[APP] [2.3.4][4.0+] 3D Wallpapers picker (non-root for htcsense roms)

Search This thread

666blb666

Aug 3, 2012
Some quick swich to turn 3d off and on rather than brightness.... I don't care about battery life coz my htc is connected to the charger longer than is not (charger in car, usb at home)... what i like ìs that EVO has 3d wallpaper before any different system... windows8 will have it probably after a year ;p

freddya

Oct 8, 2007
Animated 3D Wallpaper

Ability to choose live wallpapers with animations created from recorded video clips would be very cool. I've been running this and it helps me unplug when I set my phone down and still see my 3D lockscreen. Awesomeness back in my ol e3d. Thanks for making my phone so cool.

backlund

Aug 11, 2008
Now that we finally have a feature that many of us wanted since day one with the Evo 3D (a pseudo 3D launcher), I thought I would play around with photoshop and StereoPhoto Maker to see what kind of cool homescreen I could come up with. A few things I have found so far, is to be subtle with the amount of separation you use. Too much and it really starts to give you a bit of an eye-strain headache. A subtle amount also plays well when you just grab the phone to glance at the home screen, without having to reposition your view. Secondly, as many of us know, the Evo 3D's portrait 3D mode isn't very good. Hard edges on separated images tend to look color-wonky with yello/purple separations.

So, for my first attempt at something, here's a quick wallpaper I whipped up by modifying an existing classic Android wallpaper. It's fairly easy on (my) eyes in Portrait 3D mode, and gives the appearance of my launcher icons and clock widget floating in space. I separated the background by about 20 pixels, and pasted a new Android on top with no separation (hard edge problem). Enjoy.

Download the zip below with the high resolution MPO file. Extract the zip and save the MPO file on your SD card. Note that if you can't get the image to show up in the photo picker on the 3D wallpaper settings, go to the actual gallery app and view the file once from there. Then go back to your wallpaper picker and it should show up.

Attachments

• Android3D.zip
    162.8 KB · Views: 65
  • ScreenShot001.png
    ScreenShot001.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 2012-10-16_14-26-35.jpg
    2012-10-16_14-26-35.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Reactions: HJ200 and theosotos

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
Now that we finally have a feature that many of us wanted since day one with the Evo 3D (a pseudo 3D launcher), I thought I would play around with photoshop and StereoPhoto Maker to see what kind of cool homescreen I could come up with. A few things I have found so far, is to be subtle with the amount of separation you use. Too much and it really starts to give you a bit of an eye-strain headache. A subtle amount also plays well when you just grab the phone to glance at the home screen, without having to reposition your view. Secondly, as many of us know, the Evo 3D's portrait 3D mode isn't very good. Hard edges on separated images tend to look color-wonky with yello/purple separations.{...}

Wow, looks great, thnx!

kalhohan

Sep 25, 2008
Paris
Download the zip below with the high resolution MPO file. Extract the zip and save the MPO file on your SD card. Note that if you can't get the image to show up in the photo picker on the 3D wallpaper settings, go to the actual gallery app and view the file once from there. Then go back to your wallpaper picker and it should show up.

Well the picture doesn't show up neither in gallery or 3d wallpaper picker. I tried different location on my sd card (root, dcim, custom folder) but no image at all... If I open it in solid explorer -> open with -> type image -> gallery app -> the image display ok...
But never show up in gallery browser.

Maybe my gallery filelist is not correcty refreshed...

I use the evolver3d with sense 3.6.

Edit*
Did a reboot, and now the image pop on the gallery

Last edited:

theosotos

Mar 8, 2011
Athens
Now that we finally have a feature that many of us wanted since day one with the Evo 3D (a pseudo 3D launcher), I thought I would play around with photoshop and StereoPhoto Maker to see what kind of cool homescreen I could come up with. A few things I have found so far, is to be subtle with the amount of separation you use. Too much and it really starts to give you a bit of an eye-strain headache. A subtle amount also plays well when you just grab the phone to glance at the home screen, without having to reposition your view. Secondly, as many of us know, the Evo 3D's portrait 3D mode isn't very good. Hard edges on separated images tend to look color-wonky with yello/purple separations.

So, for my first attempt at something, here's a quick wallpaper I whipped up by modifying an existing classic Android wallpaper. It's fairly easy on (my) eyes in Portrait 3D mode, and gives the appearance of my launcher icons and clock widget floating in space. I separated the background by about 20 pixels, and pasted a new Android on top with no separation (hard edge problem). Enjoy.

Great work, for a great app for our GREAT EVO 3D

EVO 3d with Mwakious power !

Last edited:

Vladimyr

Mar 5, 2006
Moscow
set.nm.ru
nice app! but it works for me in portrait only :(
in landscape, 3d mode is on, but picture is visible
in 2d and on the left half of the screen, right half
has black background... (i was using stock 3d
sample pictures)

could you fix this?
GLES2 3D works fine in both landscape and portrait...

