Originally Posted by floriko
I think my brandnew defy+ (cm9 newest quarkx2k build) has the same fault too -_-
Do you have a good guide for me how I remove traces of the custom rom?
Here is what I did:
1. Restore NANDROID backup of Motorola ROM (you have a backup right?) using custom recovery. You may be able to restore with SBF, but I have not used those.
2. Reboot into Motorola
3. Reboot into Android boot menu (press volume down when blue LED appears).
4. Navigate options (can't remember exactly) to uninstall Android boot menu. If this fails, reboot into Motorola make sure you have Defy 2ndInit installed, try again.
5. Reboot into Motorola. Make sure blue LED does NOT appear, this verifies that Android boot menu has been removed.
6. Remove any root type apps (eg. RootExplorer, Defy 2ndInit, Titanium Backup, etc), including data.
7. Connect up USB cable so that you can connect with adb.
8. Run unrooting script from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1312859
. Note: I used DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit to root initially, this might not work if you used another method.
9. Reboot phone again.
10. Perform some testing to confirm root no longer accessible, eg connect via adb, try to su, check busybox has been removed, etc.
11. Perform factory reset - this will wipe everything from /data, /cache and SDCARD.