Your software has been notified

Search This thread

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
Hey guys. Just got an LTE version of the Notepro. I went to update it, first thing. It says that my software version has been modified and that updates are not available. Having just unpacked the device. Is this something i should be worried about or just send it back?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
Basically its a german lte version. They all seem to be affected. If samsung does fix this, could the update go through, despite this message?
Checked knox and its stil 0x0. So this is a bug.

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
But in the case they fix this could an update go through via Ota or kies, even when it says this.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
But in the case they fix this could an update go through via Ota or kies, even when it says this.

All my Samsung devices are rooted, and none take the OTA with the same "your device has been modified" error. All are upgradable through Kies without any issue. Just went to KK on my S4 and Note 10.1 (2014) via Kies without any problems at all.

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
All my Samsung devices are rooted, and none take the OTA with the same "your device has been modified" error. All are upgradable through Kies without any issue. Just went to KK on my S4 and Note 10.1 (2014) via Kies without any problems at all.

Whats KK?
So basically i could get future updates via Kies?

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
Whats KK?
So basically i could get future updates via Kies?

KK is KitKat (4.4.2 for the S4 and Note 10.1). Yes, Kies seems to bypass even the knox counter. *IF* it is confirmed that all the German LTE devices are doing this, I would not worry. If it's just yours, I'd send it back. But if it is all of them, you will always be able to update via Kies and I would suspect the first update would fix this OTA issue.

andreadb

Dec 15, 2006
I have the same problem with mine, Italian Note Pro LTE. After the first OTA the status changed to Modified. I have also tried with ODIN to reflash, but it is still Modified. Obviously the Note Pro has not been modified or rooted in any way.

It seems a common problem.

Andrea

francesco totti

Jul 14, 2013
KK is KitKat (4.4.2 for the S4 and Note 10.1). Yes, Kies seems to bypass even the knox counter. *IF* it is confirmed that all the German LTE devices are doing this, I would not worry. If it's just yours, I'd send it back. But if it is all of them, you will always be able to update via Kies and I would suspect the first update would fix this OTA issue.
Hi. If we want to update thorough Kies and we are on custom recovery, should we first flash stock recovery?? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Tapatalk

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
I read in the Singapore hardware zone forums that they too had ths problem with the LTE version. With the latest March (Singapore is one of the first to get it), the problem was fixed. They were able to fix it with an OTA update. So my advice for now is just hang in there untill the update arrives. I for example just returned my unit and waiting for the update.

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
I have the same problem with mine, Italian Note Pro LTE. After the first OTA the status changed to Modified. I have also tried with ODIN to reflash, but it is still Modified. Obviously the Note Pro has not been modified or rooted in any way.

It seems a common problem.

Andrea

The problem will persist. Wait for the update to be fixed with an update from Samsung.

navjot singh

Oct 1, 2013
Remove your sd card , reboot and then update. ..it is an issue with many samsung devices ...
If I helped pls hit thanks

Sent from my SM-P901 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lucien1975

Dec 1, 2014
Solution

Hey guys. Just got an LTE version of the Notepro. I went to update it, first thing. It says that my software version has been modified and that updates are not available. Having just unpacked the device. Is this something i should be worried about or just send it back?

I unboxed my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 this morning. I get the same error when trying to check if the the software is up to date.

Where you able to fix yours?