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
nice app! but it works for me in portrait only :(
in landscape, 3d mode is on, but picture is visible
in 2d and on the left half of the screen, right half
has black background... (i was using stock 3d
sample pictures)

True, I've only enabled portrait, but I can enable landscape. What launcher are you using?

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Phereo 3D Watermark

A lot of you guys use Phereo 3D Photo to download new wallpapers.
The Save to SD card function in this app however adds a watermark, which partially appears on your chosen wallpaper.

I made a small utility to download 3D images from Phereo without the watermark, see attached.
To download an image, open the Share menu in the Phereo app and choose download.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note: The Share option is also shown in the messaging app, browser and so on, but only works when started from Phereo.

Changelog
v1.2: Phereo app changed, fixed the downloader
v1.1: New Phereo icon added
v1.0: Initial build

Attachments

• PhereoDownloader-v1.apk
    17.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 2012-10-23_14-55-02.jpg
    2012-10-23_14-55-02.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,753
  • PhereoDownloader-v1.1.apk
    21 KB · Views: 122
  • PhereoDownloader-v1.2.apk
    21 KB · Views: 130
  • 2013-07-28_14-42-26.png
    2013-07-28_14-42-26.png
    216 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
The Save to SD card function in this app however adds a watermark, which partially appears on your chosen wallpaper.

I made a small utility to download 3D images from Phereo without the watermark, see attached.
To download an image, open the Share menu in the Phereo app and choose download.

attachment.php

Note: The Share option is also shown in the messaging app, browser and so on, but only works when started from Phereo.

This is great but... I have to ask. Removing the watermark is the equivalent of removing the Copyright notice out of something, isn't it? Are these pictures IP of the people who made Phereo? Because if that is the case, I am not sure if you will be able to publish that here...

Let me know whenever you get a chance.

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
This is great but... I have to ask. Removing the watermark is the equivalent of removing the Copyright notice out of something, isn't it? Are these pictures IP of the people who made Phereo? Because if that is the case, I am not sure if you will be able to publish that here....

The 3D images are available for free on the Phereo website . The share option sends a url to the chosen application, which is the link to the browser page on the phereo website. This app only downloads the image from that webpage. Anyone can upload and download 3D pictures to and from that website, so I don't think there's any copyright problem...

Reactions: solver404

egzthunder1

The 3D images are available for free on the Phereo website . The share option sends a url to the chosen application, which is the link to the browser page on the phereo website. This app only downloads the image from that webpage. Anyone can upload and download 3D pictures to and from that website, so I don't think there's any copyright problem...

Got you. Thanks for the explanation :)

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!

solver404

Jul 20, 2007
The Boro
Thanks, HJ. This has seriously stunted my want for new device. :good:

I have to agree that the new version works fantastically well as well... I will upload a few pics for anyone who want to use them in a few (I took them btw)

Edit: Hell with it... here you guys are... Enjoy!

Using the abstract blue pic now, nice. Thanks.

egzthunder1

Thanks, HJ. This has seriously stunted my want for new device. :good:

Using the abstract blue pic now, nice. Thanks.

Lol.... That is a blurry shot of a jelly fish tank :p... The other one is neater and the 3d effect looks better because of the other jelly fishes in the back.

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!

kalhohan

Sep 25, 2008
Paris
Hi, I got a very annoying bug since last update:
My screen shut off (goes black 80% off time) when the phone switch back to 2d after showing wallpaper.
ex:
Want to make a call : wake up the phone via power button -> 3d lockscreen -> phone app -> screen immadiatly goes black but the phone is still awaken, not relocked.
Sometimes it works, but must of the time it doesn't.
I uninstall the app, and everything goes back to normal, reinstall from market after that, set 3d wall , and bug again.
Reinstall 3d wallpaper 2.5 via titanium backup, and everything seems to work.

Rom : Evolver 3d 2.5gsm Ics 4.0.3, sense 3.6

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Hi, I got a very annoying bug since last update:
My screen shut off (goes black 80% off time) when the phone switch back to 2d after showing wallpaper.
ex:
Want to make a call : wake up the phone via power button -> 3d lockscreen -> phone app -> screen immadiatly goes black but the phone is still awaken, not relocked.
Sometimes it works, but must of the time it doesn't.
I uninstall the app, and everything goes back to normal, reinstall from market after that, set 3d wall , and bug again.
Reinstall 3d wallpaper 2.5 via titanium backup, and everything seems to work.

This bug is in since version 2.3, the FiPo has it listed in the Known Bugs section.
It's a overall 3D switch bug, as it was also reported in the thread of jmztaylor's 3D Switcher. There are currently 3 types of known fixes:

1. Open camera with the dedicated shutter button, switch the dedicated 3D switch to 3D and back to 2D, press home or access your (2D) app from the notifications area
2. Disable auto-brightness (doesn't always work, might be a placebo effect)
3. Give the screen some time to restore it's brightness (10 seconds or so).

