[APP][ANDROID 3.0+] WiFi Connection Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I don't think this will save battery . Enabling , disabling , enabling is same as scaning . Just untick notify when open network is in range , then wifi sleep to allways and edit wifi scan time on build.prop and that's it. No need for third party app for each settings you have on phone . For me this thype of apps are useless and they just eat your battery while screaming they save it :D

And in the end if you are really lazzy to do those steps just pull down your notiff bar and simplt thype on WIFI icon :D that's it.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: kpirnie

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Interesting. Have been using to aids and wonder how this would coexist or replace them.

1. Hotspot managers. Started with the tiny but simple and effective Y5. This started FCing with JB so went over to Whiz. Do not know how effective this one is. One needs to name the hotspots and each one may have several. Y5 did all this automatically. Basic premise is to turn off WIFI went no in favorite hotspots. May be rendered less useful by

2. 2xBatterysave, DSBattersave, etc. When screen is off, allow data and WIFI access periodically for a short time, i.e. every 15 minutes for 30 seconds. Enough to stay more or less in sync but very effective saving battery.

This app would seem to be a replacement for the hotspot managers. Too many of those use GPS (as one poster suggested for this one). Y5 and Whiz do not which is why I chose them. The paid version of DSBattersaver will toggle GPS along with the data and WIFI. But this app would also seem to compete with the battersavers. Wonder how use of both would interract? Recommended?

WIFI battery drain is a particular severe problem on recent ROMs on my LG P500 so such apps become critical.

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
there is a typo in the airplaine settings, it says " Don" instead of "Don't" or do not

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
More on my post:

Maybe this app should take over the scheduling functionality when the screen is off. Probably best not to use with the other apps. Alternative might be a tasker interface.

D

Deleted member 267841

I don't think this will save battery . Enabling , disabling , enabling is same as scaning . Just untick notify when open network is in range , then wifi sleep to allways and edit wifi scan time on build.prop and that's it. No need for third party app for each settings you have on phone . For me this thype of apps are useless and they just eat your battery while screaming they save it :D

And in the end if you are really lazzy to do those steps just pull down your notiff bar and simplt thype on WIFI icon :D that's it.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

While your WIFI is enabled (and not connected), Android is searching (automatically) for networks each "scan.wifi_supplicant_interval" seconds.
"scan.wifi_supplicant_interval" is a system param and normally has a value between 30 - 300 seconds.
Due to that, the system is performing a scan practically every time, and wasting battery!

Trialz Nexus One

Jul 2, 2012
I tried this having read the review in the portal. I have installed on all my devices. Issue I have is that only the kit Kat device is allowed access to advance settings. My JB 4.2.2 and JB4.1.1 devices are both fully rooted just like the kit Kat one but access to advanced options in settings is greyed out. Is this normal?

Sent from my LG-P936

D

Deleted member 267841

I tried this having read the review in the portal. I have installed on all my devices. Issue I have is that only the kit Kat device is allowed access to advance settings. My JB 4.2.2 and JB4.1.1 devices are both fully rooted just like the kit Kat one but access to advanced options in settings is greyed out. Is this normal?

Sent from my LG-P936

Hmmm...
This is due to your ROM don't defines the wifi.scan_supplicant_interval in build.prop.
No problem, I will update in next app version, that's coming... :)
Thanks for report it!

D

Deleted member 267841

New functions are coming:

* Activate wifi by cell phone location
* Automatic temporally deactivation of the background service if user disables the wifi (Jelly Bean and higher)
* Automatic background service reactivation if user enables the wifi (Jelly Bean and higher)

Reactions: kpirnie
D

Deleted member 267841

New BETA

Hi,

I attach a new version of the app, that isn't published from the Play Store now.

Is beta and is not finished, but I have spend some time in development and I need to test if really is saving battery...

This new version is fully based into phone cells, not in time, and enables/disables wifi depending the phone cell.

This new version learns from and is fully configurable (goto settings).

Note that: status bar and set scan_supplicant_interval isn't working in this version.

Please, I appreciate if you can install, enable wifi background service (the check at top-right of the screen)
and do your normal life. After a few days, when the app has learn, please, let me know if you're saving battery.

THANKS

** Edit: Download removed and posted a new one in next page.

Last edited by a moderator:

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
I buy pro version from play store, and i have a quastion. What option select to automatic wifi on when lcd on ? Because no Poland translate..

