closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

androidmeda

Dec 16, 2010
Manila
okay guys, i messed up my SD Card while creating the partitions.. I used PC to create it.. and after reboot, my mob doesnt recognize the card anymore.. I dont have my other mobile also, so I will have to wait till Monday...

Why do we require the extra partitions? isnt the ROM already loaded on phone memory?

thanks

While that is correct, you'll soon find that you'll be running out of space for the apps you'll be installing. The extra partition is used for that in a special way.

What guide did you follow in partitioning the sdcard?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

-DarkKnight-

Mar 14, 2011
Gotham
okay guys, i messed up my SD Card while creating the partitions.. I used PC to create it.. and after reboot, my mob doesnt recognize the card anymore.. I dont have my other mobile also, so I will have to wait till Monday...

Why do we require the extra partitions? isnt the ROM already loaded on phone memory?

thanks

well I do it in recovery its easier
any benefits when doing it on a computer?

monoguy

Feb 3, 2011
After random reboot I sometime get into the charging without turning on state. I have to clear cache and other thing in the recovery to get into a normal boot again.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

kromastorm

May 14, 2011
While that is correct, you'll soon find that you'll be running out of space for the apps you'll be installing. The extra partition is used for that in a special way.

What guide did you follow in partitioning the sdcard?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for replying. Well, I was following the steps given in the first page of ICS 9 release, I was getting confused with ext2 to ext3 line, so what I did was went to link2sd steps given in this forum. this looks okay, I did the things according to that, but maybe i missed to make the ext2 as primary... default is logical.. maybe because of that it might have stopped recognizing the card..

with PC we have much more control over the partitioning as we use some GUI tool, anyways, I fixed the issue.. Just tried by luck with partitioning SD Card again in recovery, I was thinking that at best it will give error about being able to find the Card.. but it worked, strangely...

lets see, now I have to fill up the apps section.

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Hephappy will the low speaker volume fixed in the next update???& color banding is still there :( but the rom is very smooth with decent batt..if improved then better btw never going back to CM7.2 :D :) Thanx Hep.

Had a modified libaudio in latest nightly, but it didn't solve the low volume.
Will add more changes in the next one to see if that'll work.

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
I made a new build with linaro toolchain

Linaro kernel only: 1437
Full Linaro: 1535

So I guess it does make a bit of a difference :)

However the ROM grew by about 5mb so we'll need to make some more sacrifices when it gets accepted. I removed the Greek, Georgian, Hebrew and Russian dictionaries which saved 4.5mb

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
I made a new build with linaro toolchain

Linaro kernel only: 1437
Full Linaro: 1535

So I guess it does make a bit of a difference :)

However the ROM grew by about 5mb so we'll need to make some more sacrifices when it gets accepted. I removed the Greek, Georgian, Hebrew and Russian dictionaries which saved 4.5mb

Thanks for the update. What do you mean by getting accepted?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have full previewwwwww!!!we did it guyssss!!!!what a pity it was a silly ****tt!!!it's a great dayyyy!!!!
    Getting further on openmax video encoder/decoder.
    Solved a lot of errors on compiling again. Let's hope I will solve the other ones too :D

Recorded videos play smooth, only the first second is laggy, afterwards it is ok!
    Will upload fixes to my github :D
    Guess we will have a new release soon :D
    Updated a lot of kernel patches guys :) you can find it on p500 github :) i have also a good news..:) i've worked this period to get money to buy a new optimus...i've bow it and next week i will receive new optimus one :) i'm on it at full time another time guys :)
    Unofficial Nightlies building started.
    Downloads on www.multipleandroidcoding.net/cm9-nightlies

Moving them soon, cause downloadspeeds suck :D
    So don't start about speed ;)

Now I'm going to sleep, my fellow patients are already dreaming :D