As you might have seen, it's not the screen blacking out, it's the backlight. (You can notice this by holding your (blacked out) screen near a light source and see the screen pixels still being 'drawn'. For some reason the 3D function also forces full brightness, this causes some kind of bug when switching back to 2D. I've done some debugging to find out if my app can notice if the screen stays black too long (which is why v2.5 had the VIBRATE permission added), but no luck. The api says the backlight is on (when blacked out). At last: I'm currently running version 2.6 and haven't had any blackout. So it's not version related, but there's also no persistent fix unfortunately...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

From now on it's possible to set 3D wallpapers on your homescreen!
    SUPERUSER ACCESS NO LONGER REQUIRED!!!

Download
    The apk can be downloaded from Google Play:
    (Android 4.0 and higher supported)

Download

FAQ
    What does it do?
    The stock wallpaper picker converts 3D images to 2D before setting them as wallpaper. With this app you can set 3D wallpapers (inspired by the Jmz EVO 3D/V 3D switcher from jmztaylor).

How does it work?
    To automatically enable the 3D mode on the homescreen and disable it when opening any application, this app uses a Live Wallpaper as a container for your selected 3D backgrounds. So first you need to set the Live Wallpaper in able to see the 3D container.

How do I set up this 3D wallpaper?
    1. Homescreen -> menu -> Live Wallpapers -> 3D Wallpaper -> Preview -> Settings -> Apply (first time use)
    2. To set your own wallpaper, use settings in Live Wallpaper preview or Homescreen -> menu -> Wallpaper -> 3D wallpapers

What kind of images can be used?
    Usually 3D images are stored as .jps or .mpo file.
    When picking a background, make sure the image is Side-by-Side 3D and you select 'Use 3D'

A black wallpaper is shown with a red exception in the center. What is it?
    It means there is no wallpaper selected yet. You can select different wallpapers for landscape and portrait (if your launcher supports it) by using Homescreen -> menu -> wallpaper -> 3D Wallpaper

Why do I have to set a live wallpaper?
    The Live Wallpaper is a container for the selected 3D image you choose from the gallery. By using a Live Wallpaper container, the 3D mode can be enabled and disabled automatically.

The app doesn't work! The wallpaper is 2D and blurry
    Your phone needs to be rooted (e.g. jailbreaked) and have SuperUser installed on it.

How can I root my phone to get this app up and running?
    Follow this guide (at your own risk) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535987

Where can I find 3D wallpapers?
    Install Phereo 3D Photo, which will allow you to view and store a lot of 3D images. Download can be found here. Also take a look at this post to download 3D wallpapers without the watermark.

Are there any known bugs?
    1. If a 3D boot animation is installed, the last few seconds of the boot animation will be in 2D interlaced instead of 3D, as Android is already drawing the wallpaper. Because it's invisible, the script to disable 3D is called...
    2. Sometimes the screen blacks out when switching from 3D to 2D view. Known fix; wait a few seconds to let it restore the backlight. (More info here)
    3. After setting the Live Wallpaper for the first time, the screen might not switch to 3D. Turn off the screen or open any app and switch back to the homescreen. It should now be enabled.

Supported file formats
    • MPO
    • JPS
    • JPG, PNG, etc. (use horizontal side-by-side)

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog
    v3.1 Ported 4.0+ application to Android 2.3 devices
    v3.1 Added fullbright workaround by adding a semi-transparent black layer
    v3.01 Added nullpointer check for selected files which are no longer available
    v3.00 Implemented 3D center image
    v2.91 Re-enabled jpg interlacing for people who want to trip on 2D images
    v2.9: Memory usage improvements, improved 3D scaling (all image dimensions now allowed)
    v2.8: Failed attempt to enable 3D mode for aosp roms. Seems you need the htc libs anyway. Added su method back in when htc api fails to set 3D mode
    v2.7: Root access / super user no longer needed
    v2.6: Implemented landscape wallpapers, improved progress dialog
    v2.5: Total rewrite of the mpo decoding
    v2.4: Fixed missing wallpaper after boot problem.
    v2.3: Added automatically 3D enable/disable via Live Wallpaper container. Please select the 3D Live Wallpaper first before picking the 3D background.
    v2.2: Never officially released
    v2.1: Improved exception handling
    v2.0: First release
    v1.0: Never officially released

Thanks
    jmztaylor, the 3D switch patch can be found on the Play Store.
    Chillisaus for the help on the mpo decoding.
    Phereo 3D Watermark

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog
    v1.2: Phereo app changed, fixed the downloader
    v1.1: New Phereo icon added
    v1.0: Initial build
    Doesn't work for me :( looks cool though

I have only tried the 3d pics from the gallery, the screen goes into 3d mode (landscape selected and held horizontally) but the wallpaper doesn't.

Keep the phone portrait but select Landscape in the 3D switcher...
    3d pics from the gallery do work...

at least.. on my rom...
    I have to agree that the new version works fantastically well as well... I will upload a few pics for anyone who want to use them in a few (I took them btw)

Edit: Hell with it... here you guys are... Enjoy!