D

Deleted member 267841

Very glad to introduce the RC for the 2.0 version of "Wireless Manager".
Is entirely based on phone cells instead of time.
Test it, when possible.

** Edit: Download removed and posted one new version in next page...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    DESCRIPTION

The Wifi consumes a lot of battery, this is a really, and the main consumption occurs while the system is looking for a network to connect (which happens when we are not connected to a wifi network).

This app attempts to minimize the battery consumption, and does so in a very simple way: turning off the wifi, which translates into a real battery saver.

So, when it detects that the device has been disconnected from a wireless network, and after waiting a reasonable time (configurable), the hardware wifi going to off.

A few minutes later (configurable), the wifi hardware is reactivated and system scans for some seconds (configurable) searching for available networks.

If it hasn't been possible to establish a wifi connection, the hardware back off again and, therefore, to stop consuming resources.

Furthermore, to increase the battery saving, the application increases the delay between two consecutive wifi activations in each attempt (to a configurable limit).

The application also allows you to add notifications in the status bar, view the history of connections (PRO version), auto disable while airplane mode active, etc.

CONFIGURABLE TIMES

First deactivation time: After a wifi connection was lost, or after device boot, this is the time that system wait before start managing the wifi hardware.

Deactivation time: When the wifi hardware is disabled, this is the time that app waits before activate the wifi again. Increase this time to save battery, but note that system can't establish a wifi connection during this time, even if a wifi network in the range.

Deactivation increase time: This is the time that is added to the deactivation time each time that app deactivate the wifi, in order to save battery.

Max deactivation time: This is the maximum deactivation time. The system cannot increase the wifi deactivation time over this value (in each deactivation).

Activation time: This is the time that wifi remains activated in each check. Decrease this time to save battery.

DOWNLOAD

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager

attachment.php

XDA GIFT

People from XDA can use the app PRO features without pay via a PROMO code (this PROMO code allows to access all PRO features but shows Ads).
    In order to redeem it do this:

1) Enter app
    2) Open app settings
    3) Go the page down and click (7 times) in the last preference (the preference that shows the app version) [the key only works for version 1.2.16 and higher]
    4) In the dialog enter the key above (none of your accounts are shared or sent to our servers)
    5) Press "accept" button

Code:
    dYjVJoq6WBdVE5/GMbHH9RCOquNbFC6sbfAxvECOi0x5SQg2TLXgZi2n63t5sqT8P7AWYT5g1984lyrtwuIQHx1zvgwazm6Z3QKqFqMZSkL/LbbNqJbvkxXNmwk20tRSh8vgWkT1dfiJ3SgyF4qn3GkpWrg8sM1zTOX6LJ0CMw0=

If you use the key provided above, please consider to click in the Ads sometimes or buy the PRO version (via In App purchase) in order to access to some future functionalities (and remove annoying Ads).

Please, don't share the key above in other forums.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    I think this app could be even more useful if it was possible to combine wifi search with gps location. So the app could use more energy searching for wifi when phone is near a location previously registered as having wifi connection available, like when I'm near my home. Please consider to implement a configurable feature like this.

Location via GPS uses a lot of battery.
    I'm planning to add TELEPHONY location (location via phone cells, that don't uses additional battery) in a near future.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    I didn't really understand these two times. Could you pls explain with an example?

1) Device is connected to a wifi network

2) The wifi connection is lost
    3) If before "first deactivation time" a wifi connection is established then goto 1 else goto 3b
    3b) "deactivation time" is the configured value for "deactivation time" then goto 4
    4) disable wifi and count "deactivation time" minutes and goto 5
    5) enable wifi
    6) if before "activation time" a wifi connection is established then goto 1 else goto 7
    7) add "deactivation increase time" to "deactivation time" then goto 8
    8) if new "deactivation time" is higher to "max deactivation time" then set "deactivation time=max deactivation time" then goto 4

:)
    I think this app could be even more useful if it was possible to combine wifi search with gps location. So the app could use more energy searching for wifi when phone is near a location previously registered as having wifi connection available, like when I'm near my home. Please consider to implement a configurable feature like this.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    Difference between free and pro?

For now the only difference are the presence of ads and the ability show connections history.
    In the future, I don't know :)