[Q] new to sony ..

Search This thread

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
okay i have used odin before .. but never used flashtool ! . is there a link to download it and a tutorial on how to use it. :eek::eek:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
okay i have used odin before .. but never used flashtool ! . is there a link to download it and a tutorial on how to use it. :eek::eek:

Since you seem to have some knowlage this should be quite self explanitory

Aside a few things which arent mentioned
Flashmode/fastboot does not mean holding a button like flashtool asks

For Xperia Z2
fastboot = Volume Up
Flashmode=volume down

You do need drivers to be installed of which an installer of sorts can be found in the drivers folder if your on windows (fastboot, flashmode, any Z2 drivers)

Fastboot can be used to flash kernels, flashmode is used usualy to flash firmwares (commonly FTF files)

Literly any questions just ask

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: strommy1966

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012

For Xperia Z2
fastboot = Volume Up
Flashmode=volume down

You do need drivers to be installed of which an installer of sorts can be found in the drivers folder if your on windows (fastboot, flashmode, any Z2 drivers)

Fastboot can be used to flash kernels, flashmode is used usualy to flash firmwares (commonly FTF files)

so once i have downloaded the ftf file .. where and how do i put it ? as they are zip files i take it i extract all the files inside ? sorry i know this is probably VERY basic questions .. that's why i was wondering if there was a tutorial i could sit and read or watch to explain. im rather embarrassed about my general lack of of computer/windows knowledge. :confused:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
so once i have downloaded the ftf file .. where and how do i put it ? as they are zip files i take it i extract all the files inside ? sorry i know this is probably VERY basic questions .. that's why i was wondering if there was a tutorial i could sit and read or watch to explain. im rather embarrassed about my general lack of of computer/windows knowledge. :confused:

Once you've downloaded the FTF file (if its in a zip extract it to get your FTF) you need to put it in your firmware folder found within your flashtool folder (once you've installed flashtool)

Think there is some info at flashtool.net(official site btw)

Reactions: strommy1966

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For Xperia Z2
    fastboot = Volume Up
    Flashmode=volume down

Once you've downloaded the FTF file (if its in a zip extract it to get your FTF) you need to put it in your firmware folder found within your flashtool folder (once you've installed flashtool)

Think there is some info at flashtool.net(official site btw)