[ROM][29-11-2013] ZTE V970 / V970M (MT6577) custom ROMs (ICS / JB)

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Hello everyone!

In this thread you'll find all my custom ROMs for ZTE V970 (MT6577) smartphone. It also work on the international models: ZTE V970M (also MT6577 based). Please be sure to read this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions. ;)

Do not mirror my files, as I will always make sure links are working. :fingers-crossed: Instead, please share the link to this thread.

Tutorials and Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
For tutorials jump into post #2.

For frequently asked questions (FAQ) jump into post #3.​

Version history (including download links):

Android 4.0 (ICS) based custom ROMs:
V1.0MOD (27-08-2012):
  • Based on official Android 4.0.4 ROM (ZTE China release: CU-CN-QB18D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B03 ; Stock kernel 3.0.13)
  • Custom changes:
    • Replaced China Unicom boot logo image with MediaTek logo
    • Removed China Unicom boot animation including sound
    • Removed all Chinese applications (Chinese IME, ZTE app store, etc)
    • Added reboot and reboot to recovery options to power menu
    • Integrated the latest version of Google apps
    • Added ES File Explorer (v1.6.1.8) and ES Task Manager (v1.3.1)
    • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperUser application (v3.1.3) and su binary (v3.1.1)
    • Busybox (v1.20.2) installed
    • Added battery percentage (in steps of 1%) display
    • Disabled aee debugger daemon
    • Updated APN list (apns-conf.xml)
    • Added AdFree hosts to system hosts file (blocks ads in several applications or games, for example Angry Birds)
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 6d3acd55a2b5322c5a8be6577c6c0409​

V1.1MOD (04-09-2012):
  • Custom changes:
    • Fixed SystemUI crash if a default wallpaper was not set on the first boot
    • Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, German, Spanish, Farsi, French, Hindu, Indonesian, Italian, Malaysian, Dutch, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese and Chinese (traditional and simplified)
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 9e87c955b41c380dbb02a97f52e3ae81​

V2.0MOD (22-09-2012):
  • Based on official Android 4.0.4 ROM (ZTE China release: CU-CN-QB18D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B05 ; Stock kernel 3.0.13)
  • Custom changes:
    • Fixed E-mail app crash
    • Enabled CRT-effect animation when screen goes off
    • Updated Google Maps (v6.12.0) and added Street View on Google Maps (v1.8.1)
    • Fully odexed system apps
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: dd2dda6c6a8ac0ccbc9efbd31a2447ae​

V2.1MOD (23-09-2012):
  • Custom changes:
    • Fully deodexed system apps due to unexpected user issues
    • Fixed problem with auto-brightness feature (CRT-effect animation was breaking this functionality)
    • Added stock ICS LatinIME and dictionary pack
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 9096027058c8a8fd40a37be6b5b2800a​

V2.2MOD (30-09-2012):
  • Custom changes:
    • Fixed GPS-related app crashes
    • Fixed the bug related to the association of caller identification (CID) with contacts, due to country code prefixes
    • Updated YouTube (v4.1.23)
    • Updated ES File Explorer (v1.6.2.1)
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: d1ee52831df00ca2b8e69773341e5c0e​

V2.3MOD (21-10-2012):
  • Custom changes:
    • Added some build.prop tweaks to improve pictures and video quality, increase touch responsiveness and improve battery life
    • Updated ICS LatinIME and dictionary pack
    • Added Chrome for Android (v18.0.1025308)
    • Updated Google Play Store (v3.9.16)
    • Updated Street View on Google Maps (v1.8.1.2)
    • Added support for the following languages: Czech, Hungarian and Polish
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 75f9f6ae8ada506b7f13974c069c86b1

