Bad IMEI N900T Question

Search This thread

JJ2525

Sep 29, 2012
I've searched around for a definitive answer on this, but haven't found one.

I see a lot of N900T's advertised as unlocked with a bad IMEI. Does this mean that since it's unlocked I can use the phone with AT&T in the USA, just not with TMo? Does it depend on the specific N900T at hand or is there a uniform rule?

Thankful for any and all help.

mem4720

Feb 21, 2011
Yes, you can use it on AT&T without issue. I am doing this for a few months. But, there is a chance AT&T and T-Mobile will someday share blacklists and it could be blocked by both networks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I've searched around for a definitive answer on this, but haven't found one.

I see a lot of N900T's advertised as unlocked with a bad IMEI. Does this mean that since it's unlocked I can use the phone with AT&T in the USA, just not with TMo? Does it depend on the specific N900T at hand or is there a uniform rule?

Thankful for any and all help.

What this means is the imei is block by tmobile. It will not connect to its network.
Now att and tmobile have started to share networks. So its possible that it will be block by att also.

Over sea carries dont share the same list. (at lest not for now.) so there good to go,

Also note that there is no way to remove the device from the blacklist. Also just because its fine right now on att it doesnt mean it wont get updated down the road.
Then you will be left with a phone that you cant use.

I stop buying phones online because its harder to trust people and when something goes wrong you get the bad part of it.

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
I know for a fact they have been sharing the same list for atleast a year or so if im correct. You might be able to use it,but chances are it wont work. sorry to burst your bubble. just sell it on ebay and you might be able to get more money off it! good luck