[Q] I want to be in QHSUSB_DLOAD Mode for Padfone 2

Search This thread
Feb 26, 2010
Hello XDA lords, ladies and others...

I've found endless threads of users stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode on this forum with some pretty solid ways of recovering from it. Most people are dismayed by this mode appearing on booting their phones, but not me. I may be the only lunatic wanting to get into it.

My (formerly lovely) Padfone 2 has somehow developed a fault where it has erased its IMEI number. After much Googling I discovered that the QPST program (along with many other tools) can change this value for me. But unfortunately that's as far as I get.

I can get into Fastboot Mode. Recovery Mode. I've flashed stock and CWM recoveries fore installed QHSUSB drivers onto my Win 8 machine. Installed custom ROMs and stock ROMs but there seems to be no way to get the device into that mode. I get no unknown QHSUSB device or extra COM ports.

I've tried various shell commands such as "adb reboot download". Tried to edit the USB module parameters to get the serial drivers to run (I'm totally lost there but if someone has some sort of magic hacking way...kinda like how the USB port can support adb,mtp mode etc.).

Found a line in the boot.prop

Code:
# ASUS_BSP+++ jacob kung "ASUS default disable QPST DL Mode" 
persist.sys.downloadmode.enable = 0 
# ASUS_BSP--- jacob kung "ASUS default disable QPST DL Mode"

That's set to 1 now but still do QPST DL mode.

I'm stumped. ASUS can't help. I'm out of warranty and in a different country to where the device was purchased. (Yay eBay!)
They won't tell me how to get into Download mode.

I have now come to the font of all knowledge to try and find anyone that might have an idea of where to go next. I've got a spare phone and am happy with config changes and adb commands. If I can just persuade the phone to appear as a serial device all will be well, maybe.

Any help gratefully received.

wasim74

Jul 4, 2014
Hello XDA lords, ladies and others...

I've found endless threads of users stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode on this forum with some pretty solid ways of recovering from it. Most people are dismayed by this mode appearing on booting their phones, but not me. I may be the only lunatic wanting to get into it.

My (formerly lovely) Padfone 2 has somehow developed a fault where it has erased its IMEI number. After much Googling I discovered that the QPST program (along with many other tools) can change this value for me. But unfortunately that's as far as I get.

I can get into Fastboot Mode. Recovery Mode. I've flashed stock and CWM recoveries fore installed QHSUSB drivers onto my Win 8 machine. Installed custom ROMs and stock ROMs but there seems to be no way to get the device into that mode. I get no unknown QHSUSB device or extra COM ports.

I've tried various shell commands such as "adb reboot download". Tried to edit the USB module parameters to get the serial drivers to run (I'm totally lost there but if someone has some sort of magic hacking way...kinda like how the USB port can support adb,mtp mode etc.).

Found a line in the boot.prop

Code:
# ASUS_BSP+++ jacob kung "ASUS default disable QPST DL Mode" 
persist.sys.downloadmode.enable = 0 
# ASUS_BSP--- jacob kung "ASUS default disable QPST DL Mode"

That's set to 1 now but still do QPST DL mode.

I'm stumped. ASUS can't help. I'm out of warranty and in a different country to where the device was purchased. (Yay eBay!)
They won't tell me how to get into Download mode.

I have now come to the font of all knowledge to try and find anyone that might have an idea of where to go next. I've got a spare phone and am happy with config changes and adb commands. If I can just persuade the phone to appear as a serial device all will be well, maybe.

Any help gratefully received.

hello so do you mean you wanna get into QHSUSB_DLOAD mode let me know ??

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

hello so do you mean you wanna get into :confused: mode let me know ??

if yes i can tell you how to do that ???