V3.0MOD (09-12-2012):
  • Based on official Android 4.0.4 ROM (ZTE Venezuela release: RET-VE-QB128D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B03 ; Stock kernel 3.0.13)
  • Custom changes:
    • Added international ZTE splash logo and boot animation
    • User customize-able installation based on AROMA installer
    • Included script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected (be sure to read post #4)
    • Included JB LatinIME (with predictive swipe) and dictionary pack
    • Updated Google Play Store (v3.10.9)
    • Updated Gmail (v4.2.1)
    • Added support for the following language: Greek
    • Fixed broken strings for the following languages: Czech, Hungarian and Polish
    • Fixed bootloop when factory reset was done under Android system
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 186e6a1b3b7b1e5713c97ac001931a41​

V3.1MOD (27-12-2012):
  • Custom changes:
    • Replaced "Press to unlock" by "Slide to unlock" lockscreen
    • Corrected date format entries for Czech and Greek languages
    • Fixed incorrect CPU throttling
    • Disabled built-in virtual disk drive
    • Updated TZ data (timezone data)
    • Updated Google Maps (v6.14.2)
    • Updated Google Play Store (v3.10.10)
    • Updated Google Play Services (v2.0.12)
    • Updated YouTube (v4.2.16)
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 2589b663f87610ab52cc395e5ba8f383​

Android 4.1 (JB) based custom ROMs:
V1.0MOD (16-02-2013):
  • Based on official Android 4.1.1 ROM (ZTE Indonesia release: SMI-ID-QB18D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B04 ; Stock kernel 3.4.0)
  • Custom changes:
    • Included script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected
    • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperUser application (v3.1.3) and su binary (v3.1.1)
    • Added some build.prop tweaks to improve pictures and video quality, increase touch responsiveness and improve battery life
    • Added AdFree hosts to system hosts file (blocks ads in several applications or games, for example Angry Birds)
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: d97e35f08893fb4b4cf139cf546aa014

=> Patch: Fix offline charging

V1.1MOD (02-03-2013):
  • Custom changes:
    • Complete stock Android 4.1 look in terms of app icons and wallpapers
    • Included Android 4.2 Google Clock and Camera/Gallery apps
    • Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Urdu
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: dbc52de2668472cdd18e800c3f19325c

V1.2MOD (22-07-2013):
  • Custom changes:
    • Fixed Email and Exchange apps problem
    • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.41)
    • Busybox (v1.20.2) installed with init.d support
    • Updated all Google apps to the latest version
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 9bc1a4b72b98c2c4f55bc1676c0aeb07

V1.3MOD (29-11-2013):
  • Custom changes:
    • Updated SuperSU application (v1.80)
    • Integrated GravityBox (v2.76)
      • Patches Android's master key (bugs 8219321, 9695860 and 9950697) vulnerabilities
      • Includes lots of system tweaks and fixes
    • Included DualSIM Ringer (allows to set ringtone and notification sounds separately for each SIM)
    • Included baseband modem from Android 4.0 (optional for users who need it to have 3G working)
    • Fixed graphical slowness issue
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: f78c6c30199bac529cb269afde7841f4

=> Patch: Fix network location issues / Fix offline charging
=> Add-on update: Most recent version of GravityBox

GPL compliance:
Kernel 3.0.13 source code
Kernel 3.4.0 source code

Credits:
  • iBotPeaches and brut.all for apktool
  • Koush for his wonderfull CWM recovery, as well to all contibutors
  • amarullz for his amazing AROMA installer
  • Chainfire for SuperSU
  • C3C076 for GravityBox, the wonderful tweakbox
  • ...and finally to all the devs whose apps, tweaks and scripts I have used on my custom ROMs

Please don't just leech the files and go away. You can easily say thanks just by pressing "Thanks" button.

Feel free to post your comments. I hope you all like it! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
ZTE V970 / V970M (MT6577) custom ROMs (ICS / JB), a ROM for the Android General

Contributors
bgcngm
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-18
Last Updated 2014-05-03

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Tutorials

How to enter into recovery mode:

With ZTE V970 completely turned off, press and hold VOL. UP key and turn on the phone. After the splash logo appears, all keys should be released.​

Navigation under recovery mode:

Stock recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, an image with a triangle and an Android will appear and BACK key must be pressed in order to access menu options. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and MENU key to apply the action.

