[P990][Rom list] ICS & JB based Roms

Search This thread

catalin.carastoian

Sep 2, 2012
[ROM][Android 4.2.1] SIII look and feel NEW BOOTLOADER - Best ROM EVER

Hello,

I am a user of your wonderful ROM. I am testing ROM's for two year, and this is the best ROM ever. Thank you very much. I only have 1 problem with it - the portable WI-fi hotspot isn't working, and i wish you will work on this problem in your next update. Thank you again for this excellent ROM

pdevari

Jan 10, 2012
Ponda Goa
thanks

Thanks for putting all info together keep updating as novice like me find this very helpful ....

Thanks once again...:good::highfive:

mivv

Aug 4, 2012
Hello,

I am a user of your wonderful ROM. I am testing ROM's for two year, and this is the best ROM ever. Thank you very much. I only have 1 problem with it - the portable WI-fi hotspot isn't working, and i wish you will work on this problem in your next update. Thank you again for this excellent ROM

thank mate im happy to hear that u like it

BS86

Jan 20, 2013
Regensburg
came from stock-V30A, got to DM X1.2.1, then switched to PA2.5

my pros for PA:
- faster
- way more stable
- JellyBean

my cons for PA:
none - everything is smooth working, and if something should really not work, pengus and tonyp are helping - and they do updates on a constant basis

stock-V30A and also DM 1.2.1 had Black screen - crashes (BSODs) when connecting any power supply, and did random reboots - PA has none of them.

Only had one reboot yesterday, and the cause was a corrupted file system, fixed that and stable again

hectormcesar

came from stock-V30A, got to DM X1.2.1, then switched to PA2.5

my pros for PA:
- faster
- way more stable
- JellyBean

my cons for PA:
none - everything is smooth working, and if something should really not work, pengus and tonyp are helping - and they do updates on a constant basis

stock-V30A and also DM 1.2.1 had Black screen - crashes (BSODs) when connecting any power supply, and did random reboots - PA has none of them.

Only had one reboot yesterday, and the cause was a corrupted file system, fixed that and stable again

That sounds great!! Although there's no doubt about every device is different (mainly because we may have different apps installed and different ways to use it). Cause in my own experience DM X1.2.1 and X1.3 hasn't give me any black screen or random bsod's, atm my phone has been working to the best (not even 2.3 or cm7). But I always like to try new ROM's and I like custom rom better than stock ones.
So to flash tony's PA I just need to install cwm 6.0.15? touch or not touch? full wipe and flash the rom with gapps?
My OX2 was rooted with homeros's optitool, so cwm-base recovery v6.0.1.5 would this one be enough?

see attachment:
Anyone can tell me what's wrong with my:
E: can't mounth /cache/recovery/comand
etc
etc
etc

[-Stash-]

Sep 4, 2007
Pros of PA
- rock solid
- everything seems to work (I've never used FM radio…)
- decent battery life even with Wi-Fi left on!
- OTA updates from the dev (just need changelogs in the updates as well now ;) )!

Cons of PA
- no Android 4.2 keyboard :'(

Dscheesix

Jan 28, 2013
I can also just recommend to give PA a try, very stable, very fast, very nice :D

And special PA settings are something to "play around with" - i like very much :D
My 2X was never running this good before and on other hand looking very nice by choosing prefered PA Settings.

Can´t say something about last Django releases, i tried the 1.0 and 1.1 but went back to cm. don´t like Django optic but performance was nice that days.

Beniel17

Dec 23, 2012
Valencia
I can also just recommend to give PA a try, very stable, very fast, very nice :D

And special PA settings are something to "play around with" - i like very much :D
My 2X was never running this good before and on other hand looking very nice by choosing prefered PA Settings.

Can´t say something about last Django releases, i tried the 1.0 and 1.1 but went back to cm. don´t like Django optic but performance was nice that days.

I try it!

proyatzu

Nov 4, 2012
R: [P990][Rom list] ICS & JB based Roms

What about civato roms and kernel? Is it a better combo of pa and kowalski?

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Uhu, thanks for the recommendations guys :eek: :highfive:
I'm trying my best to keep up the expectations :)

Cons of PA
- no Android 4.2 keyboard :'(
My personal favorite keyboard is Swiftkey, bought it ages ago. I tried lots of keyboards, couldn't type faster with any other one.
Even better news. Swiftkey Flow (which supports gesture typing :good:) is currently in beta and thus free for all:
http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/ (download the phone apk).
[/LIST]

Last edited:
Reactions: BS86

Di HarD

Jan 28, 2013
at SU660
i tried ICS, good working, but no multilanguage support) i don't need it, but nevertheless
CM10.1 Temasek,
Works really good, but BT problem, is not for me. I need to erase sometimes engine faults in my car :cool:
CM10 PA 2.5.
Works as good as CM10.1, smooth, fast. And has working BT. My choice.

Top Liked Posts