(25 November 2008) Haptic Feedback 0.3.1 - LG KS20 support (hopefully)!

Search This thread

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
There are probably similar apps around, but I got bored and made my own!

Currently, there are no options. It's on, or it's off!

Download the cab from here, install it, and then run "Haptic Feedback" from the programs menu.

By default, it installs a shortcut to launch at startup, but if you don't like that, delete "\Windows\Startup\HapticFeedback.Startup.lnk".

If Haptic Feedback is already running, starting the link again will cause it to exit.

Notes:
No external frameworks are required - pure C++
Supports MoDaCo AppToDate

Coming whenever I have enough time to implement it:
Settings - lots!
A settings application
Some features I haven't yet thought about... Suggestions anyone?
Support for keyboard response

I can't be held responsible for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly via use of this program, etc etc...

Change Log:
0.3.1 LG KS20 Support!
The "CustomLED" option allows for different LEDs to be set as the vibrate (default is 1. KS20 users should set it to 3)
0.3 Sound playback!
VibrateEnabled - enable vibration (1 is yes, 0 is no)
SoundEnabled - enable sound (1 is yes, 0 is no)
Sound - the full path to the sound file (only used if SoundEnabled = 1)

0.2 Settings! Stored under HKCU\Software\l3v5y\Haptic Feedback
HoldVibrate - keep vibration on until the screen is no longer down
HighTime - the time (in milliseconds) the vibration should be sustained
LowTime - the time (in milliseconds) the vibration should be held low
PollingInterval - the time (in milliseconds) between polls of the mouse state

0.1 Initial release

No point in a screenshot, as there is no form!

DISTRIBUTION OF THIS IN ANY FORM MAY RESULT IN VIOLENT DEATH CAUSED BY nir36, OR MYSELF - DON'T DO IT!

Last edited:

curious george

Nov 9, 2006
Feature Request

I know Heptic feedback is primarily designed to be vibrate response function but my suggestion is, Allow user setting to select both when Heptic feedback or audible feedback on or off for example only if SIP keyboard is enabled or in a specific program.

I really don't like the screen tap sound when used in general for all screen taps under winmo general settings but I would like the ability to have screen taps sound or vibrate feedback or both when I use my keyboard. So the ability to assign sounds or vibration independently of each other would be nice.

Curious G

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I know Heptic feedback is primarily designed to be vibrate response function but my suggestion is, Allow user setting to select both when Heptic feedback or audible feedback on or off for example only if SIP keyboard is enabled or in a specific program.

I really don't like the screen tap sound when used in general for all screen taps under winmo general settings but I would like the ability to have screen taps sound or vibrate feedback or both when I use my keyboard. So the ability to assign sounds or vibration independently of each other would be nice.

Curious G
I'll see if I can work out how to do that! It seems a nice idea.

Thanks!

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
dude. i suggest you stop giving your phone to people/losing it. :)
Meh...

I wrote it mainly because I find it useful, and partly to test if I can get input from the device - I'm planning on creating a keyboard hook to launch my Dialer when the "call" button is pressed.

Mike1002

Nov 18, 2007
any way to lower the intesity of the vibration? its hurting my hand :p

This app works with ftouchsl, which other apps ive tried dont.

Mike

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
any way to lower the intesity of the vibration? its hurting my hand :p

This app works with ftouchsl, which other apps ive tried dont.

Mike
As of yet, no. Currently, the vibration motor is being controlled in the same way as LEDs, so it's either on or off... I'll look into an alternate method though.

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
if u can find some way to make this just work when the on screen keyboard is up that would be awesome

kidnamedAlbert

Retired Moderator
Dec 30, 2007
Photoshop CS3
works with PCM Keyboard :D
but i just wish it was a less of a vibration. too loud for me.
imagine in class just hearing loud ass vibrations while im texting?

adderz91

Sep 11, 2008
Central Coast, NSW
Excellent App, i will watch this development closely as its something id love. For the moment it feels like my Polaris is going to explode when i scroll :p Sometimes it also misses its "que"

But great work, very impressed.