Custom recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, ClockworkMod Recovery menu will appear. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and POWER key to apply the action.​

How to flash custom recovery:

Download ZTE V970 CWM recovery and follow this MT657x flashing tutorial.

Warning: the package includes preloader, but there's no need to flash it. Make sure that you select only recovery to be flashed.​

Flashing a new custom ROM via the SD card method (update.zip):

Read this guide to know more about ClockworkMod Recovery and how to flash a custom ROM.​

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Question: I can't install your custom ROMs. Why? What am I doing wrong?
Answer: First of all you have to flash a custom recovery into your phone and then you are able to install my custom ROMs. Read the tutorials on post #2 to know the procedures.​

Question: I wanted to try one of your custom ROMs. Will I loose all my data after installing it?
Answer: Yes, you will loose all your data... unless you create a backup to restore after installing the ROM. There are two recommended ways to create backups of your userdata:
  • Doing the backup under custom recovery mode: navigate to backup and restore menu.
  • Using Titanium Backup to create a backup of your favourite applications.

Question: Can I fully revert to factory settings?
Answer: Sure, just download the full stock ROM and use SP Flash Tool to reflash the whole NAND.

Warning: the files are for V970, so if you are flashing a V970M make sure that you deselect preloader or else you'll get a brick.​

Question: In phone specifications it's stated that it has 4 GB of eMMC, but only approximately 500 MB are available for internal storage... Can you explain me the reason for that?
Answer: The phone has indeed 4 GB of eMMC. Part of it is used by system and cache partitions, while the rest of the size is divided into internal storage (approximately 500 MB) and an internal sdcard partition (approximately 2 GB). If you find that an internal sdcard partition is useless (and have a big external sdcard), you can extend userdata partition (internal sdcard partition completely disabled). Jump into post #4 to learn how to apply that mod.​

Question: Somehow I have got invalid IMEI numbers. How do I restore my phone's IMEI numbers?
Answer: Read this tutorial. Don't forget to say thanks to its author.​

Question: Does my phone really have two IMEI numbers?
Answer: Every dual SIM smartphone based on MT65xx SoC has two IMEI numbers. Some just don't display both numbers on dialler when you type code *#06#, but if you go into Settings / About phone / Status / IMEI information you'll see the IMEI set for both slots.​

Question: How can I access hidden MediaTek engineering mode?
Answer: From phone's dialler type code *#*#3646633#*#*.​

Question: Are your custom ROMs patched to fix Android's master key (bugs 8219321 and 9695860) vulnerabilities?
Answer: No, but the solution to that is pretty simple:

To check if system is vulnerable you can use one of the following apps:

All credits to rovo89 for the amazing Xposed framework and also to Tungstwenty for the Master key universal fix.​

Question: I don't have this phone, but mine is also based on the same MT6577 SoC. Can I still flash your recovery and install your custom ROMs?
Answer: Even though your phone is based on the same SoC, there may be differences in other hardware components. It is not likely that recovery and ROMs will work on your phone so you may risk to brick it.​

Question: After installing Android 4.1 based ROMs, I'm not able to access sdcard anymore, even though it is accessible via CWM recovery.
Answer: Due to hardware differences between models, the included kernel is not compatible. The alternative is to flash the latest V970 kernel compiled by @superdragonpt, which can be found here.​

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
ZTE V970 internal memory re-partition

Initial notes:
  1. Make sure that you have a full nandroid backup of your current ROM. If not, boot into recovery mode and make one. This is very important if you want to restore userdata after internal memory is re-partitioned.
  2. Also make sure that you have a backup of your internal sdcard because it will be fully erased and disabled.

Warning: the package includes preloader, but there's no need to flash it. Make sure that your selection is according to the screenshot bellow.

