[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Krarvind your an awesome dev...remind me of watsa...always there for his people. Can anyone tell me y I can't do voice to text? I have it set to show mic on keyboard yet it doesnt. Tried alt keyboard and pressed voice button and did NOTHING. Any idears?

Last edited:

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
Anyone can refresh my dumb ass on where the setting is exactly for "long press back to kill app" ?

Matrioux

Sep 26, 2007
anyone else notice that the ringtone and notifications are not linked?

I downgraded back to 2.8 cuz i loved the non linked volume so much

awesome work by the way, probably the best rom i have used on this captivate

In 2.8 there was a setting to de-couple the ring and notification volumes. I cannot find that setting in 2.9. Am I just missing it or has it been removed? If removed, is there any way to add it back. If I am just missing it, please point me in the right direction.

I didn't see anything in the change log about removing it.

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
I installed 2.7 w/ essentials . Then 2.9 w/ essentials . Currently using whatever kernel came with that package.

Was working fine at home for 24 hrs. Left the house and it sod three times .
Running the cpu at 100 MHz @ screen off.

Phaze13

Nov 20, 2008
Flashed so much crap I don't know what exactly was the factor that fixed it.

WEIRDEST THING NOW THOUGH IS WHEN IT BOOTS UP I GET THE AT&T LOGO SCREEN FOR A SECOND OR TWO. I HAVEN'T HAD THAT SCREEN FOR AGES. WHY NOW ? WAS BLACK BEFORE AND JUST SAID SAMSUNG I9000

I'm sure you figured it out by now. You flashed I897 boot loaders (att logo screen) somewhere along the line when you were using I9000 boot loaders (samsung I9000 screen) before.

Reactions: scottcwhite

phyba

Oct 26, 2008
Hello, not sure this is the right place to ask this. My girlfriend has a captivate but its screwed up from the last gb update. I wanna flash this rom to her phone but was wondering if there was a "guide" of some sorts because the guide that's stickied is out dated lol. I've only used HTC phones and currently on a rezound with ice but have no idea how these Sammy's work. I keep reading about bootloaxers and what not.

This rom would be my ideal choice because Its pure vanilla ics and lightweight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

goob1284

Nov 24, 2010
Hello, not sure this is the right place to ask this. My girlfriend has a captivate but its screwed up from the last gb update. I wanna flash this rom to her phone but was wondering if there was a "guide" of some sorts because the guide that's stickied is out dated lol. I've only used HTC phones and currently on a rezound with ice but have no idea how these Sammy's work. I keep reading about bootloaxers and what not.

This rom would be my ideal choice because Its pure vanilla ics and lightweight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Hi! What's up with the phone? Does it turn off? First thing to do is this. Take the USB cord and plug it in the computer, and remove the battery out of the phone. Plug it in. Now, press and hold the 3 physical buttons(power, volume up, and volume down). Slide the battery into the phone, and as you do that, release the power and keep holding the volume buttons. If you see a yellow triangle, you're good. You're not bricked, and you should be able to flash away, message me if you get this far and I can link you to the files you need to download, ans we won't have to clutter up this thread.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Reactions: know8677 and phyba

THEGAMEPLAY94

Feb 5, 2009
My camera is not working, any ideas as to way? I tried different apps from the market also but nothing worked.

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
Hi! What's up with the phone? Does it turn off? First thing to do is this. Take the USB cord and plug it in the computer, and remove the battery out of the phone. Plug it in. Now, press and hold the 3 physical buttons(power, volume up, and volume down). Slide the battery into the phone, and as you do that, release the power and keep holding the volume buttons. If you see a yellow triangle, you're good. You're not bricked, and you should be able to flash away, message me if you get this far and I can link you to the files you need to download, ans we won't have to clutter up this thread.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Power button is not required to go into download mode. Plug USB cable into PC, Remove battery, hold both Vol up/down and do not release. Place battery back in while still holding both Vol rockers and then plug in USB cable to phone

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
anyone understand what he's saying?

Yes, he just worded himself wrong. What he is referring to is that in the previous build "ringer" had its own Vol setting and "notifications" had its own Vol setting. In the current build both are linked together with only one adjustment for both. So if you open up volume settings and decrease your ringer Vol you will also be decreasing your notifications volume

Blackcrx

Mar 8, 2012
anyone understand what he's saying?

In version 2.8 the ringtone and notification volume can be adjusted separately. So for example while I'm in the office my ringtone would be quarter volume but my notifications would be silent. That way my could workers don't hear my phone text alert notifications every 10mins or whatever

With 2.9 that option was removed. Ringtone and notifications are the same volume.

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
I'm sure you figured it out by now. You flashed I897 boot loaders (att logo screen) somewhere along the line when you were using I9000 boot loaders (samsung I9000 screen) before.

I hadn't so thank you. Just glad I got the thing back up and running. Sunday night was not a fun night, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......