[ODIN][Radio] I545VRUAME7

Search This thread

titos1997

Nov 27, 2008
all links seem to be dead. Modem.bin isn't working keep getting fail, besides what radio is the modem.bin on front page?

cwazpitt3

Dec 6, 2010
Forgive my question, I'm not a newb but I'm a little nervous about radios and modems.

So I have a rooted MDK s4 running the 4.4.2 developer edition rom. The signal is terrible. When I used to run hyper drive it was fine (guessing it's Kk) Looking for improvements. I've never updated my modem or anything but did frequently on the gnex. Should I follow the directions in the Op or is there something else I should know it be concerned about?

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

heath2805

Sep 28, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Forgive my question, I'm not a newb but I'm a little nervous about radios and modems.

So I have a rooted MDK s4 running the 4.4.2 developer edition rom. The signal is terrible. When I used to run hyper drive it was fine (guessing it's Kk) Looking for improvements. I've never updated my modem or anything but did frequently on the gnex. Should I follow the directions in the Op or is there something else I should know it be concerned about?

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Go to the link above yours. Then go to the first post. You can flash any modem in recovery. I've tried them all, you just got to find the one that works best for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usual warnings: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone blah blah blah

I yanked the radio out and flashed it via ODIN from the update that's been floating around for those that want to play with it. Flashed it on mine and doesn't seem to have caused any issues (at least on CM). After a day's worth of testing I am noticing that I do get better reception in areas that are trouble areas for me normally.

Note: CM didn't like the new DSP in the NON-HLOS.bin and gave me no audio. I reverted back to just using the new modem.bin file for now and the revert file here can be used if needed. This will restore you to the old HLOS and modem. Just flash the modem.bin below by itself without the HLOS file if you just want the radio updates.I have removed the HLOS file and instructions for the time being until developers update ROMs to be compatible. Using the updated modem is fine by itself.

- Download File

- Flash modem.bin in ODIN under PHONE and wait for PASS! (ODIN did seem to hang for a moment while the phone processed. Don't panic)

- Reboot (if you didn't have it set to do so in ODIN)

- Profit?

Post your results/findings to help other users :)

Note: If your phone has rebooted and hasn't cleared "reset" into "pass" in ODIN it's not the end of the world. As long as it was successful flashing (lower left corner of ODIN) and is currently booted into android after reboot, you're fine.

Updated Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?jm2d34gb88jx32m
    Revert File: http://www.mediafire.com/?242ruwpbqtcssd0

MD5 of updated Radio: 168FB171A19362678B73409C90F0DD61
    MD5 of Revert package: 7232DCCB4C00A940B24B8FB1163D7FF0
    So I am on MDK still...is it a bad idea to try this radio out if I am not on ME7? I am on Hyperdrive

No, you can try out the two and decide which one is better
    here are flashable.zip files you can flash in recovery, much easier IMO

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

credit to hlxanthus for the files.
    Can someone do Flashable zip with radio,I want try to flaf it on sprints4, via odin it chek cheksums.

These are in order of release. The second of course is the version of the modem from the OP. For people who don't like the new radio, just flash the MDK version. This is ONLY the modem.bin for each. I have tested both as working.

These are loaded through Goo.IM so if you download them directly to your phone and the GooManager app it verifies MD5 automatically. Either download within GooManager and my name, or from the below links and choose GooManager as the download option when prompted.

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ]
    I am willing to give this a shot since you mentioned it helped with your signal in your apt. In my case my location is kinda problematic because of how close it is to Verizon's home network, but I am physically located within the extended network. So in my apartment my signal fluctuates quite a bit, and more so depending on which room I am in (my living room must be close enough to get the home network, but my bedroom is just outside of it's reach).

**Just got done and here's the results - I was able to flash the modem.bin you posted on my stock rooted phone and right off the bat things seem to be better signal wise. After rebooting the phone there were no issues that I can see or find, everything seems to be functioning correctly. Phone calls seem to sound a little better (I have no idea if it's a fluke because of the hour or the new radio), and data hasn't been impacted at all.

I also noticed a small improvement in the signal strength readings, but I will keep monitoring it to make sure it's not a random fluke.
    No, you can try out the two and decide which one is better
    here are flashable.zip files you can flash in recovery, much easier IMO

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

credit to hlxanthus for the files.
    Worked great! Flashed ME 7 radio last night without Odin!

You should add this option to the OP! :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2