Instructions:
  1. Copy disable_internal_sdcard.zip to external sdcard (read note bellow)
  2. Shutdown the phone
  3. Open SP Flash Tool v3.1222.00 (or higher) and load the scatter file
  4. Flash MBR, EBR1 and RECOVERY as shown on the next image (read flashing tutorial first):

2d7hjcz.png

5. After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data
  6. Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to nandroid backup / restore and restore data (advanced restore feature)
  7. Install disable_internal_sdcard.zip file through recovery mode (read note bellow)
  8. Reboot your phone and enjoy your extended userdata partition

Important update: All the new ROM updates which include AROMA installer also include a script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected. Dismiss the part of the instructions that refers to the installation of disable_internal_sdcard.zip file (a must if you have installed a JB based ROM). All the rest of the procedure is still valid and must be done before installing the ROM. That said, if you are going to apply this modification, you must re-install the ROM.

Last edited:

Timer2000

Apr 3, 2010
Hello,

I think it is time to change my phone from Lenovo A750 to ZTE V970. :)

Sent from my Lenovo A750 (Smilevvv 4.0.3_623_V3 mod)

Reactions: Amegustavo

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Bruno, is using ZOPO MT6577 USB Driver for this update OK?! Problem was, on etotalk installed recovery 5.xxx the ROM Installation has aborted!
When i use the MTK Preloader i have do same way like on ZP200 ICS update, so when i use SP Tools from this, i have to put your recovery image into flashsoftware and boot image from your ROM too!? Sorry for this question, but every try of installation aborted....

sergioi

Jul 12, 2006
São Paulo
OK, let`s try! :) THX my friend, nice to see, that you will have this phone too!
I sold my HTC Wind last week and my ZP200.... so i will have this, and the ZP900 too in moment as china Model by etotalk.com! :)

Hi all I bought this phone too, awsome phone and I found this great thread here in XDA... Is it possible to share the etotalk ROM for the V970? Or this custom ROM from Bruno is a better ROM?

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Mostly Bruno`s ROMs are much more effective, i used on many phones his ROMs and they are free of chinese things, working faster! So try this one! I will not upload any ROMs by etotalk, because we have agreement about, like i respect Bruno`s statement. Don`t share! :)

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Bruno, where do i get APX drivers or MKT chipset drivers for this phone?
I don't know what you mean with APX driver. The only drivers you may need are MTK USB VCOM drivers (to flash your MTK phone through cable, using SP Flash Tool) or the normal ADB drivers from Google (for the ADB interface). MTK USB VCOM drivers are available on my 4shared folder along with the latest version of SP Flash Tool.

and i need although the right scatter file, where cann i find this!? Do you know!? Or cold it be the file for example from ZP200 ICS Update!?
Just download the full stock ROM for V970 (from my 4shared folder) and you will get the correct scatter file. Please be sure not to use preloader or DSP_BL images from other phones as you may brick your device. ;)

Reactions: Marcst

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Soooo, everything works fine...THX Bruno!

I just translate and done flashing tutorial in german language for our users with LINKS to this thread in our forum!
So we will help you getting traffic and amounts for your work now! BR Petteri

jdcesari

Jul 26, 2008
hi have problem with contacts and international numbers. i think it is an imei issue

do you know how to change the IMEI ?

thks again

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Soooo, everything works fine...THX Bruno!

I just translate and done flashing tutorial in german language for our users with LINKS to this thread in our forum!
So we will help you getting traffic and amounts for your work now! BR Petteri
Glad to hear that! Thank you for your support. :)

hi have problem with contacts and international numbers. i think it is an imei issue

do you know how to change the IMEI ?
Really? I don't have any CID problem and as far as I know it is not an IMEI issue. It depends on the network operator.

Anyway, check out cybermaus thread to know how to change IMEI numbers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

In this thread you'll find all my custom ROMs for ZTE V970 (MT6577) smartphone. It also work on the international models: ZTE V970M (also MT6577 based). Please be sure to read this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions. ;)

Do not mirror my files, as I will always make sure links are working. :fingers-crossed: Instead, please share the link to this thread.

