2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF build Stock ROM FIXED DATA [10/27]

Search This thread

lavans4u

Sep 3, 2010
Bangalore
I have a unlocked and rooted photon.

1.Can i flash this sbf using RSDlite
2.Is there any need to unlock the bootloader again after flashing this sbf?
3.Will i be able to use the future OTAs released by moto or sprint?

Thanx

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
I have a unlocked and rooted photon.

1.Can i flash this sbf using RSDlite
2.Is there any need to unlock the bootloader again after flashing this sbf?
3.Will i be able to use the future OTAs released by moto or sprint?

Thanx

1. Yes you can.
2. That's entirely up to you. I believe you can flash the theme via bootstrap, but I don't know, I haven't tried.
3. I believe so, since this does relock/unroot you're basically back at stock.

mecksg1

Jan 7, 2011
omaha ne
so can you flash update 1024 like a rom thru cwm, im running joker rom right now and also the theme is that flashed thru cwm also? and i have the 45.3.7 update

TheGman125

Apr 17, 2010
birmingham, Al
Every time I use your update it unroot my phone. Is there something I can do to fix that.

---------- Post added 8th November 2011 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th November 2011 at 11:50 PM ----------

Is anyone have this problem when it comes to rooting devices and how are you fixing the problem:

hey is anyone ever had this issue before when your using torpedo to root.

fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
and start again.

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http:///wiki.x.org

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
Yes, you lose root, I think it says that in the OP. But you can get it back fairly easy. I use torpedo. Used it before I did this, and used it after, both with the same results. I was rooted. So it should work for you too.

Where are you getting hung up at?

netengineer

so i have this updated on my phone and rooted. im going to unlock and add cwm like i did before. the proub i have is that it will knock me back to 45.2.5 instead of 45.3.7. is there a fix for that or will joker rom fix it?

Okay I am having the same issue but I can't figure it out. I can flash this SBF and it works fine, then I reroot and I am still good, but when I go to unlock it so I can put CWM on it it throws me back to 45.2.5 . How can I fix that? I am using this method but it seems that it has an old SBF.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1216143

Thanks for the help in advance

pswin09

Aug 24, 2010
Singapore
Okay I am having the same issue but I can't figure it out. I can flash this SBF and it works fine, then I reroot and I am still good, but when I go to unlock it so I can put CWM on it it throws me back to 45.2.5 . How can I fix that? I am using this method but it seems that it has an old SBF.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1216143

Thanks for the help in advance

You just need to flash puddingunlock sbf. That will take about one minute & rsd will say flashing fail. Then just takeout battery and reboot. You will see unlocked on boot. After that you just use moto-fastboot to push cwm on your phone. By the way what method you use to root your phone?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: netengineer

netengineer

You just need to flash puddingunlock sbf. That will take about one minute & rsd will say flashing fail. Then just takeout battery and reboot. You will see unlocked on boot. After that you just use moto-fastboot to push cwm on your phone. By the way what method you use to root your phone?

Thanks so much for your help. I think that is what I did but it throws me back to the older SBF. (Then again it took a long time to flash not a minute)

I used this method: I guess this would be the "torpedo" method

1.Navigate to the Android Market and install the “Superuser” application from ChainsDD
◦Alternatively, install a Superuser .apk file from here.
2.Extract the ADB package to your C:\ Drive under a new folder titled “root”
3.Place the root file in the same folder
4.Open the command prompt (Start >> run “cmd” >> enter)
5.Type the following commands
◦cd C:/root
◦adb push photon-torpedo.tar /data/tmp
◦adb shell
◦cd /data/tmp
◦/bin/tar xf /data/tmp/photon-torpedo.tar
◦/data/tmp/photon-torpedo.sh
◦/data/tmp/install-su.sh
6.Congratulations! You are rooted!

Edit: I used the file "pudding_stock_unlock.sbf" where do I get the "puddingunlock.sbf" file?

Last edited:

pswin09

Aug 24, 2010
Singapore
Thanks so much for your help. I think that is what I did but it throws me back to the older SBF. (Then again it took a long time to flash not a minute)

I used this method: I guess this would be the "torpedo" method

1.Navigate to the Android Market and install the “Superuser” application from ChainsDD
◦Alternatively, install a Superuser .apk file from here.
2.Extract the ADB package to your C:\ Drive under a new folder titled “root”
3.Place the root file in the same folder
4.Open the command prompt (Start >> run “cmd” >> enter)
5.Type the following commands
◦cd C:/root
◦adb push photon-torpedo.tar /data/tmp
◦adb shell
◦cd /data/tmp
◦/bin/tar xf /data/tmp/photon-torpedo.tar
◦/data/tmp/photon-torpedo.sh
◦/data/tmp/install-su.sh
6.Congratulations! You are rooted!

Then you are flashing wrong sbf.. Only need to flash puddingunlock sbf (1 mb). I never use your method to root... I just use AIO root method .. That is quite easy.

netengineer

Then you are flashing wrong sbf.. Only need to flash puddingunlock sbf (1 mb). I never use your method to root... I just use AIO root method .. That is quite easy.

Where do I get the file and where is the AIO method? Once I get all that I should be good to go. :)

Edit: Okay I think i got the correct file. I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help!

Edit, Edit: I GOT IT!!!! I am unlocked and have CWM on it and at the latest SBF!

Do I now run the "update 1024.zip" or is that in the build already? My data and WiFi seem to be working fine.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Have moved the mirrors to the front as tomorrow im going to the Motorola RAZR.

Why would you want to go to a Motorola RAZR after being on an Android phone? I know they were state of the art flip phones in their day but.....

(Okay just a little joke) :)

Let us know how you like it.

Thanks for all the work you have done in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianford10

pswin09

Aug 24, 2010
Singapore
Where do I get the file and where is the AIO method? Once I get all that I should be good to go. :)

Edit: Okay I think i got the correct file. I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help!

Edit, Edit: I GOT IT!!!! I am unlocked and have CWM on it and at the latest SBF!

Do I now run the "update 1024.zip" or is that in the build already? My data and WiFi seem to be working fine.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Why would you want to go to a Motorola RAZR after being on an Android phone? I know they were state of the art flip phones in their day but.....

Good man.. update 1040.zip is only deodexed file system.. I think.... You should flash joker rom instead of 1040.zip..

ianford10

May 22, 2010

Lol, you had me going for a minute. Will let you know how it goes with the RAZR :)

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts