Chicago
For now download zip from here.

Put it in /system/bin and chmod it to 0755 like this:
Code:
cd system/bin
su
chmod 0755 zip

That should fix things for now.

Pardon the noob question, but how do I do that? By using ADB? Terminal? or program like Root Explorer?
Thanks.

Well, I just put the ZIP file in there without chmod and everything worked on Dwang latest clean. The only couple items I am not sure about are Droid drawer cause I got old tab as a result and I haven't tried Eclair lock screen. I just couldn't find Ericsson Lock screen for Dwang that supposed to be installed prior morphing.

Last edited:

djengizz

Aug 20, 2009
Pardon the noob question, but how do I do that? By using ADB? Terminal? or program like Root Explorer?
Thanks.
It's not needed anymore, Stericson fixed it.
Just redownload and make sure it says MetaMorph V0.5 when you open the MetaMorph application.
The only couple items I am not sure about are Droid drawer cause I got old tab as a result and I haven't tried Eclair lock screen. I just couldn't find Ericsson Lock screen for Dwang that supposed to be installed prior morphing.

Link to the latest lockscreen is here. I'm not sure this works on Dwang though since it's compiled against cyans source.

The problem with the Droid app drawer is a strange one. I just applied it and it works fine.
Do you use AdvancedLauncher as a separate home replacement by any chance? If so try the MotoDroid themed AdvancedLauncher Morph. That should give you the Droid app drawer on AL.

acidwashg1

Jul 27, 2009
Los Angeles
Just redownload and make sure it says MetaMorph V0.5 when you open the MetaMorph application.

after seeing your endorsement of metamorph in your stock theme thread, I started to look into the script version of metamorph. never got around to installing it. I had some free time today on turkey day to check things out, only to find out that there was an apk version. the apk version is really looking mature, I have v0.5 installed and it works really well. I had v0.7.1 of your theme flashed and I used metamorph to add your transparency pack and the alternative eclair lockscreen. after two reboots, android is looking dead sexy. I hope metamorph really takes off.

here is my one request: black notification bar with transparency? if anyone has time, I'm sure the community would appreciate it =)

djengizz

Aug 20, 2009
here is my one request: black notification bar with transparency? if anyone has time, I'm sure the community would appreciate it =)
Yup, the MetaMorph application makes things a lot easier.

And i know i have been promising the black bar mod for a while now but i'm still looking into the specifics of changing the text color (luckily AndroidFiend is helping me out on this one). To be honest i never did text color changes before but i'm sure i can manage. I've just been to busy lately.

Also i want to make sure i understand the version / ROM dependencies of the files i need to edit for a black bar mod, especially when i create the bb mod as a morph.

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
ok guys, so i've been working on morphs for 2.0 Eclair. This is my very first morph i'm proud to contribute. I'm also currently working on a transparency morph theme for 2.0. however, it'll take me some time to complete. First i wanna give major MAJOR props to djengizz for greatly helping me out!!! This dude is awesome. without further adieu: attached is the Eclair settings menu icons in full
color!! along with screenshots

http://rapidshare.com/files/312973641/Eclair-Settings.zip.html

These settings were tested on eugene's eclair aosp11 however it can be flashed to any ECLAIR rom.

Attachments

• CAP200911270305.jpg
    CAP200911270305.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,500
  • CAP200911270306.jpg
    CAP200911270306.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,648
  • CAP200911270307.jpg
    CAP200911270307.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,336

djengizz

Aug 20, 2009
I've added a complete 1.6 theme template to the OP.

A word of caution:
It's a 58 subtheme morph so applying it all at once might take a while. You could also use it by picking subthemes to only revert the apks you want back to stock donut.

There might be subthemes in there that are not in your ROM but the MetaMorph app will just skip those. Also it's stock donut to keep compatibility with the different 1.6 ROMs as much as possible.

This means for example that someone running Cyanogen and using this template will lose all the bits Cyanogen included that are not stock Donut (bootscreen, cyans app drawer, his new eclair icons, etc.). If you want the exact look-and-feel from your own ROM back you need to reflash the ROM (no wipe needed).

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago

Link to the latest lockscreen is here. I'm not sure this works on Dwang though since it's compiled against cyans source.

The problem with the Droid app drawer is a strange one. I just applied it and it works fine.
Do you use AdvancedLauncher as a separate home replacement by any chance? If so try the MotoDroid themed AdvancedLauncher Morph. That should give you the Droid app drawer on AL.

Ya, I do have AL as a standalone.

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
Ok so I got a 2.0 Eclair Transparency Pack ready for release :) It includes: App tab, Notification bar, music widget, power control widget, and alarm clock widget. I decided to leave out the calendar widget because of the sync issues. But sure enough here are the screenshots :) download link will be available via OP whenever my man djengizz gets a chance, enjoy.

Attachments

• CAP200911271536.jpg
    CAP200911271536.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,407
  • CAP200911271632.jpg
    CAP200911271632.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 882
  • CAP200911271538.jpg
    CAP200911271538.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 678
  • CAP2009112716321.jpg
    CAP2009112716321.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 559

tmusall

May 9, 2009
Carmel
Lost camera icons

Wanted to say I really like this morphing system! Kudos to you all.

Applied full 'Android 2.0 Stock Theme' morph, rebooted and found I had lost the camera/camcorder icons in the app tray. Camera.apk still exists in /system/app but there was no way to launch it. Manage applications also didn't see a camera app. Restored nandroid backup and applied all morphs but camera and everything is fine. Applied morph to CM 4.2.5 using metamorph V0.6. Any idea why that particular app would cause problems?

jroid

Jan 8, 2009

Applied full 'Android 2.0 Stock Theme' morph, rebooted and found I had lost the camera/camcorder icons in the app tray. Camera.apk still exists in /system/app but there was no way to launch it. Manage applications also didn't see a camera app. Restored nandroid backup and applied all morphs but camera and everything is fine. Applied morph to CM 4.2.5 using metamorph V0.6. Any idea why that particular app would cause problems?

when u apply a morph most of the time u don't have to reboot the phone, that's actually one of the main reasons for metamorph. unless of course u make changes to the framework-res.apk then it would require a reboot. as far as ur issue i've no idea why that would happen

djengizz

Aug 20, 2009

Hmm, i haven't seen this problem and until moments ago i was on 4.2.5 and the MetaMorph full theme as well.
Maybe try upgrading to 4.2.6 and see if that fixes things. If not a log would be helpful cause i can't reproduce this and my camera works fine.

harpreet1988

Dec 11, 2008
djengizz I downloaded your morph pack, but it Metamorph gives an error.

Theme control file could not be read. The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file may be missing.

djengizz

Aug 20, 2009
djengizz I downloaded your morph pack, but it Metamorph gives an error.

Theme control file could not be read. The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file may be missing.
The Morph pack itself is not a MetaMorph file.
It contains all my Morphs but still needs to be unzipped to a folder called AndroidThemes on your sdcard.

Once that is done you have all the separate morphs and you can apply them using the MM app.

AtariLM

Apr 26, 2009
The Morph pack itself is not a MetaMorph file.
It contains all my Morphs but still needs to be unzipped to a folder called AndroidThemes on your sdcard.

Once that is done you have all the separate morphs and you can apply them using the MM app.

2.0 Stock Theme and Transparency pack give the same error

Top Liked Posts