Tutorials and Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
    For tutorials jump into post #2.

For frequently asked questions (FAQ) jump into post #3.​

Version history (including download links):

Android 4.0 (ICS) based custom ROMs:
    V1.0MOD (27-08-2012):
    • Based on official Android 4.0.4 ROM (ZTE China release: CU-CN-QB18D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B03 ; Stock kernel 3.0.13)
    • Custom changes:
      • Replaced China Unicom boot logo image with MediaTek logo
      • Removed China Unicom boot animation including sound
      • Removed all Chinese applications (Chinese IME, ZTE app store, etc)
      • Added ES File Explorer (v1.6.1.8) and ES Task Manager (v1.3.1)
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 6d3acd55a2b5322c5a8be6577c6c0409​

V1.1MOD (04-09-2012):
    • Custom changes:
      • Fixed SystemUI crash if a default wallpaper was not set on the first boot
      • Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, German, Spanish, Farsi, French, Hindu, Indonesian, Italian, Malaysian, Dutch, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese and Chinese (traditional and simplified)
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 9e87c955b41c380dbb02a97f52e3ae81​

V2.0MOD (22-09-2012):
    • Based on official Android 4.0.4 ROM (ZTE China release: CU-CN-QB18D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B05 ; Stock kernel 3.0.13)
    • Custom changes:
      • Fixed E-mail app crash
      • Enabled CRT-effect animation when screen goes off
      • Updated Google Maps (v6.12.0) and added Street View on Google Maps (v1.8.1)
      • Fully odexed system apps
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: dd2dda6c6a8ac0ccbc9efbd31a2447ae​

V2.1MOD (23-09-2012):
    • Custom changes:
      • Fully deodexed system apps due to unexpected user issues
      • Fixed problem with auto-brightness feature (CRT-effect animation was breaking this functionality)
      • Added stock ICS LatinIME and dictionary pack
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 9096027058c8a8fd40a37be6b5b2800a​

V2.2MOD (30-09-2012):
    • Custom changes:
      • Fixed GPS-related app crashes
      • Fixed the bug related to the association of caller identification (CID) with contacts, due to country code prefixes
      • Updated YouTube (v4.1.23)
      • Updated ES File Explorer (v1.6.2.1)
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: d1ee52831df00ca2b8e69773341e5c0e​

V2.3MOD (21-10-2012):
    • Custom changes:
      • Updated ICS LatinIME and dictionary pack
      • Added Chrome for Android (v18.0.1025308)
      • Updated Google Play Store (v3.9.16)
      • Updated Street View on Google Maps (v1.8.1.2)
      • Added support for the following languages: Czech, Hungarian and Polish
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 75f9f6ae8ada506b7f13974c069c86b1

V3.0MOD (09-12-2012):
    • Based on official Android 4.0.4 ROM (ZTE Venezuela release: RET-VE-QB128D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B03 ; Stock kernel 3.0.13)
    • Custom changes:
      • Added international ZTE splash logo and boot animation
      • Included script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected (be sure to read post #4)
      • Included JB LatinIME (with predictive swipe) and dictionary pack
      • Updated Google Play Store (v3.10.9)
      • Updated Gmail (v4.2.1)
      • Added support for the following language: Greek
      • Fixed broken strings for the following languages: Czech, Hungarian and Polish
      • Fixed bootloop when factory reset was done under Android system
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 186e6a1b3b7b1e5713c97ac001931a41​

V3.1MOD (27-12-2012):
    • Custom changes:
      • Corrected date format entries for Czech and Greek languages
      • Fixed incorrect CPU throttling
      • Disabled built-in virtual disk drive
      • Updated Google Maps (v6.14.2)
      • Updated Google Play Store (v3.10.10)
      • Updated Google Play Services (v2.0.12)
      • Updated YouTube (v4.2.16)
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 2589b663f87610ab52cc395e5ba8f383​

