am when it should of been 4:44pm today! :p

so....today 4:44 pm check post #2 for v.4.4 and a surprise :D
    In an effort to keep SCOMs dev thread clean and streamlined please post all of your questions here.

Thanks
    No luck with your suggestion hechoen. Running GR again (even though I did that before this flash) and will reflash. Checked the MD5 and that's good.

That's what worked for me. One other thing that I think has worked for some on other ROMs with this issue is to turn on bluetooth and while it's doing it's thing reboot the phone. If that doesn't work get a log to erikmm and he'll let you know what else to try.

It does have a different messaging app and it was in an earlier changelog but people were complaining that they were getting confused.with what was the new release so....eh the messaging app on mine only deletes them singular or batch like lumin said

@lumin the song came on? huh?
    @hechoen
    I couldn't quote on app idk why lol but nice palindrome & song lol

Also check your Gmail.