[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 [v7.1] V500

Search This thread

Drgravy

Mar 22, 2012
posted a new build:D

all the youtube/netflix issues have been fixed
added support for QC-time daemon (remembers the correct time on reboot also sets the correct time in recovery)

seems to be running like a champ now!

ALT DU_TBO gapps have been updated also

Last edited:

xyojimbox

Aug 12, 2010

added support for QC-time daemon (remembers the correct time on reboot also sets the correct time in recovery)

Wow lots of customizing awesome! Will you ever add theme chooser?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cuben

Aug 17, 2010
I still get issues with the YouTube app on 7.1, I haven't been able to play anything, it just states that an error has occurred.

Cleared cache / data on YouTube but still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Drgravy

Mar 22, 2012
I still get issues with the YouTube app on 7.1, I haven't been able to play anything, it just states that an error has occurred.

Cleared cache / data on YouTube but still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

hmm not sure why that is happening for you
every video I try works just fine
can you provide a logcat of the error so I can see what's going on

also you did a clean flash?
link to the gapps package you are using?
are you using any exposed mods?

SafirSwe

Aug 7, 2012
Stockholm
I haven't flashed this yet as I'm not home for a few days, so I thought I'd ask instead. Is there a setting to keep the navbar to the right when rotating the tablet to landscape mode? Also, how much is the navbar customizable? Looks awesome and I'll probably flash it either way, just really curious. :)

krolla03

Jun 29, 2007
Portland
I can not charge my tablet without it being turned on. If i turn the tablet off and then plug it into the wall it automatically turns back on

Moe5508

Jun 18, 2007
www.manicorp.com
So likely to see a new build out soon...this looks like its on a monthly release schedule :)
So many different ROMs by the same Devs, its hard for me to choose and settle on one...scratch...scratch...

Bill_windows

Sep 10, 2013
Im using this rom 2 days now,i tried the other ones but i found some strange issues,on this one i got only the navbar probem but that is nothing because im using the UDN NAVBAR PRO so im ok with that,i like this rom a lot.
Question : is there an update section in this rom?i didint found anything

D

Deleted member 2943498

Your continuous questions are nerve-wracking... Why do you revive such an old thread?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    8nlx8GG.png

YFnb11h.png

Dirty Unicorns is a custom ROM built with stability in mind and optional customization. The idea to start this ROM began out of pure boredom around 4.1.2 on the EVO 3D and later turned into a form of an addiction (a good one) to see where we could go from there. We have since expanded to more devices to include the HTC One, Nexus 5, SGS4 and many more. We quickly realize that users loved what we were doing as well as other developers because it was done the right way. We've always had fun doing it and take pride in knowing that we've done it without having to bug the end user for donations to pay for server costs and/or any of those sob stories you hear. This ROM is 100 percent free and will remain that way.​

Those wanting to use our ROM as a base are more the welcomed to do so but please maintained the credits/thanks below, do not ask for donations as it wouldn't be fair to do so considering and let us know as we often like to contribute to other projects.

lzJ65ds.png

As stated above, we love to maintain authorship but we also like to publicly praise those that have helped us along the way with our wonderful project. With that said, this wouldn't be possible without the work and help of those listed below :) THANK YOU ALL!!

| OmniROM | AOKP | CM | ChaOS | Paranoid Android | Slim ROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Please check our gerrit/github for full credits/thanks of individual contributors​
    Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.

l6fuMTF.png

Code:
    -- Option to disable FC notifications
    -- Ad-free toggle (Hosts file manager)
    -- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- PDroid patches included
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot Option
    -- Appbar (ribbons)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Halo size changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod (only for HW button devices)
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- SuperSU (chainfire)
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Toast Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode 
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options
    -- System App Remover
    -- DU Download Center
    -- Identicons
    -- Suspend Actions
    -- Wakelock Actions
    -- SlimROM based recents
    -- Contextual notification panel headers
    -- SlimROMs privacy guard
    -- Blacklist calls/sms

And much much more, just take a peek into Dirty Tweaks and ENJOY!!!

HZBowvA.png

https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/android_kernel_lge_v500

pPJ7Tgv.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your device
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

oSS44g8.png

-- Have not seen any issues but if you do, please provide as much information as possible and/or a logcat

qLmVBIj.png

Check the merge section of our gerrit http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

OWX5tu1.png

DOWNLOAD LINK - du_v500_20140508-1108.zip
    mirror added: du_v500_20140508-1108.zip
    GAPPS LINK - http://androidalex.us/Gapps/4.4.2/PA%20Gapps/PA_Gapps_4.4.2.zip
    ALT. GAPPS (Team Blackout) - http://www.androidalex.us/dl/spaceman/Gapps/DU_TBO_Gapps_04-19.zip

7hJEytG.png

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
    Please keep in mind that in our Google+ community, we like to post test builds to fix bugs and/or gauge what the user would like to see in this ROM.
    With this said, if you would like to test out an experimental build (might not be stable) please check out our G+ community.

Github source (4.4.2) - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
    Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/

If you would like to submit a patch to our ROM, please use our gerrit as pull requests often go unnoticed.
    All patches are welcomed and reviewed in a timely matter :)

For more screenshots, please visit this imgur gallery - http://imgur.com/a/KRhfq#0

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!
    Nice rom, thx.

I found one major bug so far: Nav bar is missing when screen is rotated with 270°. I hope you can fix that.

glad you like it and yeah I'm looking into that

Smooth, fast and stable. My games are running better than ever. Rotation sticks after using in landscape mode sometimes, but really liking this. A few too many options, but mainly because I don't use all of that. I can learn to. Thanks for this.

also glad your liking this, one great thing about too many options is you don't have to use them all if you don't want to

also just wanted to let you guys know I'll be putting up test builds in our G+ community in between releases
    one for later

Hi,
    I was having a bad time trying to find a proper qcom display sources for slim.
    Can i use yours?
    Are these direct copy from cm branches?
    Thanks in advance

yes basically they are qcom media/display from cm with modified makefiles

with these flags in the BoardConfig.mk
    TARGET_QCOM_DISPLAY_VARIANT := v500
    TARGET_QCOM_MEDIA_VARIANT := v500

also look at the du.dependencies file in the device tree