Android 4.1 (JB) based custom ROMs:
    V1.0MOD (16-02-2013):
    • Based on official Android 4.1.1 ROM (ZTE Indonesia release: SMI-ID-QB18D-P175A20V1.0.0 / Custom build: B04 ; Stock kernel 3.4.0)
    • Custom changes:
      • Included script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: d97e35f08893fb4b4cf139cf546aa014

V1.1MOD (02-03-2013):
    • Custom changes:
      • Complete stock Android 4.1 look in terms of app icons and wallpapers
      • Included Android 4.2 Google Clock and Camera/Gallery apps
      • Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Urdu
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: dbc52de2668472cdd18e800c3f19325c

V1.2MOD (22-07-2013):
    • Custom changes:
      • Fixed Email and Exchange apps problem
      • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.41)
      • Busybox (v1.20.2) installed with init.d support
      • Updated all Google apps to the latest version
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 9bc1a4b72b98c2c4f55bc1676c0aeb07

V1.3MOD (29-11-2013):
    • Custom changes:
      • Updated SuperSU application (v1.80)
      • Integrated GravityBox (v2.76)
        • Patches Android's master key (bugs 8219321, 9695860 and 9950697) vulnerabilities
        • Includes lots of system tweaks and fixes
      • Included DualSIM Ringer (allows to set ringtone and notification sounds separately for each SIM)
      • Included baseband modem from Android 4.0 (optional for users who need it to have 3G working)
      • Fixed graphical slowness issue
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: f78c6c30199bac529cb269afde7841f4

=> Patch: Fix network location issues / Fix offline charging
    => Add-on update: Most recent version of GravityBox

GPL compliance:
    Kernel 3.0.13 source code
    Kernel 3.4.0 source code

Credits:
    • iBotPeaches and brut.all for apktool
    • Koush for his wonderfull CWM recovery, as well to all contibutors
    • amarullz for his amazing AROMA installer
    • Chainfire for SuperSU
    • C3C076 for GravityBox, the wonderful tweakbox
    • ...and finally to all the devs whose apps, tweaks and scripts I have used on my custom ROMs

Please don't just leech the files and go away. You can easily say thanks just by pressing "Thanks" button.

Feel free to post your comments. I hope you all like it! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    ZTE V970 / V970M (MT6577) custom ROMs (ICS / JB), a ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    bgcngm
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-18
    Last Updated 2014-05-03
    Tutorials

How to enter into recovery mode:

With ZTE V970 completely turned off, press and hold VOL. UP key and turn on the phone. After the splash logo appears, all keys should be released.​

Navigation under recovery mode:

Stock recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, an image with a triangle and an Android will appear and BACK key must be pressed in order to access menu options. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and MENU key to apply the action.

Custom recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, ClockworkMod Recovery menu will appear. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and POWER key to apply the action.​

How to flash custom recovery:

Download ZTE V970 CWM recovery and follow this MT657x flashing tutorial.

Warning: the package includes preloader, but there's no need to flash it. Make sure that you select only recovery to be flashed.​

Flashing a new custom ROM via the SD card method (update.zip):

Read this guide to know more about ClockworkMod Recovery and how to flash a custom ROM.​
    ZTE V970 internal memory re-partition

Initial notes:
    1. Make sure that you have a full nandroid backup of your current ROM. If not, boot into recovery mode and make one. This is very important if you want to restore userdata after internal memory is re-partitioned.
    2. Also make sure that you have a backup of your internal sdcard because it will be fully erased and disabled.

Warning: the package includes preloader, but there's no need to flash it. Make sure that your selection is according to the screenshot bellow.

