[ROM] [SGH-I757M only] CyanogenMod 10 (ALPHA)

Search This thread

wyild1

Sep 15, 2010
Saskatchewan
Morning!

Just got this phone free from my work and thanks for getting CM and Clockwork on it! I wont be using this device for calls/sms and such (still love my Galaxy Nexus as that daily driver) but this will be my media player/kick toy. So if you want some testers......just dont make me use ODIN damnit!!!!! haha

Cheers!

graperkins

Jan 27, 2011
I compiled CM10 this morning using dxixda's instructions on github and installed it ok. Only thing I've noticed is that there's no "Data Usage" option in the settings menu. Investigation into this while I'm sitting at work seems to be that an option in the kernel defconfig file needs to be either added, or changed, but I'm not sure what option it is. Not sure if the version posted by crlogic has this issue as well as I never installed that.

Also, I'm receiving next to no video flicker with the rom I built, and still have HW overlays enabled. The frame rate of the home screen is almost on par with CM9 I'd say...there's no noticable drop in FPS during scrolling like previous versions of CM9 from dsixda.

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston
I compiled CM10 this morning using dxixda's instructions on github and installed it ok. Only thing I've noticed is that there's no "Data Usage" option in the settings menu. Investigation into this while I'm sitting at work seems to be that an option in the kernel defconfig file needs to be either added, or changed, but I'm not sure what option it is. Not sure if the version posted by crlogic has this issue as well as I never installed that.

Also, I'm receiving next to no video flicker with the rom I built, and still have HW overlays enabled. The frame rate of the home screen is almost on par with CM9 I'd say...there's no noticable drop in FPS during scrolling like previous versions of CM9 from dsixda.

Can't say that I've checked "Data Usage" either as I'm not using CM10 as my daily driver yet.

What I can say is that I have seen daily updates to the CM10 repo for our android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common kernel and I suspect that we will see improvements with each build. Because of the frequent updates I only plan on posting a new build on a weekly basis.

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
crlogic: Do you have a link to your dev-host folder that I can put on the first post (as well as in the CM9 thread)?

Thanks!

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston
How's it running now?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app

It ran for ~4 hours before it hard locked. This is a significant improvement over a few days ago where it would lock/reboot within the hour.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

crlogic: Do you have a link to your dev-host folder that I can put on the first post (as well as in the CM9 thread)?

Thanks!

http://d-h.st/users/crlogic

Jun 28, 2012
It ran for ~4 hours before it hard locked. This is a significant improvement over a few days ago where it would lock/reboot within the hour.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

It may have been placebo but I noticed a huge improvement to the FPS in this build. I actually ran it for a good 4 hours before it finally locked while I was using some Google+ stuff. Is there anything in the future I can send you that might help?

Last edited:

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston

It may have been placebo but I noticed a huge improvement to the FPS in this build. I actually ran it for a good 4 hours before it finally locked while I was using some Google+ stuff. Is there anything in the future I can send you that might help?

I don't think it was placebo, I noticed the same thing but didn't mention it; I didn't want to rile up the crowd.

As for helping, I'll keep you in mind if I get stuck :)

globexdesigns

Aug 25, 2012
Only issue so far with the latest build, is when hold down the power button to go into the phone menu and select "silent mode" the phone freezes. Only a reboot bring it back up.

Minor: Camera app also never connects on the first try. Says "Can't connect to camera". But always works when you relaunch it again.

Last edited:

graperkins

Jan 27, 2011
Issues with 9/13 build:
No "Data Usage" option in Settings
When you plug in USB cable, there's no notification for "USB Mass Storage"

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston
Out of curiosity, try changing the min CPU frequency to 486mhz and report back.

crlogic

Jun 25, 2010
Kingston
Increasing the min frequency has been noted in another thread to potentially solve the cm10 freeze/reboot issue.

Wasn't sure if it applied to us or not but worth trying.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

And be sure to change the MIN not MAX frequency.

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
Has anyone else had over heating issues? I had to go back to cm9 and i really miss cm10. But my cpu would run between 40 and 50 c. Instead of 30 to 40 on cm9.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1 / Jelly Bean ) for Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

CyanogenMod is an open source replacement firmware based on the Android mobile operating system for smart phones and tablet computers. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Since development on this ROM is new, do not expect it to be as stable as CM9 yet. So far the basic functionality such as camera / phone / LTE / SMS / wi-fi / GPS is working. In the meantime please follow this thread for updates and user feedback.

20120825152748.jpg
    20120825152812.jpg
    20120825152718.jpg

Download:

WARNING! Do not flash this to a different device model from the one it's meant for. It will not work with the other Galaxy S2 iterations, so don't try it with the Bell Galaxy S2 I9100M (non-HD). DO NOT flash it on the Asian variant of the GS2 HD (SHV-E120) either, as it uses slightly different internal hardware - the ROM will be unstable and the phone component will not work. If you are sure you have the CANADIAN Bell Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), then click on the button below:

(For questions about CM10 for the SHV-120L, contact skysbird on Twitter or GitHub. I will not discuss that device in my thread.)

OLD LINK: http://d-h.st/users/dsi

UPDATE: September 20, 2012: I am no longer maintaining the builds, please find latest versions here, thanks to XDA user crlogic:
    http://d-h.st/users/crlogic

Go to the Dev-Host link above and navigate to the CM10 sub-folder to access the files required for the following steps. Please read the installation instructions carefully.

Support my work:

DONATE / FOLLOW ME

Full Installation Instructions, FAQs, Source Code, Acknowledgements, etc.:

Please follow the installation instructions in this thread, as they are similar. However, remember to use the 'cyanogenmod10' folder and the Jelly Bean Google Apps instead. In addition, you MUST do a data wipe when going from CM9 (or any other non-CM10 ROM) to CM10 and vice-versa.

FAQs, source code links, and more should be found at that link as well. I'll update this thread when I have more time.

NOTE: I was told by mods to post this thread in this General forum because it's not an I9100.
    PA2.99 22NOV2012 for i757m

http://d-h.st/users/Space/?fld_id=7675#files

Needs wipe data before upgrading from cm10. Sorry guys, I don't own an i757m so haven't tested it.
    cm-10-20121108a-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip posted with cypress-touchkey.c and bln.c from Socim repo. The lights are back but a little intermittent. Let me know how it works for the rest of you.

Thanks to Socim for the suggestions.

Oh yeah - new kernel too since the last update.
    I stopped posting builds since luneticks build has fixes that aren't included in dsi's repo and everyone wanted notification lights. So unless there is someone who can actually dev this stuff it's up to him to continue those builds