[Q&A][KITKAT roms Top Preview 2014]

Search This thread

lithiumions

Mar 14, 2014
I'm using CarbonRom KitKat 4.4.2 too.

The Good:

- Great performance. Snappy once you disable the lock-screen notifications.
- Excellent battery life

The Bad:

- ANT+ service doesn't work. Anyone knows how to fix this?
- Do not like that Data is enabled by default
- Should include a Walkman app or at least a free media player

@ ph4nvu

I think you can remove the camera widget from the lock screen by going to Settings > Carbon Fibers > Lock Screen > General > Shortcuts.

Oct 6, 2013
Faridabad
AORP download link

guyz i m struck i want to use AORP rom on my Xperia Arc but i m not able to find download link! Could you guyz give me the direct download link please!!!:crying:

Frozen_byte

Aug 9, 2012
May some Idea:
Make a Bar Chart to give a nice overview about:
Battery
Customizeabillity
Performance
Lightness
Active Developement (how many updates/month)
etc.

That would be clear an nice!
If you need Help by creating thus, PM me!
I just don't have the time and resources (Just got an Xperia Arc) to test all these ROM's :/

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
May some Idea:
Make a Bar Chart to give a nice overview about:
Battery
Customizeabillity
Performance
Lightness
Active Developement (how many updates/month)
etc.

That would be clear an nice!
If you need Help by creating thus, PM me!
I just don't have the time and resources (Just got an Xperia Arc) to test all these ROM's :/

its a nice idea..at this point i dont have any time also..maybe in a few days i will update this and test new builds..i will think on a better idea to make this thread more user frienly with all things together.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM: HELLKAT

GOOD: many user friendly configurations,excelent battery life,great themed on red.super smooth and super fast!! usb mount working 100%,only one until now.
    BAD: sometimes freezes on some features,nothing big.*too red for my taste,if it was blue better for me only!!!

ROM: CarbonRom KitKat

GOOD:navigation bar inside the rom fully working,no landscape for gaming.:good: super fast,great ram,battery life is very good,equalizer with many option.carbon wallpapers inside directly from server (wifi connection required) but great little feature.

BAD:no music player,no HALO feature.

ROM: Official AORP - 4.4.2

GOOD: very fast,customizable enough,a mix between cm11 and AORP. lite and much free ram,very good battery life.:good:

BAD: need some tuning,nothing more to say.

ROM: VanirAOSP 4.4.2

GOOD: super customizable, nice style, themed with inverted black.

BAD: no default music player, free ram is 130-150 with a few light apps,screen recorder and torch buggy.

ROM: AOKP 4.4.2

GOOD:very fast,ROM control always nice with many options and immersive control.white theme AOKP for second option.good battery life.installation and boot super fast.

BAD:no equalizer,launcher options FC,then stays ok after a bit.

ROM: POLYGON KK r.1.4

GOOD:fast and smooth,many options on aroma installer,user style friendly.

BAD: low free ram,it depends on user choices on aroma also.* Camera button does not wake up camera app.
    * Instagram can not upload stored image.Hang or restart when finishing the process.

ROM: BeamKat 9.3

GOOD:navigation bar inside the rom fully working,good features,eye candy will little changes.usb mount working also!

BAD: free ram is average and sometimes gets very low (70-90). not very smooth or fast.needs more work.

ROM: Vanir AOSP

GOOD:super fast,good battery life,many tweaks inside rom,good free ram,nice style.

BAD:no osb buttons.
    all roms video reviews on youtube.

better and quicker reviews on new versions of kitkat roms on my youtube channel.
    unnamed_copy.jpg

espanol/portugues/other languages here

well as i ve been saying we have many roms 4.4.2 with similar features but at same time different..so questions for users are:

1. wich one is the best? --i cant say..its user choice for his needs.here you can see most features of each rom and choose.:)
    2. what makes this/that rom unique? --see screenshots and video reviews.
    3. wich bugs do they have? --report here some more or all you find.
    4. wich one haves more free ram? --see screenshots.
    and so on..

i have choosen this roms,so users can say what they think and report bugs (if any) besides cm11 bugs.HDMI,video recorder laggy,stock web browser super laggy.
    I was wondering if you was updating this topic!

Thank you for your reviews :good:
    I saw your new video, keep up the good work :D

i will update slowly,but this was meant for users share their opinions also and bugs or good things they experienced on the kitkat roms..i cant test all to the most..this are small previews and reviews.:good:
    PolygonKK:
    Good: Smooth and fast, even after I install many apps.
    Bad: Maps and navigation is blinking, video recording display often freeze (but the recording continue).

UltraKK:
    Good: More Xperia apps (album, walkman, video player, social, sony sketch)
    Bad: Somehow the response are much slower when more apps are installed. (I have not testing camera and maps yet)

Just found out that Google maps and video recording are kernel problems. So they also happen to other KitKat ROM.

Oh well.

Now these ones are specific to polygon kk:
    * Camera button does not wake up camera app.
    * Instagram can not upload stored image.Hang or restart when finishing the process.

Sent from my Xperia Arc using xda app-developers app