Instructions:
    1. Copy disable_internal_sdcard.zip to external sdcard (read note bellow)
    2. Shutdown the phone
    3. Open SP Flash Tool v3.1222.00 (or higher) and load the scatter file
    4. Flash MBR, EBR1 and RECOVERY as shown on the next image (read flashing tutorial first):

2d7hjcz.png

5. After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data
    6. Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to nandroid backup / restore and restore data (advanced restore feature)
    7. Install disable_internal_sdcard.zip file through recovery mode (read note bellow)
    8. Reboot your phone and enjoy your extended userdata partition

Important update: All the new ROM updates which include AROMA installer also include a script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected. Dismiss the part of the instructions that refers to the installation of disable_internal_sdcard.zip file (a must if you have installed a JB based ROM). All the rest of the procedure is still valid and must be done before installing the ROM. That said, if you are going to apply this modification, you must re-install the ROM.
    Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Question: I can't install your custom ROMs. Why? What am I doing wrong?
    Answer: First of all you have to flash a custom recovery into your phone and then you are able to install my custom ROMs. Read the tutorials on post #2 to know the procedures.​

Question: I wanted to try one of your custom ROMs. Will I loose all my data after installing it?
    Answer: Yes, you will loose all your data... unless you create a backup to restore after installing the ROM. There are two recommended ways to create backups of your userdata:
    • Doing the backup under custom recovery mode: navigate to backup and restore menu.
    • Using Titanium Backup to create a backup of your favourite applications.

Question: Can I fully revert to factory settings?
    Answer: Sure, just download the full stock ROM and use SP Flash Tool to reflash the whole NAND.

Warning: the files are for V970, so if you are flashing a V970M make sure that you deselect preloader or else you'll get a brick.​

Question: In phone specifications it's stated that it has 4 GB of eMMC, but only approximately 500 MB are available for internal storage... Can you explain me the reason for that?
    Answer: The phone has indeed 4 GB of eMMC. Part of it is used by system and cache partitions, while the rest of the size is divided into internal storage (approximately 500 MB) and an internal sdcard partition (approximately 2 GB). If you find that an internal sdcard partition is useless (and have a big external sdcard), you can extend userdata partition (internal sdcard partition completely disabled). Jump into post #4 to learn how to apply that mod.​

Question: Somehow I have got invalid IMEI numbers. How do I restore my phone's IMEI numbers?
    Answer: Read this tutorial. Don't forget to say thanks to its author.​

Question: Does my phone really have two IMEI numbers?
    Answer: Every dual SIM smartphone based on MT65xx SoC has two IMEI numbers. Some just don't display both numbers on dialler when you type code *#06#, but if you go into Settings / About phone / Status / IMEI information you'll see the IMEI set for both slots.​

Question: How can I access hidden MediaTek engineering mode?
    Answer: From phone's dialler type code *#*#3646633#*#*.​

Question: Are your custom ROMs patched to fix Android's master key (bugs 8219321 and 9695860) vulnerabilities?
    Answer: No, but the solution to that is pretty simple:

To check if system is vulnerable you can use one of the following apps:

All credits to rovo89 for the amazing Xposed framework and also to Tungstwenty for the Master key universal fix.​

Question: I don't have this phone, but mine is also based on the same MT6577 SoC. Can I still flash your recovery and install your custom ROMs?
    Answer: Even though your phone is based on the same SoC, there may be differences in other hardware components. It is not likely that recovery and ROMs will work on your phone so you may risk to brick it.​

Question: After installing Android 4.1 based ROMs, I'm not able to access sdcard anymore, even though it is accessible via CWM recovery.
    Answer: Due to hardware differences between models, the included kernel is not compatible. The alternative is to flash the latest V970 kernel compiled by @superdragonpt, which can be found here.​
    V970M Indonesian JB ROM working on V970

Breaking news! :victory:

Thanks to the help of a good friend, I have now a dump of V970M Indonesian ROM and just flashed my phone with it. I did that only a few minutes ago and only had time to establish a phone call. As far as I can tell, everything is working perfectly. This means that I may release a new custom ROM based on JellyBean soon.